Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2015, 05:56 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Gary,

First off, we thank you for supporting this race as well as all you do for the class! We hope many racers will see this as you and make plans to join us. We are indeed lucky to have Pete and Joe along with a first class facility.

Any chance we can save you a VIP pit spot?
Old 03-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Talks are currently underway in NW Ohio! After a winter like this one. Florida sounds pretty good right now!
Old 03-04-2015, 06:44 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by team mopar
Talks are currently underway in NW Ohio! After a winter like this one. Florida sounds pretty good right now!
Sam.....c'mon down! We're in shorts and t-shirts....lol!!
Old 03-04-2015, 07:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Shorts? I remember those! Lol I checked plane tickets vs a rental car yesterday.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

-1 degree low here tomorrow night. You picked a good time to promote the race to those up north Scott! Masterful marketing move.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Tech Regular

Scott...you know I would love to have that VIP spot....but traveling to RC events is like a good potato chip, you can't just eat one. I kicked that habit years ago....LOL

The North East racer's would probably like to have that race now to get away from Winter like Sam said. Even though I am in Arizona, here in Flagstaff we are at 7,000 feet in the largest Ponderosa Pine Forest in the world. We get lots of snow, but I'll drive 2 hours to Phoenix this weekend for a race and 85 degree weather. You can't do that in many places. Here is what my front yard looks like right now....
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-img_2723.jpg  
Old 03-04-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

That's cool, Gary. We drive two hours one way and three hours the other way to race indoors.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:06 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey Snoop you got that pic you been working on
Old 03-05-2015, 05:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Gary, I once drove from Flagstaff to Phoenix. Coming from Ohio basically a flat state I might add. Taking 17? That was probably the scariest rides I've ever taken. 2am loaded with a drag car headed to firebird. I had a runaway semi pass me, drums glowing! Holly crap! The elevation change reminded me of taking a elevator to the basement. Lol
OK back to T/A racing. Sorry for story time everyone. Sam B
Old 03-14-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete
Hey Snoop you got that pic you been working on
Sent you one in the Facebook messenger. Not sure if you got it or if they reduce the image quality. Let me know if you want changes or if I should completely start over.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Adept

Default legal wheels

Hi do you guys think it would be OK to run the hpi carrera 0mm 6mm wheels?
They are a vintage wheel and proper offsets so I don't see why it would matter.
But I know the vta rules are ridiculously strict and it must be in the spirit of vta
Old 03-16-2015, 01:17 PM
ASM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Sent you one in the Facebook messenger. Not sure if you got it or if they reduce the image quality. Let me know if you want changes or if I should completely start over.
Kent - do you think you can get down in October for the race? Pete and I would like to see ya make it if possible. Either way I'll see ya in Nashville and maybe you'll have a better idea by then.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hershey66
Hi do you guys think it would be OK to run the hpi carrera 0mm 6mm wheels?
They are a vintage wheel and proper offsets so I don't see why it would matter.
But I know the vta rules are ridiculously strict and it must be in the spirit of vta
I believe those wheels are designed to fit the HPI Cup Racer. The cup racer is a smaller sized car - same basic size as a Tamiya Mini-Cooper. Since it is a smaller wheel, you would not be able to mount the legal USVTA tire onto that wheel.

You might check with your local club to see if they would allow you to run Cup Racer and/or Mini Cooper wheels/tires in the VTA class. At a big race, I think the answer would be no. Also, because the wheel/tires are smaller I doubt they wouldn't work as well on a 1/10 TC chassis.

----------

P.S.; The tire/wheel rules aren't necessarily strict. It is just that no other manufacturer has decided to make wheels that will fit the USVTA tires. If another manufacturer did have a wheel that would work, I'm sure it would added to the allowed equipment list found here - (http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/index.html)
Old 03-16-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer
I believe those wheels are designed to fit the HPI Cup Racer. The cup racer is a smaller sized car - same basic size as a Tamiya Mini-Cooper. Since it is a smaller wheel, you would not be able to mount the legal USVTA tire onto that wheel.

You might check with your local club to see if they would allow you to run Cup Racer and/or Mini Cooper wheels/tires in the VTA class. At a big race, I think the answer would be no. Also, because the wheel/tires are smaller I doubt they wouldn't work as well on a 1/10 TC chassis.
Ok I'm just trying find a wheel that I can paint to look like a pontiac rally 2 wheel for the Trans am body.
Old 03-16-2015, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team mopar
Gary, I once drove from Flagstaff to Phoenix. Coming from Ohio basically a flat state I might add. Taking 17? That was probably the scariest rides I've ever taken. 2am loaded with a drag car headed to firebird. I had a runaway semi pass me, drums glowing! Holly crap! The elevation change reminded me of taking a elevator to the basement. Lol
OK back to T/A racing. Sorry for story time everyone. Sam B
I've made that drive before. Best gas mileage I ever got. I think I just left my car in neutral the whole time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.