Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What does the Xenon look like?
Old 02-24-2005, 11:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hugo
What does the Xenon look like?
Xenon drivers use Tamiya chassis now instead of the Barracuda, it's a pity they didn't make their own chassis (with Team MuchMore)
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-mm1.jpg  
Old 02-24-2005, 11:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

No respect Frank...

Damn PW, so all the chassis were sold out, and you guys did not get any stateside ?
Old 02-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Frank,

Any idea if Mirage will be bringing this car into the UK? I hope so.

I think i saw you last sunday at Don Valley? Hope to see more of this car asap.

thanks
Old 02-24-2005, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Thad Garner
Give me break!
Read DJG24's post.

sosidge,
Interesting theory...
okay I cad except that no problem hara works for HB and would run their car if they had one so now they have sooo that means he doesnt run for HPI?? Or just when the moon is full JK
Old 02-24-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by k_bojar
I know Horizon Hobbies (owner of Losi) carries AE, Tamiya, HPI and HB...does that mean they are all owned by the same people???
Horizon are dealers for the AE, Tamiya, HPI stuff, not true distributors. I'm no expert, but I doubt any US shops with any sense would source these products from Horizon when they are available from AE, Tamiya USA and HPI USA direct.

For me, distribution is the "top level" of the supply chain in any country.
Old 02-24-2005, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

Horizon isn't a 'dealer' they are a distributor. Your local hobby shop would be the dealer. Horizon is 'top' level supply chain. They carry 1000+ different manufacturer's products. If you're a LHS you order from Horizon, getting all the parts through them, instead of contacting 100 different manufacturers directly. Last I checked, Tamiya and AE won't sell to hobby stores direct?
Old 02-24-2005, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by razzo
Horizon isn't a 'dealer' they are a distributor. Your local hobby shop would be the dealer. Horizon is 'top' level supply chain. They carry 1000+ different manufacturer's products. If you're a LHS you order from Horizon, getting all the parts through them, instead of contacting 100 different manufacturers directly. Last I checked, Tamiya and AE won't sell to hobby stores direct?
this is true, and if you wanted to distribute products straight from the manufacture it would require a large minimum order... i believe ae requires at least a $10,000 order...
Old 02-25-2005, 01:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Sleighty
Hey Frank,

Any idea if Mirage will be bringing this car into the UK? I hope so.

I think i saw you last sunday at Don Valley? Hope to see more of this car asap.

thanks
Yep, if we put it on the site it's certainly coming to the UK
Old 02-25-2005, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Frank
Any idea how close this is to production? I'm about to get a new car ... and this looks niiiiiiiice.

Also, would I be right in assuming its likely to be in the UK HPI/Xray price range? Or are details like that not known yet?

Thanks
Old 02-25-2005, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rovic
this is true, and if you wanted to distribute products straight from the manufacture it would require a large minimum order... i believe ae requires at least a $10,000 order...
Seems the US model is different to the UK - here HPI Europe supply the shops direct, whatever the order.

Even so, Horizon wouldn't actually ship the HPI stuff into the country.

Anyway, enough of that!
Old 02-25-2005, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Frank McKinney
http://www.mirageracing.com/news.php?article=128

Tim - to answer your question about the Pro 4 belt concept, that was strictly a one-off, the designers of the HB car I'm sure had no access to Myrberg's car.
Iīm sure they have! We sended all prototypes back to HPI ( except for one, resting next to me here...)
But Iīm sure they did not care at all actually. They know themself, and these days, there are plenty of cars to look at

As far as I remember, Hara, Surikarn and Miura ( all 3 in A at the worlds in S.Africa ) are employees of Hot Bodies, and I think they can run whatever they like to, but are payed on contract to drive HPI cars, from HPI. Well, perhaps not Miura, who seems to take his driving career not so seriously these days....
As there is the same owner, I guess it was not so difficult for them to try this car out, but I doubt HPI are happy.....
But perhaps there contract with HPI are up to date soon?
Murai and Yoshioka, they are empoyees of HPI Japan, and Andy Moore works for HPI Europe.

I make some sense to call this one HB, as I cannot figure out why HB pay these drivers if they donīt have any product?.....
Old 02-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Tech Addict

I thought Hara and Miura (and also Yukjirro Umino, who's now driving for Tech Racing) signed to Hot Bodies when the Pro-3 was around.
Hot Bodies had A lot of aftermarket parts for that car, and most of the parts (if not all) were used by them.
So I guess that's why they're still working for Hot Bodies.
And maybe Hot Bodies were already thinking of making there own tourer, but the man in charge said they shouldn't (because of the pro-4) untill now, since everyone seems to have more than one tourer.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tekin
I thought Hara and Miura (and also Yukjirro Umino, who's now driving for Tech Racing) signed to Hot Bodies when the Pro-3 was around.
Hot Bodies had A lot of aftermarket parts for that car, and most of the parts (if not all) were used by them.
So I guess that's why they're still working for Hot Bodies.
And maybe Hot Bodies were already thinking of making there own tourer, but the man in charge said they shouldn't (because of the pro-4) untill now, since everyone seems to have more than one tourer.
Umino is working for Yokomo since last year. He was at Tech before that. At the worlds, he was Masamis mechanic.
A realy nice guy. Clever also.

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 02-26-2005 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2005, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Yep... Now you say that, I already knew that, just wasn't thinking about it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.