Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Paint Contest Vote >

Paint Contest Vote

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite paintjob!!
Contestant #1
5.08%
Contestant #14
16.10%
Contestant #17
9.32%
Contestant #21
2.54%
Contestant #22
11.86%
Contestant #23
11.86%
Contestant #26
15.25%
Contestant #2
12.71%
Contestant #6
3.39%
Contestant #7
11.86%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Paint Contest Vote

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 10:57 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I can't really say what the future will bring, but i would love to do another contest. We will see what the future brings, and go from there.

I love paint contests, they always bring out new ideas. I know i always have an eye for cool paint schemes, on the track, on the internet.

I honestly have a folder of saved images from the internet, of different schemes. Many of them, there may be only one thing I like about the body, but it is a new idea, that i have never tried, so it was saved.

-Troy
Old 07-20-2002, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

I think Flame has a good point in that the moderators should in the future pick the winners... I personally was surprised that it was a poll. But in looking at the 1st post concerning the contest it was clear was, I need to read things better.

F1-Fanatic
Old 07-20-2002, 07:06 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I guess we live and learn. As STLNLST pointed out, we didn't think that anybody would need to stoop as low as cheating to try and win a small contest like this. It was meant to be fun, to see some new ideas and to get people involved in the forums.

There *will* be another contest in the future and things will be run differently. I would still like to take votes from the members, but it will be done differently. What I will probably do is provide a link that people can click on to send me their vote, and I can personally enter it in the system.

Also, I don't think it is prudent to have the "standings" displayed publicly during the voting process, since it encourages people to bend the rules a bit ("oh man, I only need that one more vote..."). It is a lot better to just announce the results without numbers attached.

Sorry for the confusion guys, I should have seen something like this coming and prepared for it in advance. I thank all of the participants and hope that you guys will come back for another round sometime soon.
Old 07-20-2002, 07:10 PM
Tech Adept

Well said Futureal. When will things be hashed out and official results posted concerning the contest? Also will there/could there be different classes for submissions like 1/10th on-road electric, 1/10th on-road Nitro, etc.... ?

F1-Fanatic

Last edited by F1-Fanatic; 07-20-2002 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-21-2002, 08:34 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

#14 dude..can you please email me for your info so i can send you your Prize(s) and all that good stuff.

THANKYOU ALL for your participation in the contest! Special thanx to futurereal,TSR6, and KT Hobbies for helping out..you guys rock!!!

We all learned from this..and if the same great guys are willing, i would do it again...but ofcoarse..with a few changes.

Lest go back and enjoy our paintjobs...it's what i look forward to as soon as i get home from school. I'll see you guys on here!!!!

charlie b
htt://socal.rcracing.com
Old 07-22-2002, 04:43 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks to all that particaped and ran the event. It was great to see all the photo's and what people did. I saved a few photo's of the ones I liked and went on. Congrats to the winner and all who entered.

John
Old 07-22-2002, 01:14 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks John
Old 07-22-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congrats to whoever won the paint contest. I have entered other paint contests in the past and there are always flaws. Whether you have a set number of judges or have a vote, someone will always go away feeling burned. I would hope and encourage rctech to do another paint contest in whatever format you decide to do it. There are alot of us out there that are just looking for some 'pats' on the back for the long hours of cutting and spraying that goes into some of the killer bodies you see out there, and could care less if we win a free body. Thats just more work So from one painter to the next, nice job guys and i hope to see more great bodies out of other rctech'ers in the future.....and remember, who cares if you finish first, as long as you look better than the guy that did. later
Old 07-22-2002, 04:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks for the update F1 I kinda rememberd the picture and that he posted something about it but I guess my memory of what I read is wrong.

This whole painting contest was a very good idea just a few tried to bend the rules in their favor. I would like to see another contest done but have outsides judges like some of the guys who paint bodies professionally IE Charlie B, SkipGear and Bigg Dogg Racing they all are one the site and Im sure that there are others too but they are all I can think of. That would be something to think about.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

How do we see the bodies again? Since I voted, they don't come up for me and I would like a refreasher on the paint jobs...
Old 07-30-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

...never mind, I found the link
Old 07-31-2002, 01:35 PM
Tech Regular

If you guys do another contest, I noticed that you shouldnt have it to where other members can post in the poll. This just influences other members to vote for that persons body (let people make up their own minds, not others). I know that the posts influenced my voting.

Maybe, you could have the people submitting the body show pictures of them painting it, a video would be too long. Or you can have people send the bodies into the person running it.

Last edited by Evil_S10; 07-31-2002 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Default i vote for 14

i pic number 14 that is a bad ass paint job would u paint me one like that email me at with a price thangks

[email protected]