Wiki Posts
Search

VBC new 1/10 touring car, Wildfire.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Odin544
Who all is running the VBC 2 piece joint drive shafts up front? How are you liking them? I never had any chatter in my TC6 running 17.5 non-boosted so I was a little suprised to see how bad it was on the wildfire this last weekend.

What all is needed to run them? Just the axles, hubs and bearings correct? Can someone tell me the size of bearings needed?
They work great, the bearings are included when you buy them as well.
Old 11-07-2012, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Who all is running the VBC 2 piece joint drive shafts up front? How are you liking them? I never had any chatter in my TC6 running 17.5 non-boosted so I was a little suprised to see how bad it was on the wildfire this last weekend.

What all is needed to run them? Just the axles, hubs and bearings correct? Can someone tell me the size of bearings needed?
You only need to replace the inner bearing in the steering block. 5x10x3mm. Outsider use normal 5x10. C-block were included with the joint.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Thanks guys. I was asking about bearings so I could have a couple spares from Avid in the box.
Old 11-08-2012, 12:49 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this car, and buying the optional green alloy parts, but am wondering about it's general durability.

How have you guys found it to be in general? I know Xray's are the benchmark in terms of durability, however like to run something less common than the general crowd, and this car fits the bill in that regards.

Thanks,

Steve
Old 11-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Are the carpet spec plastics available yet ?
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

Whats the difference between the standard graphite parts and the 1K graphite parts and are they necessary for carpet?
Old 11-09-2012, 05:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vince
Whats the difference between the standard graphite parts and the 1K graphite parts and are they necessary for carpet?
the 1k parts are not needed for carpet, the car works just fine with the stock chassis setup. The only difference between stock and the 1k is the 1k is stiffer because it is woven much tighter. Hope this helps!!
Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
the 1k parts are not needed for carpet, the car works just fine with the stock chassis setup. The only difference between stock and the 1k is the 1k is stiffer because it is woven much tighter. Hope this helps!!
AHH!! thanks. Also, do i need to get any optional suspension blocks?
Old 11-09-2012, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Vince
AHH!! thanks. Also, do i need to get any optional suspension blocks?
you do not NEED them but they are nice to have for fine tuning such as the front arm sweep. some people like it and others dont. the blocks give you the option
Old 11-09-2012, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on this car, and buying the optional green alloy parts, but am wondering about it's general durability.

How have you guys found it to be in general? I know Xray's are the benchmark in terms of durability, however like to run something less common than the general crowd, and this car fits the bill in that regards.

Thanks,

Steve
i did the green kit. its identical in durability parts as the original equip parts. just a differant color. i suggested to crc to let vbc know that the green hex are a waste with the kit, i.m.o. they are hidden by wheels. i suggested they make the steering wrack green and skip the hex. mine was missing 2 green turnbuckles. i called crc about it and they said they would get with vbc about it. but the east coast storm hit last week so im not worried too much about some green turnbuckles at the moment from them. i lost my camera cable. if you want a pick of the green on the car pm me a cell number and ill text ya a photo or two when i get off work today.

i also did a green paint pen for sealing the carbon parts to have fun with the car colors
Old 11-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Thanks for your reply...I realise I worded my question badly. I meant to ask about durability of the car itself (ie plastic parts mainly...if breakages are common etc). I realise the green alloy is the same material as the natural titanium colour.

I live in Australia so I appreciate the offer of messaging pictures to my phone, however realise this wouldn't be possible. My email is stephenianjames(at)hotmail(dot)com is you wouldn't mind emailing them. If not, no problem.

Thanks,

Steve

Originally Posted by apriliamille
i did the green kit. its identical in durability parts as the original equip parts. just a differant color. i suggested to crc to let vbc know that the green hex are a waste with the kit, i.m.o. they are hidden by wheels. i suggested they make the steering wrack green and skip the hex. mine was missing 2 green turnbuckles. i called crc about it and they said they would get with vbc about it. but the east coast storm hit last week so im not worried too much about some green turnbuckles at the moment from them. i lost my camera cable. if you want a pick of the green on the car pm me a cell number and ill text ya a photo or two when i get off work today.

i also did a green paint pen for sealing the carbon parts to have fun with the car colors
Old 11-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
I run .5-1* toe out per side in the front to keep mined from wondering. Also makes sure to shim the slop out of the steering rack but not so tight it binds. They give you the shims for this in the kit. If all that checks out it's either a bad servo or a bad servo saver like someone already mentioned.
Try not to laugh too hard but, I didnt tighten the screws all the way on the servo mount so it worked itself loose. DUH!
Thanks for all the help and I will be running it tomorrow and then giving updates!
Practiced with it today and did a few minor adjustments from Daves setup, Different springs, HPI Silver Front and Hpi Blue rear.
Went to middle swaybar then took it completely out and the car stopped steping out on me.
I run outdoor blacktop,(School Yard Grade/ Sealed with a Rubber particulate)
Dont ask about that cause I could not explain it to you LOL ! Car is soooooo
much better from the get go then my last TC(TOP PHOTON) Left to right transfer of weight is awesome and the steering in good, LIKE EVERYONE is saying. Much more predictable! Hope to beat the PANTs off the HotBOdies team tomorrow.
Old 11-10-2012, 09:08 PM
Tech Adept

What servo? Servo saver? Toe? Without more info its nearly impossible to say what the issue is.
Thanks !
Problem solved
Old 11-10-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by stephenianjames
Thanks for your reply...I realise I worded my question badly. I meant to ask about durability of the car itself (ie plastic parts mainly...if breakages are common etc). I realise the green alloy is the same material as the natural titanium colour.

I live in Australia so I appreciate the offer of messaging pictures to my phone, however realise this wouldn't be possible. My email is stephenianjames(at)hotmail(dot)com is you wouldn't mind emailing them. If not, no problem.

Thanks,

Steve
ill see what i can do for some photos by email this week
i raced tonight here. i hit someone some hard enough to pop the shock off the arm where the connector connects to the front arm, how it popped off i have no clue. nothing broke
Old 11-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Tech Addict

I mimicked Nitrobeast's set up from page 41 except i have the sway bars still connected and i used the stock rear carrier. i finally had a full night of racing (not fault of the car for the prior attempts) and i was very happy with it the steering for me was awesome, i felt i could put it anywhere. Thanks for sharing the set up Nitrobeast

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.