Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
Anyone please??? Don't tell me nothing new besides the DCJ's...

thanks!

Paul
Can't remember if you were around when we released our lipo bulkhead and top deck option. We also released some aluminum rear hub carriers in 0 deg (same as plastic ones) and 1 deg for further tuning options. HB also released a new body, a Subaru Impreza. It's a very good body that feels like a cross between a mazda 6 and a mazdaspeed 6. DCJ's seem to be the most popular of all those new option parts though.

-Korey
Old 10-08-2009, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Huh what??? ME??? lol

When and where is it?

-Korey

Carpet Nats: March (exact date TBA)
"The TRACK"
Gaithersburg, MD.

Last edited by RCFREAK; 10-08-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

64mm is what I usually run mine at.
how does this come into play? mine seem to always be compressed from full extension by droop.
Old 10-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by balistic
how does this come into play? mine seem to always be compressed from full extension by droop.
Changing the overall shock length will change the position of the piston inside the shock body. A longer shock (eyelet turned out more) will result in the piston being raised higher toward the bladder during compression. A shorter shock (eyelet turned in more) will lower the position of the piston.

Now if this makes any real noticeable difference in "pack/dampening" I don't know.
Old 10-08-2009, 06:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can't remember if you were around when we released our lipo bulkhead and top deck option. We also released some aluminum rear hub carriers in 0 deg (same as plastic ones) and 1 deg for further tuning options. HB also released a new body, a Subaru Impreza. It's a very good body that feels like a cross between a mazda 6 and a mazdaspeed 6. DCJ's seem to be the most popular of all those new option parts though.

-Korey

Korey, would you have part numbers for the hub carriers ?

Also, I have two steel CVD axles assemblies. They are black and the axle piece has the cup and the dog bone has the slotted ball. I believe they came with my first black Cyclone or were an option for it. How many steel cvds has the cyclone had ? Do you have any part numbers for the black cvds ? What do you use ?

Thanks for your time.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jag88
Korey, would you have part numbers for the hub carriers ?

Also, I have two steel CVD axles assemblies. They are black and the axle piece has the cup and the dog bone has the slotted ball. I believe they came with my first black Cyclone or were an option for it. How many steel cvds has the cyclone had ? Do you have any part numbers for the black cvds ? What do you use ?

Thanks for your time.
Aluminum rear hub carriers (0 deg) - 67697
Aluminum rear hub carriers (1 deg) - 67696
Aluminum front spindles (have a new hole for more ackerman adjustment) - 67698

I use the Purple MIP CVD's up front usually. In the rear I use the purple ver 2 aluminum universals.

As far as I know... I think there were 2 different steel universals. One that followed the design of the ver 1 universals (smaller joint) and the ver 2 with a larger joint. I could be wrong about this though, I'll ask Hiro if he can pop on and answer for us.

-Korey
Old 10-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Korey,
Thank you for all of the info. I am a New Cyclone Owner. I have been spending a lot of time re-reading all of the past posts. What is your input on the Cyclone on the rug?
Dave
Old 10-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Adept

As far as I know... I think there were 2 different steel universals. One that followed the design of the ver 1 universals (smaller joint) and the ver 2 with a larger joint. I could be wrong about this though, I'll ask Hiro if he can pop on and answer for us.

-Korey
http://www.hotbodiesonline.com/searc...=61043&lang=en

Old 10-08-2009, 08:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dragracer72nova
Korey,
Thank you for all of the info. I am a New Cyclone Owner. I have been spending a lot of time re-reading all of the past posts. What is your input on the Cyclone on the rug?
Dave
Its been pretty good for me. If your track is smooth, Andy Moore's 2008 IIC setup is pretty dang good.

-Korey
Old 10-08-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Its been pretty good for me. If your track is smooth, Andy Moore's 2008 IIC setup is pretty dang good.

-Korey
Go to bed.... Did you take a look at the set up changes I made to your set up? Man that was a fun race.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Psh... I'll probably be up till 3AM reading a history book... I saw the changes and they make sense. I'm glad they worked out for ya!

-Korey
Old 10-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

korey - what's the results of using the non-TC shock towers on a TC chassis?
Old 10-08-2009, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShaunMac
Changing the overall shock length will change the position of the piston inside the shock body. A longer shock (eyelet turned out more) will result in the piston being raised higher toward the bladder during compression. A shorter shock (eyelet turned in more) will lower the position of the piston.

Now if this makes any real noticeable difference in "pack/dampening" I don't know.
It's hearing things like that that make me want to stay in off road! these cars are just too complicated. Maybe with more time i will get to stuff like that but for now a good heat is when I didn't hit the boards.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k_bojar
korey - what's the results of using the non-TC shock towers on a TC chassis?
It will raise the upper shock mounting locations... And change where the piston is in the shock basically. It will bring the piston lower into the shock. Personally... I have not messed with this much. I've always run the TC kit almost just as if it came out of the box. Plus you wont be able to slam your bodies as much!

Ballistic - Dont worry about it man. I just use 64mm because thats what Hara and Andy usually always start with. As far as I know, they almost never mess with it much anymore.

-Korey
Old 10-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

-Korey

Korey

thanks. Lipo bulkhead not needed as I've dremeled the stock one years ago already. Top deck, bah... Alum suspension parts I leave to noobs hop up'ing TT01's, and I still have a few bodies (M6, M6speed, Strat3) that need to be thrashed before they're trashed... DCJ's look yumyum but they aren't cheap and I still have a stock of CVD's....

Which means I'm good to go woo-hoo!!!!

Thanks for the input,

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.