Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default Kody Knudtson MD-FGX Setup

I have just posted Kody's setup on the 3racing FGX thread:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...l#post10506842

Troy
Old 03-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Here's a list of YouTube videos that were filmed during the ROAR Carpet Nationals last weekend.

VTA A-Main on Thurs. Mar. http://youtu.be/dyQH6xlDof0

F1 B-Main at 2012 RCN: http://youtu.be/QzXLyM4TmjE

Intro of Mod Sedan Drivers at 2012 RCN: http://youtu.be/-HczraHeMpM

Mod Sedan A1 Main at 2012 RCN: http://youtu.be/OtJ1HtIRKls

Mod Sedan Qualifier Race at 2012 RCN: http://youtu.be/G2U2yElufeE

VTA Qualifier Race at 2012 RCN: http://youtu.be/aHLdGFaPN-s

F1 Qualifier Race at 2012 RCN: http://youtu.be/G9utbIJkjRM
Old 03-23-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Any luck on the sponsor sheets?
Old 03-23-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Rick ......there are a few of us who go to Mikes regularly who have TC6's
Old 03-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Any luck on the sponsor sheets?
I will be there tomorrow to check. If so I will get you the pics.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wwddww34
[SIZE="2"]Actually, skypilot, if you look at the sequence of video frames below you will see that all Kody did (after tumbling Tony's car) was slow down a bit and make a little wider turn. Kody did not stop and he certainly did not get his tires as dirty as Tony did.

Now that 2nd pass by Kody, at frame 09:18:31, was a clean pass. However since Kody would have stopped right after the tumble, he would have been quite a bit farther behind and would not have been in position to make that clean 2nd pass.
nonsense, what it shows is Tony barely left the driving line during his tumble and looks to be about the same amount of off line as Kodys car. and had Kody actually decide to come to a stop he would have had time to completely stop and take off and still be in front of Tony. but he did the right thing by letting him back by, either slowing down or completely stopping doesn't matter one bit.

the dirty tire excuse is complete non sense, check the lap times, Kody ran Tony down made a pass and Tony finished a foot or two off kodys bumper dirty tires be damned.

this type of reasoning may work on racers that have been doing the hobby for less then two hours, but not anyone with any experience more then that.

whats done is done and it won't be changed, making up BS excuses to justifiy it is silly.

I'm only responding to other peoples posting, giving my opinion, you don't have to except it, or agree with it, its just my opinion.
Old 03-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I will be there tomorrow to check. If so I will get you the pics.
The sheets went MIA. Sorry man.
Old 03-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

I feel like I am playing Where in the world is Carmen San Diego. I just got a hint that the sheets may be closer than I thought...

I will know more Monday! lol
Old 03-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Cool, man, keep me posted. Thanks for looking into it.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

http://www.liverc.com/photos/albums/...oad_Nationals/

Some more pics that I just saw posted.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by skypilot
nonsense, what it shows is Tony barely left the driving line during his tumble and looks to be about the same amount of off line as Kodys car. and had Kody actually decide to come to a stop he would have had time to completely stop and take off and still be in front of Tony. but he did the right thing by letting him back by, either slowing down or completely stopping doesn't matter one bit.

the dirty tire excuse is complete non sense, check the lap times, Kody ran Tony down made a pass and Tony finished a foot or two off kodys bumper dirty tires be damned.

this type of reasoning may work on racers that have been doing the hobby for less then two hours, but not anyone with any experience more then that.

whats done is done and it won't be changed, making up BS excuses to justifiy it is silly.

I'm only responding to other peoples posting, giving my opinion, you don't have to except it, or agree with it, its just my opinion.
Dead horse... Roar (which I think did an excellent job over the weekend despite some attitude from them) did really well calling races, making sure things were right, and keeping racing fair. Hopefully, the racing next year is as good.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Dead horse... Roar (which I think did an excellent job over the weekend despite some attitude from them) did really well calling races, making sure things were right, and keeping racing fair. Hopefully, the racing next year is as good.
yea, I get it, dead horse, see the part where I wrote "whats done is done". but that doesn't mean I don't get to express my opinon on someone elses post.
Old 03-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dead horse ..ya...great race...ya

I watched that race probably too many times at work than i should have. I think overall the right call was made. I was on the fence for awhile. Kody definitely had the faster car. But i think in the end you have to get around somebody cleanly and that wasnt exactly done. I think the second "incident" could have been avoided if he was called to stop and go; unfortunately this didnt happen. He did slow down and let him back in. But here is where i think the decision was made(well at least for me). He slipped back in immediately rather than waiting for Tony to get his momentum back and back into the groove. Ive seen races where they make people pull over for a stop and go and this is usually a couple of seconds....if the announcer would have called this i think this could have been avoided.

Would loved to have seen triple a mains on this and pretty sure the last final would have been awesome as the TQ was actually out of the main fairly quickly.
Old 03-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wcalaker
Dead horse ..ya...great race...ya

I watched that race probably too many times at work than i should have. I think overall the right call was made. I was on the fence for awhile. Kody definitely had the faster car. But i think in the end you have to get around somebody cleanly and that wasnt exactly done. I think the second "incident" could have been avoided if he was called to stop and go; unfortunately this didnt happen. He did slow down and let him back in. But here is where i think the decision was made(well at least for me). He slipped back in immediately rather than waiting for Tony to get his momentum back and back into the groove. Ive seen races where they make people pull over for a stop and go and this is usually a couple of seconds....if the announcer would have called this i think this could have been avoided.

Would loved to have seen triple a mains on this and pretty sure the last final would have been awesome as the TQ was actually out of the main fairly quickly.
If if if.... Blah. It was an exhibition class. Doesn't matter who won, the real issue is that ROAR needs to be consistent in its rulings and rule adherence. Something that has been an issue for many years.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone have any video of mod 12th A's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.