Search
Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Michael@USPN
Congrats to ARC for adding a great racer in Josh. I know he's a committed racer and will rep the brand in a great positive manner. Congrats to you too Josh, well deserved!
Thanks Bro!
Old 02-07-2014, 05:40 PM
Tech Regular

Does anybody know which shafts will fit the r10? so front and back. Front I would prefer double joints.
Mine are slightly bend and I've heard that (If I remember correctly) 3racing shafts would fit and are quite durable as well. Not sure if it was 3racing though and which part number.

Anyone using other swing shafts that would fit the ARC's outdrives?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Govert
Does anybody know which shafts will fit the r10? so front and back. Front I would prefer double joints.
Mine are slightly bend and I've heard that (If I remember correctly) 3racing shafts would fit and are quite durable as well. Not sure if it was 3racing though and which part number.

Anyone using other swing shafts that would fit the ARC's outdrives?

Thanks in advance.
Go to shopviiper.com! Front Double Jointed CVD (R109009)
Rear regular CVD 44mm (R109005) I haven't bent or broke any of mine ever! Great quality for sure! When I ran an xray I broke several and had to buy replacement grub screws and collars and fix them cuz they were so darn expensive to buy all new CVD's!
Old 02-09-2014, 11:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Go to shopviiper.com! Front Double Jointed CVD (R109009)
Rear regular CVD 44mm (R109005) I haven't bent or broke any of mine ever! Great quality for sure! When I ran an xray I broke several and had to buy replacement grub screws and collars and fix them cuz they were so darn expensive to buy all new CVD's!
Make Sure that if and when you do buy the ARC double Jointed shafts, you check the pin positions, make sure you fully dismantle the joints and grease them accordingly before running them. While reassembling the shafts assembly make sure that the pins are on the same axis. Out of the box or package the pins are not on the same axis which will causes binding.
Old 02-10-2014, 01:58 AM
Tech Regular

Below you all will find a setup that I recently used on medium grip carpet. I have attached the results along with setup and photos....enjoy! The car was unbelievable! This car really turned a lot of heads at the track.

Setup to follow..having trouble uploading file to big!
Attached Thumbnails Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-20140209_1314272.jpg  
Attached Files
Old 02-10-2014, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Make Sure that if and when you do buy the ARC double Jointed shafts, you check the pin positions, make sure you fully dismantle the joints and grease them accordingly before running them. While reassembling the shafts assembly make sure that the pins are on the same axis. Out of the box or package the pins are not on the same axis which will causes binding.
I haven't needed to disassemble mine and they have been working fine for almost a year now. When using associated black grease. Just squeeze inside joints and use a small piece of shrink tube to cover joint. Keeps it lubricated for a few race days. Or you can run dry with no worries.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Actually Sean is right. The ARC DCJs are built incorrectly from the factory. All of my shafts came with the pins crossed. All of them chattered until Sean told me about the problem. So I moved the pins so that they are on the same axis. Chatter eliminated! Thanks Sean! Good job this past weekend! First time with the new car. TQ and the win!
Old 02-10-2014, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

My DCJs are the same! Never thought to check it. Been running a car with very expensive yet wrongly built driveshafts for a year. Feel quite let down by ARC. The DCJs were smoother but obviously only because they were operating at a smaller angle.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sosidge
My DCJs are the same! Never thought to check it. Been running a car with very expensive yet wrongly built driveshafts for a year. Feel quite let down by ARC. The DCJs were smoother but obviously only because they were operating at a smaller angle.
Sosidge.....

I don't believe they were purposely built incorrect by ARC, I believe all manufacturers package them together with the understanding that you must disassemble to grease and lube before use, so the orientation of the pins out of the package should not be taken for granted. People are doing themselves an injustice if they are not disassembling any NEW DCJ's and greasing them before using. As far as I am aware there isn't one DCJ manufacturer that lubes there product before distribution.

Yes...the pins need to be re-installed on the same axis after lubing. Give it a try and follow up on the thread with your findings ok.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Sean Williams
Below you all will find a setup that I recently used on medium grip carpet. I have attached the results along with setup and photos....enjoy! The car was unbelievable! This car really turned a lot of heads at the track.

Setup to follow..having trouble uploading file to big!
My Setup!
Attached Thumbnails Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car-tqrc-13.5-expert-2-9-14.jpg  
Old 02-10-2014, 12:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Congrats on the success with the car Sean appreciate the good words!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 12:43 PM
Tech Champion

Ever since we have been involved with the car, no one has even commented that they had an issue with the DCJ's - not even the chatter.

I will send the info to ARC so they are aware of it.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM
Tech Champion

ARC has already responded and asked me to post this

"And we will fix all coming DJ CVD to make the pin at same axis to fix this problem, we sell lot DJ CVD, no one has this complain, but since they have a good suggestion we will follow it."

Thanks everyone -- making the product better, all the time!!!
Old 02-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys for answering the DJ CVD question and a good thing ARC is willing to listen to feedback.

Now one more thing; how do I change ackermann on the ARC? Because adding or removing shims on the steering plate doesn't seem to change ackermann.

Now, I noticed there are various steering plates available and also bell cranks in various sizes.
Could anybody explain me what these plates and cranks exactly do and what combination/setup will give you more and less ackermann?

Would like to reduce my ackermann settings.
Old 02-10-2014, 04:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just installed the floating motor mount, now my pinion does fit, the motor doesn't move far enough forward, and even it did, the pinion still hits the inside motor mount support.

I know a lot of people are using them so I'm assuming I did something wrong..

pics of your install please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.