Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2018, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

General I was not offended at all really I can't afford to race full size cars but I do take racing toy race cars seriously. (racing is a passionate Activity )
lt doesn't surprise me that someone would take weight off the roof and hood and trunk of their race car and if it's not a rule to prevent that it is legal. We are racing it maybe Toy Cars but we are still racing. I just enjoy participating in this conversation and it is a privilege to race and to talk with fellow racers to see what they think.
Ok now here come s my Bipolar side does bold type equal I was offend I'm a little older so I don't have a nuance approach posting. I thought all caps was the way to show I was offended.
You know I race cars, small cars, but I race cars.
Old 02-08-2018, 10:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by theproffesor
So body scraping is a problem? I agree doing it is flat out ridiculous, but enough people were doing it to make a rule. That’s just sad.
Its what some onroad oval guys do, Ive never done that its ridiculous.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:03 AM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Body scrapping is big in oval and it probably just carried over. On those cars, it makes a big CG difference. I've always said "oval racers are the best cheaters"....of course I mean that light heartedly (though the example of body scrapping in oval isn't illegal). The playing field of motors and batteries is pretty level now but back in the day, it always seemed that oval racers were the first to push the limits, figure out a better way to go faster, and in some cases "bend" the rules a bit.

Not to mention....I still love oval racing to this day, I just don't do it anymore. Mike Boylan has had VTA oval classes at his races in the past and it was a blast! Running this class wide-open and door to door, it doesn't get much better.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-turkey-shoot-vta.jpg  
vivo quevas likes this.
Old 02-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

Scott Meeks for President!!!! Well, of RC racing anyway....
vivo quevas likes this.
Old 02-08-2018, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ASM
Body scrapping is big in oval and it probably just carried over. On those cars, it makes a big CG difference. I've always said "oval racers are the best cheaters"....of course I mean that light heartedly (though the example of body scrapping in oval isn't illegal). The playing field of motors and batteries is pretty level now but back in the day, it always seemed that oval racers were the first to push the limits, figure out a better way to go faster, and in some cases "bend" the rules a bit.

Not to mention....I still love oval racing to this day, I just don't do it anymore. Mike Boylan has had VTA oval classes at his races in the past and it was a blast! Running this class wide-open and door to door, it doesn't get much better.
I would like to do oval VTA once in a while, Last labor day Timewarp at LITH did a dirt oval race and we raced VTA it was a lot of fun
ASM likes this.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:03 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flyingm
Scott Meeks for President!!!! Well, of RC racing anyway....
Gary, I didn't know you were a graphic artist, r/c body guru, mountain hiker, photographer....and a comedian too LOL!!! You're killin' me!
Old 02-08-2018, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Just trying to make living.... hopefully something will work out....LOL
ASM likes this.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter
Its what some onroad oval guys do, Ive never done that its ridiculous.
There is a company or two that make SCRAPERS just for doing this -- Been around in carpet oval for a long time...sadly
Old 02-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for not judging about scrapping I've never done it but I can certainly understand why some people have. I think racing is about making every aspect of your program- chassis, motor, batteries, body, radio, driving etc as perfect and optimum as possible. Sort of like blue printing a real engine.

Originally Posted by ASM

ASM likes this.
Old 02-09-2018, 09:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I just got finish painting my kyosho chevy chevelle. I can not wait to see how it works.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-chevy-1.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-chevy.jpg  
Old 02-09-2018, 10:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rack
I just got finish painting my kyosho chevy chevelle. I can not wait to see how it works.
looks good, you might end up with some tire rubbing issues after that nose gets dented in.

I had to open the wheel wells up so much on my J71 body because of my bad driving.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
looks good, you might end up with some tire rubbing issues after that nose gets dented in.

I had to open the wheel wells up so much on my J71 body because of my bad driving.
thanks
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-chevy-4.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-chevy3.jpg  
massenb203 likes this.
Old 02-10-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

if anyone is interested, I just drew and printed some wheels for my VTA-like car (similar class here locally):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2789153

Feel free to share. I haven't raced them so I don't know how / if they hold up.

Cheers,

Hugo
robk likes this.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HugoW
Hi,

if anyone is interested, I just drew and printed some wheels for my VTA-like car (similar class here locally):

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2789153

Feel free to share. I haven't raced them so I don't know how / if they hold up.

Cheers,

Hugo
You need longer body posts.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:25 AM
Tech Regular

No, I need my racing shocks to arrive to I can set the ride height on the chassis and cut the posts accordingly. Or I leave them like this, my M-chassis cars always seem to roll back onto their wheels 'cause there so high!

Hugo
mooby64 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.