Search
Like Tree1Likes

Roll Centre. Hinge pin Vs upper arm adjustments

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wollow86
Wow, thanks BobW, what a fantastic way of explaining it. It's also comforting to see my understanding of roll center was correct .

At the end of the video you lowered the inner upper link to replace the camber gain you'd lost by lowering the lower inner link position. Could the same thing have been achieved by raising the outer upper link position? And would that adjustment effect the roll center?

I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to fork out for rc crew chief software now
Raising the outer camber link position will have basically the same effect as lowering the inner position. You will get more camber gain and raise the roll centre.

Glad you like the program. Now that I have discovered this great way to demo the program I'm going to do a series of videos to demo all the festures.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Is there a Rc crew chief app for Android yet ? What a program !!! Thanks again Bobw!!!
Right now it is just a PC app. Not sure if I can ever fit it all into a phone app but we will see. Took a long time to get to this point.

If anyone has specific RCCrewChief questions please use the RCCrewChief thread. I don't want to hijack this thread.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Initiate

I´m still confused by the term "gain"; it means "increase" (?), so when you have negative camber, say -1 degree, does gain mean the camber goes to, for example, -0.5 degree? Or the opposite, -1.5 degreees?
Old 01-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by JiiIii
I´m still confused by the term "gain"; it means "increase" (?), so when you have negative camber, say -1 degree, does gain mean the camber goes to, for example, -0.5 degree? Or the opposite, -1.5 degreees?
Camber gain means that the tire camber will increase as the suspension arm moves up. So if you have .5 degrees of camber gain and -1 degree of static camber you would end up with -1.5 degrees.
carpetburner likes this.