Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2 >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
View Poll Results: what's your tire choice?
Protoform
30.67%
HPI
69.33%
Voters: 150. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree4318Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

+1 Nubie-Wan!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I am truly sorry for stirring up the hornets nest. I just like Tekin b/c of there support for the U.S. Armed Forces and would like to support them back. But I will gladly run whatever is in the rules and not push any issue. I like the simplicity of USVTA. If its not on the list, then its not legal. Simple and impossible to screw up. Thank you to all those involved in the beginning to give everyone else something fun to run.

Bronson
Old 07-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theproffesor
I am truly sorry for stirring up the hornets nest. I just like Tekin b/c of there support for the U.S. Armed Forces and would like to support them back. But I will gladly run whatever is in the rules and not push any issue. I like the simplicity of USVTA. If its not on the list, then its not legal. Simple and impossible to screw up. Thank you to all those involved in the beginning to give everyone else something fun to run.

Bronson
it's all good on my end Bronson

I truly do not believe the buzz of the sleeping hornets awakening, were caused by your statement. More so of the "paids more" statement of another.

All of the esc mfg's have always been welcome to participate in "USVTA", as long as the speedo's met the spec. LRP released a new esc last year thinking it would be a perfect fit, however, with the push of a button, it added timing to be a better fit for the LRP "K" series motors. So it was, unfortunatley a no-go for.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I would think that with the popularity of "blinky" TC, Tekin would release a non-timing esc, which of course paves the way for a USVTA legal esc as well. Just my opinion.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

So total VTA noob. Is there a list of characteristics of the bodies and how they effect handling?
Old 07-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
So total VTA noob. Is there a list of characteristics of the bodies and how they effect handling?
I think most people are of the mindset that these cars are so heavy and slow that the bodies really don't make much of a difference, if any. I've only run the '69 Camaro from HPI and have been very happy with it. If I wanted something different, it'd be the Boss 302 Mustang from HPI, but that decision is based solely on aesthetics and my favorite paint schemes from the '60s/'70s.
Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Any of you Texas folks coming to Mike's in the DFW area to run the Texas Electric Onroad Series (EOS) this weekend?? We'll be rolling in from Austin early Saturday to run the club race and will run the EOS on Sunday. Looking forward to it!
Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm a "FORD" guy, but my favorite body is the HPI 68 Camaro, but SOOO over done by so many - but man it's sweet, and seemed like the most durable of the HPI's.

HPI goes above and beyond for detail - there's no doubt.

For DURABILITY, I love the McAllister 70 Mustang - you almost CAN'T hurt it, but it's heavier.

McAllister has a NEW 70 FIREBIRD body, I haven't run it yet - but I've made custom detail decals for it (Grill, Headlight, Tail Light) and have sold several sets, so there should be some of those hitting tracks soon

The ProtoForm Javelin is popular too, but I haven't run it.

The HPI CUDA looked sweet, but man that thing got destroyed really fast it seemed, and I love the HPI 65/66 Mustangs (both fast back and coupe) but those are only shelf queens here so far.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
I'm a "FORD" guy, but my favorite body is the HPI 68 Camaro, but SOOO over done by so many - but man it's sweet, and seemed like the most durable of the HPI's.

HPI goes above and beyond for detail - there's no doubt.

For DURABILITY, I love the McAllister 70 Mustang - you almost CAN'T hurt it, but it's heavier.

McAllister has a NEW 70 FIREBIRD body, I haven't run it yet - but I've made custom detail decals for it (Grill, Headlight, Tail Light) and have sold several sets, so there should be some of those hitting tracks soon

The ProtoForm Javelin is popular too, but I haven't run it.

The HPI CUDA looked sweet, but man that thing got destroyed really fast it seemed, and I love the HPI 65/66 Mustangs (both fast back and coupe) but those are only shelf queens here so far.
My work in progress; soon to hit the new onroad track at Delta Raceway...

(grill, headlights, tail light) - by SWT
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-martini1.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-martini2.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-martini3.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2-martini4.jpg  
Old 07-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SWTour
ARRG!!!!! Screams, rants, stomps, throws breakables across room, THROWS HISSY FITS and temper tantrums

Guys, please get it right. The McAllister body is a 1969 Boss 302 Mustang

J/K, not a flame, couldn't resist a little good natured ribbing

From the McAllister website:

#286– 1969 MUSTANG VTA or Street Stock body 200MM wide

Rant mode off now, and I agree it is one tough body. It is the body I run
Old 07-18-2013, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

What's a good legal battery that u guys can suggest to get ?
Old 07-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 161 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yodace
As far as performance, pick one... anyone. C rating really does not matter.

As far as durability, I'd use just about anything other than an Intellect/IP pack or a Gens Ace pack. Cheapest isn't always the best value.

If you're only using the pack for VTA, the 5000mAh Reedy Wolfpack is a decent choice that won't break the bank. Whatever you get... just buy one, unless you have multiple cars.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Guys, please get it right. The McAllister body is a 1969 Boss 302 Mustang
haha- you are right - I forget, because I ran Gary's old 70 Mustang so many years ago - I forgot when he did the VTA body he changed it to the 69 version!

btw - I have grill and tail light decals made up for THAT body too (if anyone wants to dress one up a little)
Old 07-18-2013, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by yodace
SMC's 5000mAh pack is $29.95.
Old 07-18-2013, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JimmyMack12
SMC's 5000mAh pack is $29.95.
Oh man thats a cheater pack 5100mAh > 5000 limit! I just ordered the shorty 4600 SMC the other day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.