Wiki Posts
Search

Set up stations

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Set up stations

Does anyone have any video links on how to use a system correctly on a 10th scale on road rc?

Thanks Guys

Daryl
Old 03-26-2012, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Does anyone have any video links on how to use a system correctly on a 10th scale on road rc?

Thanks Guys

Daryl
There maybe one on youtube. What specific questions do you have/
Old 03-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
There maybe one on youtube. What specific questions do you have/
Just how to set toe, camber castor using the integy set up?....do i set up the front on the servo or off?
Old 03-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Just how to set toe, camber castor using the integy set up?....do i set up the front on the servo or off?

first, set your ride height with the tires on the car, then, take tires off and put setup station on car. Be sure to have all of your electronics and everything in the car and compress the suspension to get the car set at its ride height. Adjust the camber to your desired setting...I always compress suspension again just to be sure I got it right.

to set front toe, I usually get my steering centered out on the track then, put the car on the stands and, with the car on (you can remove the pinion to play it safe but, not necessary) set the amount of front toe out you want. Doing it with the car on will help you to be sure you don't move the servo off the center you have set and will make it easier to get both left and right equal

hope that helped
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by elee32
first, set your ride height with the tires on the car, then, take tires off and put setup station on car. Be sure to have all of your electronics and everything in the car and compress the suspension to get the car set at its ride height. Adjust the camber to your desired setting...I always compress suspension again just to be sure I got it right.

to set front toe, I usually get my steering centered out on the track then, put the car on the stands and, with the car on (you can remove the pinion to play it safe but, not necessary) set the amount of front toe out you want. Doing it with the car on will help you to be sure you don't move the servo off the center you have set and will make it easier to get both left and right equal

hope that helped
helped greatly!!!

I'm home trying to initially set up the car......
Old 03-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Thanks Guys

Daryl
Go to this site. This will help you

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...=3989&catName=
Old 03-27-2012, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by entitymugenmtx
Go to this site. This will help you

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...=3989&catName=
thanks for the info!
Old 07-30-2012, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I currently run a Sakura and I was thinking of purchasing the Integy SPECS Precision Alignment Setup Station C23861 for fine tuning the car. Thoughts? Anyone using?
Old 07-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I use the Hudy Setup station and its great to be able to know that everything is in spec and exactly where I want it to be.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

I wonder what setup stations do the pros use. I know that Xray use Hudy but what the team Associated, Tamiya, Yokomo and Hotbodies team drivers use?.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JustWill75
I wonder what setup stations do the pros use. I know that Xray use Hudy but what the team Associated, Tamiya, Yokomo and Hotbodies team drivers use?.
Everyone uses Hudy...don't waste your money on anything else!
Old 07-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Everyone uses Hudy...don't waste your money on anything else!
What he said...
Old 07-30-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
What he said...
+1
Old 07-30-2012, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I use a cheapo old Integy setup station I bought on here for $50. My brother and I split it and each took two of the gauges. It does the exactly same job that the $350 Hudy setup station does.

At the end of the day, all it does is give you a starting point. Some people will argue that it's pointless to measure camber and toe settings without tires, etc etc and they're probably right in that aspect.

Personally, I wouldn't spend any more than the $25 I spent on the gauges, and the $20 I spent on a MIP quick tweak board.
Old 07-31-2012, 05:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Stanfsu
I currently run a Sakura and I was thinking of purchasing the Integy SPECS Precision Alignment Setup Station C23861 for fine tuning the car. Thoughts? Anyone using?
I use the old plastic Hudy setup system only because I picked it up cheap second hand, I would never have paid full price for it and don't see any need to upgrade to the alloy version. People buy the Hudy because everyone else does, and we are all suckers for r/c designer labels and bling. Engraved markings aren't more accurate on cnc machining by Hudy compared to cnc machining by Integy. Unless you have that sort of money to throw at a few bits of alloy just for the label on it, if you look after the Integy you won't notice the difference between it and the Hudy. Being a softer metal the Integy will eventually wear out, but unless you have to put your car on it after every run like some people do it will take years before you notice it.

The one advantage the Hudy has though is being made of much better quality alloy. If you drop a piece of the Hudy set it should still be straight, while there is a chance the Integy alloy piece will get a slight bend in it which will put out all your settings. All you have to do is be more careful with the Integy set.

Hudy has the best setup guide though. http://www.hudy.net/xhudy/showfile.p...252739b1ad8c24

I must say though I would never bother taking the setup station to the track, but a camber gauge and a tweak board always goes with me.

Last edited by terry.sc; 07-31-2012 at 05:35 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.