Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
XXX-S gearing recommendations >

XXX-S gearing recommendations

XXX-S gearing recommendations

Old 10-05-2002, 06:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default XXX-S gearing recommendations

Hello, ordering as XXX-S and I need some gearing recommendations. The car will be pretty much box stock using Orion/Sanyo 3000s and a couple of motor combos. One will be the 24* P2K2 from Trinity, an Orion 24* Core rebuildable, and a Peak Carrera 14 double (max rated wind for my GM V4R).

I'm a Marine out in Saudi Arabia so I need some help, anything that I buy has to be ordered and if I'm lucky only takes 2 weeks to get here, lol. I have a nice hardened allen wrench that worked with my Losi pinions on the XX, cant remember what size that was any more but are Losis pinions for this car the same size (maybe even the same 48p pinions?). Thanks for any help you can lend.
Old 10-05-2002, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

Oh, the batteries are the VMax line, though I doubt that makes much of a difference really.

I noticed that most companies make motors for touring and then there regular line. What are the differences between the two?
Old 10-05-2002, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: XXX-S gearing recommendations

Originally posted by madweazl
Hello, ordering as XXX-S and I need some gearing recommendations. The car will be pretty much box stock using Orion/Sanyo 3000s and a couple of motor combos. One will be the 24* P2K2 from Trinity, an Orion 24* Core rebuildable, and a Peak Carrera 14 double (max rated wind for my GM V4R).

I'm a Marine out in Saudi Arabia so I need some help, anything that I buy has to be ordered and if I'm lucky only takes 2 weeks to get here, lol. I have a nice hardened allen wrench that worked with my Losi pinions on the XX, cant remember what size that was any more but are Losis pinions for this car the same size (maybe even the same 48p pinions?). Thanks for any help you can lend.
here's what gearing works for me using those mototrs on a mid sized track. Asuming that you have the 88 spur (greenish yellow color) gear the P2K2 at 23/88 or 22/88 and the Orion Core at 24/88 or 23/88 I'm still playing around with the Orion can so if you find a better gearing please share the info. If there's any other XXX-S related questions visit the XXX-S thread already started on this board. Good luck and happy racing.
Old 10-05-2002, 12:13 PM
Tech Elite

Thank you, I'm doing my best to weed through the 1300+ posts in that thread (up to about 130 now I think) but I will be placing the order on Monday so some questions will just have to be answered here if I cant find them in there. Dont mean to make you guys answer the same one twice but I'll be ordering in about 24 hours (all ready Sunday here).
Old 10-05-2002, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

ask the same question twice I don't give a care. So long as you get what you're looking for. If people are scared to ask in fear of it being a duplicate question then all of us would be in trouble....LOL I'm leaving to go race now but if you have any other questions private message them to me and I will answer them when I get home tonight and you should still be able to meet your 24hr deadline. It's 1:43pm my time right now. I plan on being back home around 11:30pm my time.
Old 10-06-2002, 09:39 PM
Tech Master

Madweazel, I ran a P2K2 stocker today with an overall gear ratio of 6.26(118/34) and it ran well. Track dimensions were 100'X50' and was very fast so I barely got off the throttle-Keep that front diff tight!