Wiki Posts
Search

2005 International Indoor Championships @ Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rayhuang
Call me crazy Keith-but why would you be looking forard to a payng an attorney and fighting a court battle while your wife is pregnant, in school and your enemployed? Persoanlly-I'd be $hitting bricks!!!

Paying an attorney? Wife gets representation for free through the lawschool. If I am not also covered, we will include the cost in the law suit.

Also, im sure just contacting the department of labor will do plently. I doubt Ill need an attorney once they find out the things going on with that company. There are several other employees who I have talked out of quitting over the time /vs. pay crap.

Im not going to lie, i wasnt thrilled with the situation, but I liked the job and my Co workers so I put up with it.

i am really only interested in getting my bosses fired for forced overtime without pay. I couldnt really care less about the back pay.. although 5-6 months of over time back pay would probably be quite a bit..

we will see.

$hitting bricks... ahh.. cmon Ray, you know how laid back i am.. "somthin will come up" to quote Jake Taylor- Major League.

I called Josh to see about filling in at Halo as he is rediculously busy with his kid and his Kyosho stuff and cannot open the shop but a couple days a week... perhaps that will buy food for the time being.. LOL..

Keef
Old 09-27-2005, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
Well its like this=

I gave him 2 days notice that I was comming to vegas. Not the biggest of deals as he owed me friday and sunday off anyways.. Did they have a right to fire me? Maybe. Ethically? No way.
Depending on the company policy and number of employees, you should have at least been given a warning and there should be a notice of termination.

Regardless if your notice was verbal and not written it is still considered binding.

Also-- ask for a raise when they hire you back.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by lem2
Depending on the company policy and number of employees, you should have at least been given a warning and there should be a notice of termination.

Regardless if your notice was verbal and not written it is still considered binding.

Also-- ask for a raise when they hire you back.

This is what i figured. Would they fire me, prolly not.. suspended.. maybe... $hit on for a month with bad jobs and basically being the office Bitch.. definately.

apparently I was WAY OFF... Ill have the last laugh.. I always do. Its not breaking my heart.. although I was just getting caught up on bills from the 8 months I was unemployed when i moved here...

anyone want to buy a late model 3 series? 53k mils, 19" CSL wheels.. its HOT!!!

Keef
Old 09-27-2005, 09:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

I know I had a GREAT time at both the race and coming to Vegas for the first time. Ahh... the slots were good to me. hit one slot for $750 bucks. Too bad the luck didn't continue on in my qualifiers... didn't finish one! ha ha ha ha. oh well, a win in the D main 12th stock helped end on a high note.

Just want to say thanks to Scotty and the whole crew for having great coverage and an awesomely run race!!!! Can't wait to do it again!!

Congrats to all of the racers that came from my hometrack, CRC Raceway here in Rome NY.... Frank Jr, Mark, Brian, Jeff, Joel, and McMoney for doing a great and also for all the other racers who support CRC!!

Also, a VERY BIG congrats going out to Brian (Dumper)Wynn and his NEW BRIDE MANDY! IT was quite an experience to be in Vegas for a race, and be able to attend the wedding VIA Vegas style complete with Elvis! Go to Vegas to race and get married, what a great thing!!

So thanks again to everyone for a great race, and to everyone that helped me out there! See ya'll in Cleveland!!!!

Pictures of the CRC guys and of the Elvis wedding to be posted soon at www.teamcrc.com in the forum. Be sure to check them out later in the week when I feel my jet lag has gone away.....

~Kelly Larkin
Old 09-27-2005, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default The Best Race Ever!

For anyone who didn't go to Vegas, y'all missed out. Scotty and the entire IIC crew did a superb go running the event. Everything went super smooth, was on time, ect. Scotty had set a new standard for how a large scale event is suppose to be run. Till next year...
Old 09-27-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
This is what i figured. Would they fire me, prolly not.. suspended.. maybe... $hit on for a month with bad jobs and basically being the office Bitch.. definately.

apparently I was WAY OFF... Ill have the last laugh.. I always do. Its not breaking my heart.. although I was just getting caught up on bills from the 8 months I was unemployed when i moved here...

anyone want to buy a late model 3 series? 53k mils, 19" CSL wheels.. its HOT!!!

Keef

Keith:

Sorry to hear about the job. I guess the biggest question is if you are an exempt or non-exempt employee (hourly wage vs salary). Some companies pay overtime as a sort of bonus, but their employees are still salaried from a legal perspective. It sounds like you are a non-exempt/hourly guy, and that will be absolutely huge leverage in your fight. Best of luck in your battle!
Old 09-27-2005, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Does anyone know when the final A mains will be posted with the sponsor information?
Old 09-27-2005, 10:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

To Scotty, Boomer, Charlie and the rest of the IIC crew: you guys did a superb job. I cannot even begin to compare this to other R/C events as this race was above and beyond any other on the schedule.

The announcing, timing, track prep, etc. was phenomenal.

All I can say is, 'Can't wait 'til next year!'
Old 09-27-2005, 10:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default keith

Hey Keith,

Really sorry to hear about that! Like you said you are easy going and somthing will come up!

Martin
Old 09-27-2005, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Martin Crisp
Hey Keith,

Really sorry to hear about that! Like you said you are easy going and somthing will come up!

Martin

Thanks homee,

you know you did so well because of my pre race hand shake

KB
Old 09-27-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Regular

Default Fired!

Depends on what state you live in - if the state is "at will" employment, they can fire you cuz they don't like your tie.

You called in sick and weren't sick - that's fraud and they can fire you for that and it will stick - courts support employers not employees - been there done that.

Instead of fighting it - move on........Karma is telling you that you don't belong there - Karma gave you a new baby, so there's a loss and a bigger gain in your life.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up IIC Race in Vegas

I just got back from Vegas and all I can say is Scotty Ernst is a true "RC racing visionary!" If you were there you'd find it hard to believe that this event was a first time effort. It ran so smoothly - without even a hiccup.
Kudos and thankyou's to you Scotty, your wife and entire team for all the hard work and the display of professionalism. Your attention to detail was amazing - from the odorless traction compound rule - to the winner's podium champagne showers. I enjoyed the event immensely and look forward to next year.

I 've got to take a moment to acknowledge my friend and fellow Canadian - Martin Crisp. Wow. You were impressive! Mixin' it up with the best racers in the world in Mod/Rubber and finishing 4th, then a TQ and run-away Win in 19T/Rubber. At-a-boy Martin! - EH!

See you all at IIC 2006.

Sincerely - Dale Epp - PROTOform Race Bodies

Last edited by daleepp; 09-27-2005 at 12:53 PM.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Your point about the "at will" aspect is correct.

However, he said he didn't call in sick.

Rob
Old 09-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

hey guy's is there a link where i can see the final standings please
cheers TCCFM
Old 09-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Trakside Trucke
hey guy's is there a link where i can see the final standings please
cheers TCCFM
Sorry i meant the Las Vegas meet

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.