Like Tree5Likes

Team Titan ARC R10 190mm EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by johnsen-dk
Hi

Know it'a a setup choice , but if you run split blocks rear , do you run cut inside or cut outside mostly?? . All summer I have run cut outside on asphalt

Thanks in advance
Cant remember where the cut is. I know that I'm using the #3 block in rear and my rear toe is 3*. Just make sure your rear toe is at 3*. If you move the split blocks the other way it changes the toe to 2.5* I believe and makes the track width wider. Narrow provides best rear traction for me!

When I had the topdeck screwed down to the layshaft I just used the back two screws on layshaft and the four on rear bulkheads!
Old 09-27-2013, 01:25 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Thanks chaps,
9 hours and and Counting
Old 09-27-2013, 10:48 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Well not a good start,
The first round of heats and the carpet never has any grip,but the ARC was awesome,but as the race went on became inconsistent ,second heat was worse,wondering all over the straight,turn into an apex and it swooped ends,then 2 or 3 amazing laps then back to looking like I couldn't drive,it got worse as the night went on,I couldn't even drive the car properly by the final,started 2nd but got clobbered on the straight and that snapped the rear arm,
Doing a bit of head scratching on the way home and as we had to set the end point up again while I was at the club,even after me doing it before I got to the meeting,got me thinking its got to be a duff servo not centring,
What it is,the person drilled some new holes for a floating servo mount,has gone to deep and made the holes to wide that the whole servo mount moves about 7or8 degrees then stays in that position,then goes back to centre,as the grip came up it did it more often to was why it got worse,
So I really can't wait for next week if I can get it sorted as I think it's going to be awesome
Old 09-28-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reg
Well not a good start,
The first round of heats and the carpet never has any grip,but the ARC was awesome,but as the race went on became inconsistent ,second heat was worse,wondering all over the straight,turn into an apex and it swooped ends,then 2 or 3 amazing laps then back to looking like I couldn't drive,it got worse as the night went on,I couldn't even drive the car properly by the final,started 2nd but got clobbered on the straight and that snapped the rear arm,
Doing a bit of head scratching on the way home and as we had to set the end point up again while I was at the club,even after me doing it before I got to the meeting,got me thinking its got to be a duff servo not centring,
What it is,the person drilled some new holes for a floating servo mount,has gone to deep and made the holes to wide that the whole servo mount moves about 7or8 degrees then stays in that position,then goes back to centre,as the grip came up it did it more often to was why it got worse,
So I really can't wait for next week if I can get it sorted as I think it's going to be awesome
Could be a first edition floating servo holder. They have a tendency to move when bumped. Well at least mine did. Second version (2013) holds up and will not move. Sorry about you race day but. At least you figured out the ARC has great potential!
Old 09-28-2013, 12:16 PM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
Could be a first edition floating servo holder. They have a tendency to move when bumped. Well at least mine did. Second version (2013) holds up and will not move. Sorry about you race day but. At least you figured out the ARC has great potential!
It's the screw voles,they are so big that the screw doesnt bed down onto the chassis,so the screws are tight but just moves in the hole,
They are sending me the original so I will just fit that as im sure it will be fine for club racing,
Yeah it was a bummer, but like you say I had a hint of just how amazing the car is going to be once sorted : )
Old 09-28-2013, 09:45 PM
Tech Elite

So another wonderful race day! I tq'd first round then got bumped off in second heat! So I qualified 4th and got 3rd in expert tc a-main. Our guys are tough to race and I feel privileged to actually make it in the top three. Second week in a row to hold the third spot in main. So consistency is there now its time to find the right tweaks for my track. Another guy has took the plunge and has purchased the 2013 version at my track. Was cool to help him get his car more dialed as the day went on. Lots of people coming over to check out my ride!
Old 09-28-2013, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

So another wonderful race day! I tq'd first round then got bumped off in second heat! So I qualified 4th and got 3rd in expert tc a-main. Our guys are tough to race and I feel privileged to actually make it in the top three. Second week in a row to hold the third spot in main. So consistency is there now its time to find the right tweaks for my track. Another guy has took the plunge and has purchased the 2013 version at my track. Was cool to help him get his car more dialed as the day went on. Lots of people coming over to check out my ride!
Who beat you?
Old 09-29-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by IIGQ4U
Who beat you?
Art. D
Joey. E
Old 09-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reg
It's the screw voles,they are so big that the screw doesnt bed down onto the chassis,so the screws are tight but just moves in the hole,
They are sending me the original so I will just fit that as im sure it will be fine for club racing,
Yeah it was a bummer, but like you say I had a hint of just how amazing the car is going to be once sorted : )
Just re reading this, make sure your not using strange screws, i know associated had screws that were not fully threaded up to the countersunk area. so the screw could be bottoming out in the alloy part without tightening against the chassis. Worst case try some of the kit countersunk screws from another part of the car.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:50 AM
reg
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Besercoe
Just re reading this, make sure your not using strange screws, i know associated had screws that were not fully threaded up to the countersunk area. so the screw could be bottoming out in the alloy part without tightening against the chassis. Worst case try some of the kit countersunk screws from another part of the car.
Thanks for the tip,
But it's defo the screw hole as its nearly as big as the screw head,
It's also like josh has said and is the V1,quite a difference in design to the V2,
Will I notice much difference swooping back to the std mount over the V1,
If I get on with the car(im sure i will)I will be getting the 2013 for Xmas so don't want to buy new parts.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by reg
Thanks for the tip,
It's also like josh has said and is the V1,quite a difference in design to the V2,
If I get on with the car(im sure i will)I will be getting the 2013 for Xmas so don't want to buy new parts.
Just get the 2013 version floating servo holder for this car. Then you will have two cars when you get the 2013 ARC! Easy!
Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Art. D
Joey. E
That's a very respectable third place I'd say.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reg
Thanks for the tip,
I would definitely run the original servo moint over a mount that moves. The performance difference will be minimal compared to a car that changes over a run. Personally I only ever ran with 1 screw hole used on the outer servo mount into the chassis.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

It's funny! Looking at the new 2014 xray they had to go through several changes just to get where the R10 2013 kit is now.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

It's funny! Looking at the new 2014 xray they had to go through several changes just to get where the R10 2013 kit is now.
many of them on Trf cars since last 5-6 years LOL
Who's done Low shock towers and short shocks first ? where that idea came from?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.