Wiki Posts
Search

USVTA Woes

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Speed Passion blowing out Cirtix Stock Club ESCs for $46....

http://www.speedpassion.net/shop/det...?p=12280&c=ESC
I wonder if that means the Reventions are ready to ship. Hope they dont discontinue the Citrix.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a VTA car but never got to race it since the local track closed. It was so simple back then. 4 cells and a 27T motor. But I still like watching them cause they look so cool on the track.

Maybe if we painted half nekkid anime hotties on the track nobody would even care what ESC they were running.
Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trytowin
I'm waiting for this thread to morph into the "batteries, wings, tires, etc ..." discussion. THATS when things really get interesting !!
You know if you put slotcar air dams on them they would turn better!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Any chance we could close this thread and get back to the normal one ??
Old 06-14-2012, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Because you dont want people to find out what rc car racing is really about? A bunch of old grown men crying and whining? Or would you rather someone spends 500-600$ to find that out?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
Because you dont want people to find out what rc car racing is really about? A bunch of old grown men crying and whining? Or would you rather someone spends 500-600$ to find that out?
1) I would rather someone spends $500 to find out. A friggin set of golf clubs is more.
2) I would be more concerned if people didn't disagree. We've all been around conversations much more heated about Ford v. Chevy etc. Yes, just like full size racing scale racing has disagreements that get heated. You know what sport people don't argue about -- curling, so if you can't defend your opinions go take up curling
3) Can someone tell me a better place than an internet forum to discuss this stuff?? I think it's much better to air our grievances here than say, an argument in the pits.

There is nothing more American or more democratic than a good argument, and for any of you who have wandered through this thread with the can't we all just get along sentiments, go save the whales or something dirty hippies.

(No dirty hippies were harmed in the writing of this post)
Old 06-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Irritating or not, there are people putting their motors on the dyno and swapping rotors and stators (legal bits) to get the best one. The amount of variance in out of package Novak motors is horrendous. It is probably true with most manufacturers though.
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
So what you're saying is that, no other motor maker has a wide variance in their motors? I would tend to disagree with that.
What I am saying is maybe you should read the entire thread before trying to call me out on one post on page 16... The point remains, if you can have a 7k+ variance in RPM and 500+ in KV, I would like to see another motor option, or have Novak work on their quality control.

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
And yes I do drive for them.
It is obvious. But either way, I can dislike Novak quality in the same way I dislike Tekin quality. That's the cool thing, everyone can believe exactly what they want to. As you did not read the rest of the thread, I also complimented their customer service and mentioned that I have not personally had a Novak failure, but I have seen more then my share of them.

Actually Nolan ,telling someone that if the program isn't right for them they should consider a different class is probably the best thing to do. After 17 pages of "VTA Woes" do you really think a newbie reading this would be encouraged ?? More importantly the arguments seem to be going nowhere. Very little discussed is related directly to the class or it's rules. The arguments seem to be aimed at manufacturers who won't produce electronics that meet the need, general comments regarding attitudes as seen by an extremely small number of people, possible situations that can't be backed up with statistics regarding the quality of Novak electronics, and a generally negative attitude towards some individuals who've given a substantial effort toward the betterment of this class.
So tell me....after 17 pages.....just what has been accomplished other than a highly visible washing of our dirty laundry to every reader of this forum world wide ??
I agree, it is best that we take anyone's discussions with different ideas and get rid of them.

I can tell you that things have been accomplished, even though you do not see it. For me personally, I had no idea that Myron and Robk were looking at any other options for ESC's. Now I know different. In talking with Myron last night, I also now know that Novak will continue to be the only motor. I dislike it, but I understand why. I also know several people not to ever ask help from, have noted the names of several people with massive egos and no intentions to help or better the RC or USVTA community, and I am responsible for chuck norris references hanging at Thunder RC.

I will also point out that I have participated in 2 USVTA races since this thread started, while many of the commentators in this thread do not, and have not ever raced VTA. A second set of my VTA tires are on another persons car so that he could race last night (he beat me with them too), as well as other lent out parts like pinions and drivers figures. We started a "nationals" class for people at our track wanting to go to the Southern Nats, to be 100% within the rules (including things like ride height, timing adjustment, etc) to support USVTA. Tell me again who is supporting the class?

I dislike Novak products, but I like VTA more then that dislike. I got the opportunity to get squashed by Myron again last night, and had fun just like the last time. I did feel a tingly sensation when I was gridding his USGT car. Must be the Chuck Norris inserts...
Old 06-14-2012, 06:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kikcaffine
If they spend the 500-600 they are pretty close to being locked in. Then they should give racing or practice a try. So i'm gonna go with watching someone spend the money and joining us at any track.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
If they spend the 500-600 they are pretty close to being locked in. Then they should give racing or practice a try. So i'm gonna go with watching someone spend the money and joining us at any track.
Ignore kik, he is a troublemaker and drives a FWD USGT, so you KNOW he is off his rocker.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by orcadigital
Ignore kik, he is a troublemaker and drives a FWD USGT, so you KNOW he is off his rocker.
Yea yea yea.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Tantrums are no more exclusive to the VTA threads than Variances in quality would be exclusive to Novak.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Well, I think we've all gotten to a good place, and I'm feeling warm and fuzzy too

I also have parts on loan to noobs to grow the VTA
Old 06-14-2012, 07:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
I wonder if that means the Reventions are ready to ship. Hope they dont discontinue the Citrix.
Reventon Stock club race are somewhere middle of the ocean....

Cirtix Stock Club race will NOT be discontinued...our plan is going to make that ESC run thru the entire year of 2013, that is a good 1.5 year away.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Adamska27
Well, I think we've all gotten to a good place, and I'm feeling warm and fuzzy too

I also have parts on loan to noobs to grow the VTA
Yeah, sadly I am loaning parts to the non noobs. I have parts on the 2nd and 3rd place cars from last night, while I finished 4th. I am doing something wrong...
Old 06-14-2012, 07:38 AM
Tech Adept

I want to personally thank Darkside for his visit and our long talk into the wee morning hours. As always his pesence is welcomed. We'll see you soon, and maybe even in VTA trim....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.