Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012 R.O.A.R Carpet Nationals

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 02:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I by no means am I directing my comments at Mikes Hobby or Andrew. There being told by ROAR the race will be held in 3 days. My hopes are someone from ROAR will be reading this thread.

As for the traction compound i like Paragon i wish we could use it at our track but to many people don't like the fragrant odor. So its just something else many have to figure out when it comes to setup in a very short time frame.

Regardless of the schedule i will be doing what i can to attend this race I was just expressing my displeasure of the short schedule.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
I love the three day format. With a full field of 250 ROAR might have to go to 2 minutes between heats (which should be easy) and eliminate the painfully long A-main driver introductions.
+1

All I want for Christmas this year is a VTA Exhibition class offered at the 2012 ROAR Carpet Nats. on March 16 - 18 in Dallas TX.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I love the three day format. With a full field of 250 ROAR might have to go to 2 minutes between heats (which should be easy) and eliminate the painfully long A-main driver introductions.
+1

I love the 3 day format. About time in my opinion.

Mike
Old 12-12-2011, 07:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bkspeedo
As for the traction compound i like Paragon i wish we could use it at our track but to many people don't like the fragrant odor.
I love the smell of Paragon in the morning, it smells like victory.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
+1

I love the 3 day format. About time in my opinion.

Mike
Same here, will make it MUCH easier to afford to go, less days in a hotel, & less days to take off from work(will make it easier to get my boss to let me go to it). And I also hope we can do a VTA class, been itching to get mine up & running again.....
Old 12-12-2011, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Hey Bob!
Old 12-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Looking forward to this Race. Mike's Hobby is one of the best in the nation. Its a full blown RC Compound.

Thanks Drew
Old 12-13-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

agreed. no reason everyone can't get on and off the stand in 2 minutes. Also, i've always felt that it's the driver's responsibility to properly display sponsors logos on car &/or shirt, etc. Driver intros should be nothing more than qual position, hometown, driver's name.
Old 12-13-2011, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Looking forward to this Race. Mike's Hobby is one of the best in the nation. Its a full blown RC Compound.

Thanks Drew

Thanks Drew. Were a lucky bunch who live and race here.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by johnnywhopper
Also, i've always felt that it's the driver's responsibility to properly display sponsors logos on car &/or shirt, etc. Driver intros should be nothing more than qual position, hometown, driver's name.
I totally agreed, until we started streaming audio/unviewable video of every "major" race over the net. Sponsors spend a good bit to send drivers to these races, and also throw some money at sponsoring these events. They deserve the recognition.

I do think we could drop the whole, Chassis, Tire, Radio, Motor, Battery, ESC, Body, diff lube, paint, wire individual announcements, and just go with SPONSORS.

I mean if you run for a car manufacturer it's pretty obvious you're running their car right?
Old 12-14-2011, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
Awesome question. I will update the info above.

The one, the only, Black Can Paragon will be the only tire sauce permitted.
Cue Dirla....
Sweet jiminey HOW did I miss this.....

PARAGON FOR LIFE

Heck I'm going just because of this. The awesome track and racers will be a bonus...

Now I really can't wait.....
Old 12-14-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Elite

thats it.........if that savage dirla is going, im staying home.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by al dente
thats it.........if that savage dirla is going, im staying home.
Nah, you gotta come. Who's gonna sit in the peanut gallery with me and heckle him every run if you're not there?
Old 12-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (91%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
David, I know you have your heart in the right spot and want to be a part of VTA at the Nationals. Here's our current progress concerning whether to run VTA, and if so the rules for the carpet nats. Our track reps and ROAR have discussed more than one possibility of rule sets for VTA as well as other exhibition classes. We are close to making a decision, and I really think that while the decision will obviously not make everyone happy, that as much as I am capable of influencing it, the decision that is made will be in the best interest of R/C racing in North America as a whole.
Andrew, that's good to hear. Now keep in mind that if I don't get my Christmas wish (aka. VTA Expo Class at the ROAR Carpet Nats) then I will hold you responsible for not making it happen and I will be putting extra coats of Paragon on my VTA tires before placing the car on the carpet track (without wiping them off first)!!! J.K.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Only 4 hrs away, I might have to attend this one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.