HB
Tech Apprentice

Why do Hara and Surikan
use the Rear belt tensioner set?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-zombies
Hara Edition Cyclone at the DHI race over the weekend...

unfortunately Hara and Surikarn did not do too well and not make the A mains.

Is that really the Hara edition? How come the only diffrence i can spot is the color? I thought there was a revision on the left hand side rear bulkhead. When is this car expected to come out?
Old 01-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Tech Adept

Default Hara version

Hi all,

I'm asking myself if this Hara version is nothing else then a couple of color alu parts. It seams that nobody knows exactly when and what.

PS: Are some good RC shops is San Francisco area (I'll be going there this may) Here in Holland they don't even sell Cyclones.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:57 AM
Tech Addict

As stated in an earlier post in this thread, the Hara and Surikarn Editions will come with quite a few new parts compared to the standard Cyclone. Perhaps the car in the pic isn't a Hara edition and merely just a purple Cyclone, but the proper Hara edition will have the updated parts.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Skill
As stated in an earlier post in this thread, the Hara and Surikarn Editions will come with quite a few new parts compared to the standard Cyclone. Perhaps the car in the pic isn't a Hara edition and merely just a purple Cyclone, but the proper Hara edition will have the updated parts.

What are the new parts ? What is your connection with Hot Bodies/Cyclone ?
Thanks.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rder=0&thold=0

Some info on the new version.
Old 01-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

According to that site its going to include a SPOOL do you guys think it will come with a one way also?

Any of you guys experience tweak issues with the current cyclone? What is the best way to rectify the problem? I dont hit much things but when i clip the a curve or encounter a light tap the car would steer more onway than the other and will no longer run straight.
Old 01-28-2006, 02:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

A blue Cyclone........no we're talking!
Old 01-28-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FUK_WRX
According to that site its going to include a SPOOL do you guys think it will come with a one way also?

Any of you guys experience tweak issues with the current cyclone? What is the best way to rectify the problem? I dont hit much things but when i clip the a curve or encounter a light tap the car would steer more onway than the other and will no longer run straight.
It will probably still have a oneway in the package in addition to the spool.
Old 01-29-2006, 12:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jag88
What are the new parts ? What is your connection with Hot Bodies/Cyclone ?
Thanks.
I have no connection with HB, other than that I use their car, but I'm pretty sure that they won't bring out the new editions without the extra parts stated on the link to RC Zone.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpoint
PS: Are some good RC shops is San Francisco area (I'll be going there this may) Here in Holland they don't even sell Cyclones.
There is one that I know of in SF and it's called Franciscan Hobbies off of San Jose (street?) I haven't been there for years. But, if you talk about the San Francisco "Bay Area", there are many if you are renting a car.

In Daily City(boarder of San Francisco and Daily City)there is RCTECH.
www.rctechonline.com 1-866-562-7600
618 Sullivan Avenue
Suite 105
Daly City, CA 94015
Sun 11-4pm
Mon-Fri 11-7pm
Sat 11-6pm

Then down highway 101 south, you can hit All Speed Hobbies.
All Speed Hobbies 205 Broadway Avenue Millbrae CA 94030 Tel: (650) 692-6180
Fax: (650)692-6270. Business Hours Monday-Saturday 11:00AM-7:00PM

Than back on 101 south again and you'll hit: Ace Hobbies(Ace Hardware Hobbie) www.acehardwarehobbies.com
Phone: 1-800-383-2657
Fax: 1-650-632-4059
Address: 1160 Industrial Rd Suite 5, San Carlos CA 94070
Store Hours: Monday Thru Friday 10-5, Saturday 10-3

There are more but you can ask while you go. Good luck and have fun! BTW, there are many races during the weekend in the San Francisco Bay Area.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:42 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Ran the Cyclone on super hig traction indoor asphalt yesturday. Wow the car is awesome and ran just like I hoped it would. I started with the base setup in the book and it pushed like a snow plow. I went one softer front spring from Rayspeed (4 white springs 17 lbs) and layed all the shocks in to where Hara seems to run them most of the time and changed to 2 degree rear toe block and then the car came around and was super fast. Corner speed was excellent. I just need to try my 1.5 rear toe block and see if I can find a 1 degree rear block and I think I will be set. Are track has major traction I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only problem was like many the front alum bones bent really easily thats for sure. Man I hit 4 times harder with my TC4 and never bent a bone. I was driving pretty carefully since I didn't have many extra parts with me. I will be ordering more today and next week before I race again.

I can say I made the right choice with this car!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the money in my opinion. Car worked out of the box with only using after market springs and no other additional parts. Car is complete out of the box. Everyone changes springs. I didn't get to mess with sways yet but the car has a full set so I will in time.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Ran the Cyclone on super hig traction indoor asphalt yesturday. Wow the car is awesome and ran just like I hoped it would. I started with the base setup in the book and it pushed like a snow plow. I went one softer front spring from Rayspeed (4 white springs 17 lbs) and layed all the shocks in to where Hara seems to run them most of the time and changed to 2 degree rear toe block and then the car came around and was super fast. Corner speed was excellent. I just need to try my 1.5 rear toe block and see if I can find a 1 degree rear block and I think I will be set. Are track has major traction I tell you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only problem was like many the front alum bones bent really easily thats for sure. Man I hit 4 times harder with my TC4 and never bent a bone. I was driving pretty carefully since I didn't have many extra parts with me. I will be ordering more today and next week before I race again.

I can say I made the right choice with this car!!!!!!!!!!!! Well worth the money in my opinion. Car worked out of the box with only using after market springs and no other additional parts. Car is complete out of the box. Everyone changes springs. I didn't get to mess with sways yet but the car has a full set so I will in time.
Hopefully I will get to see the car in action in a couple of weeks.
Old 01-29-2006, 07:55 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SRW141
Hopefully I will get to see the car in action in a couple of weeks.
2nd weekend in Feb I will be back.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

What spur do you guys run for 27t/19t?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.