Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 06:03 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

i have no idea how the pulley could heat up that much to mend itself to the layshaft.the only thing i can think of is how the instructions tell you to put the layshaft assembly in backwards.is your oneway pulley driving the rear or the front?it should be driving the front.if it is in backwards i can definately see this happening.to take it out i would heat it up with a heat gun and lightly tap it out with something smaller in diameter than the layshaft.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do they make a spool for the cyclone? and or a locked center pully?
Old 04-17-2006, 07:02 PM
Tech Lord

yes they do have a locked pulley and spool.i beat down there spool in 1 race day though.it didnt hold up in mod very well.im working on a bulletproof spool for the car now.i have been testing it for 2 weeks and its holding up really well.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

yes to bot i dont have the part number right now tho
Old 04-17-2006, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

Default One-way

I just finished up my Surikarn Edition cyclone....and my question is how can i tell if my one-way is built correct??... .....if i spin say the left side forward it is the only one that turns....also same thing happens with the right....but if I spin the left or right side backwards then it turns the other side as well... I dont know if this is right or not....
thanks for the help
Old 04-17-2006, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Yip thats right
Old 04-17-2006, 08:13 PM
Tech Regular

thanks.....I wasnt sure....never had a one-way before......
Old 04-18-2006, 03:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

protc3 ygpm question for ya
Old 04-18-2006, 06:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Jason you got PM.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:41 AM
Tech Adept

Hi Guys, Yeah the outdoor season has started again here in the not so sunny holland, cyclone rebuild all ready to go for the first practice day in the outdoor season and i was very very happy because i can pull the cyclone out of the closet again (i race 1:18 in the winter) and my gear was very upgraded i had a home-build grooved motor, peak 4200's, a new KO servo (2343FET Digital bla bla bla...).
I didn't had much time to set-up my car i did it pretty much in a rush .
I wanted to leave early but my dad is so slow , arriving on the track... it's full of nitro's and i am not very anti-nitro i just don't like it, never driven with nitro's eather.... but ive got the car al set-up just a final check on the new servo, and first a warming up with my 19t... and before nitro's i thaught that's pretty fast my 19t but after yesterday i only want 12t mod .... but the car was pretty dialed in with 19t i went past all the 1:8 & 1:10 nitro's because they where al gardening and i was running extremly constant laps times of 22 sec 21 etc. etc. etc.
and then it was time to keep up with the 1:10 nitro's in a fair way...... but i was disapointed the set-up was to weake i think for the power of the 12t grooved, so do you have any suggestions i run rubber on a huge ''holland'' asphalt track . but for the rest it was a very funny and mayba not so successful day but i had a lot of fun.
Here some pics with matching stories :

Offcourse this speaks for it self my cyclone (a little smal )

What happens when a cyclone chrashes into a stationary FK 05 ? well this the FK 05 here above, and it has no damage only a busted up shell but this is wat happend with (my) cyclone

yes a broken steering knuckle (i am getting the alu jet racing ones and i am still thinking about a p-dub bumper is it really that good ?)

Here a ''small'' impression of my track

And BTW : a 1:8 nitro ran into me and pushed of the track onder a fence and i broke my front lower arm... but lucky i had a replacement but my shell is busted op ....... and excuse me for my english.

Greetz Florian from holland
Old 04-18-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
i have no idea how the pulley could heat up that much to mend itself to the layshaft.the only thing i can think of is how the instructions tell you to put the layshaft assembly in backwards.is your oneway pulley driving the rear or the front?it should be driving the front.if it is in backwards i can definately see this happening.to take it out i would heat it up with a heat gun and lightly tap it out with something smaller in diameter than the layshaft.
Hi Jason,

It's the Surikarn edition, so it has the amended instruction manual. A friend of mine has a very early cyclone with the original instruction manual and I know what you mean.

I'll get the heat gun out tonight and see what I can do!

Thanks,

Alan
Old 04-18-2006, 01:30 PM
HB
Tech Apprentice

hey Holloman
i drive my cyclone on gouda to whit a 12t
is set up was really bad
for a 12turn
Old 04-18-2006, 03:09 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Ballsie
Hi Jason,

It's the Surikarn edition, so it has the amended instruction manual. A friend of mine has a very early cyclone with the original instruction manual and I know what you mean.

I'll get the heat gun out tonight and see what I can do!

Thanks,

Alan
wow,

i would send the oneway pulley back and get a new one.that really sucks bro.however,after every race day i do regrease the oneway bearings in the pulley and front oneway.they run too free when they are not greased and lose that nice stable feeling.i use the black grease that came in the kit.it keeps them having some resistance and makes the car real smoothe like the day you bought it.
Old 04-18-2006, 03:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Ok guys. Stupid question. I was building my Cyclone last night and I noticed I have a 2.5 deg block for the front suspention. This would give the front 2.5 deg of toe out which should make the car more aggressive. Correct? Do most of you run this setup? Also does HB make the toe blocks in blue?
Thanks!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:37 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by protc3
wow,

i would send the oneway pulley back and get a new one.that really sucks bro.however,after every race day i do regrease the oneway bearings in the pulley and front oneway.they run too free when they are not greased and lose that nice stable feeling.i use the black grease that came in the kit.it keeps them having some resistance and makes the car real smoothe like the day you bought it.
Thanks for the advice man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.