Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
VBC Racing Shop, are there any plans to make anything other than 6 deg caster blocks? The VBC car has been around for a while now (first version), if they haven't made them yet my guess is that they are not going to make them.
The last time I checked, there were no immediate plans to produce 6 degree caster blocks.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

So I would like to narrow my front end some but keep 0deg toe from the blocks. If I 0 now with the stock blocks, but get the appropriate parts to keep 0 deg but go on step narrower, by how much would I narrow the wheel base?
Old 12-03-2013, 12:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default things that make you go, hmm...

Originally Posted by theproffesor
So I would like to narrow my front end some but keep 0deg toe from the blocks. If I 0 now with the stock blocks, but get the appropriate parts to keep 0 deg but go on step narrower, by how much would I narrow the wheel base?
Just measure your suspension blocks and you should** have your answer. Using your dial calipers find the difference between F00 and the next block down.** Let's say in this case 1mm. The only way to maintain 0deg toe would be to also move the center mount points a TOTAL of 1mm. Meaning half per side. This only works of course if VBC narrows the suspension block as a whole leaving the mount points at the outer most edge. If they are the same length, but machine the mount points closer this method will not work. I have wondered the same thing myself, but not given it any real thought till now. I have E30, E25, and E20. So I can check those when I get home from work.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Elite

Looking at the chart you can narrow the track width by using a combo of center blocks and main blocks, i would like to know how much this does before spending major $$$ parts that wont do what I want. I was hoping that VBC, or someone who has the parts and a set-up board could tell me
Old 12-03-2013, 01:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default haha you got me!

Haha, "theproffesor".... yeah you got me. I see now this was one of those math class trick trig questions. LOL
The correct answer is "None."
Old 01-01-2014, 03:35 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by theproffesor; 01-01-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

So finally got my Wildfire on the track. Man I should have made the switch a long time ago. I spent months getting last car dailed in. This one had a drivable set-up from the start. In short, one race day and I am at th set-up that I am going to use for a while (minus small camber and RC changes to follow traction). This car is great, and took some hard hits too. Only issue I have is with the leaky diffs I had, but solved that too.

I haven't raced in three months, and with a new car, new radio, and new electonics I was able to put down a fast lap within .3 of the guys who have been racing this layout every weekend since I took a break. This car is much easier to drive hard than my old one. It goes where you point it, and has tons of steering. I just need to get my consistancy up. Just need more practice.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

The wildfire is on fire. Put down the fastest lap my local track has seen with new layout in VTA. I just need to get some time to get more consistant.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi guys. I am new to rc and tc. Just built my D05 and now thinking about gearing. Can anyone tell me the final drive ratio please. I will be running a 21.5 motor. What spur and pinion do people recommend?
Pretty lame questions I know but so much to learn. Regards Alan
Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Been running vta with this chassis for a bit, switching to 17.5 tc. Any good recomendations on set-up? Particularly droop. Not big on the over ride hight thing though. I just like using my droop blocks. Med-high grip carpet using sweep 32 premounts. Thanks
Old 02-28-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Elite

Bump the thread for some fresh paint. Making the move from VTA to TC.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Default Looking Good

I would like to hear how you do. I have had a D05 for each class for quite a while now. I truly enjoy running VTA. She is quite predictable and fun to drive. My 17.5 on the other hand is complete nightmare. I've seen plenty run well, so It's definitely me. Similar set ups on the cars. I'm using the D.J. indoor Canada 17.5. Works great on my VTA, Can't even drive my 17.5. From the posts Looks like you and I are the last two folks running this chassis now. Mod should prolly change the title of this thread from "New" to "Vintage" VBC.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Tech Regular

Bump the thread for some fresh paint. Making the move from VTA to TC.

Paint looks great!

Originally Posted by Microtome
I would like to hear how you do. I have had a D05 for each class for quite a while now. I truly enjoy running VTA. She is quite predictable and fun to drive. My 17.5 on the other hand is complete nightmare. I've seen plenty run well, so It's definitely me. Similar set ups on the cars. I'm using the D.J. indoor Canada 17.5. Works great on my VTA, Can't even drive my 17.5. From the posts Looks like you and I are the last two folks running this chassis now. Mod should prolly change the title of this thread from "New" to "Vintage" VBC.
The D05 still remains a very solid and fast car. I don't understand why your 21.5 and 17.5 cars would handle completely differently with a similar setup, but stranger things have happened. If you need help, feel free to post and I will assist in any way I can.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Internal Gear Ratio Wildfire

When I'm finding the FDR I don't know the internal gear ratio go the VBC Racing Wildfire 05. Anyone help?
Thanks
Old 03-12-2014, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rstansfield
When I'm finding the FDR I don't know the internal gear ratio go the VBC Racing Wildfire 05. Anyone help?
Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.