Like Tree209Likes

Exotek F1R

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Hello
i did a full review for the exotek F1R2 here in french

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Its summer! where do I buy this IFS for my F1r2?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:45 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dan
Nice, looks like almost a clone setup of mines. Same electronics layout, R-sector wide setup, and steel shaft/counterweight. Even the stock arms and Xray servo saver!

I'm removing the wide setup though. I need a trailing axle setup for the front.
What is the advantage of a trailing axle setup?
Old 07-30-2014, 03:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The IFS for the F1R2 has not been release yet (to my knowledge).
Old 07-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys. It took me a while to get to this point because I started reading the thread back from the beginning. I wanted to understand how the chassis progressed.

I keep seeing mention of the "Tamiya red spring that looks more orange". Would this be it.........http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1506

Zo
Old 07-30-2014, 06:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alonzo
Hey guys. It took me a while to get to this point because I started reading the thread back from the beginning. I wanted to understand how the chassis progressed.

I keep seeing mention of the "Tamiya red spring that looks more orange". Would this be it.........http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=1506

Zo
Yes, I believe that is the one Aaron uses.

Originally Posted by napoleon1981
Its summer! where do I buy this IFS for my F1r2?
We have all the metal parts in the warehouse. Still waiting for the molded parts to come in from the factory
Old 07-31-2014, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

MikeR,
Is thete an update on the release date for the IFS?
Old 07-31-2014, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Mike,
Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for a quality conversion kit. I've purchased the F1R2 pro conversion and adjustable front arm set. Everything is top notch! With a donor F104, I'm pretty close to being set. I'm really interested in the IFS when it hits. I've got some questions about some parts, but will send those to the support email.

P.S. I plan to attend 2015 Snowbirds, so there will be at least one Exotek there.

Zo
Old 07-31-2014, 05:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Regarding the new IFS, would this retrofit to a Tamiya chassis? Hoping it doesn't have locating tabs on the bottom so I can retrofit my F113 as well for a narrow setup. Maybe 3Racing will get serious about that narrow kit now.
Old 08-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

OK, I know that I'm a lazy bonehead, so we'll enter this discussion with that as a given.
I am trying to finish my F1R2 and had my Exotek spur arrive yesterday. I am using a Tamiya diff hub, etc on a Yeah Racing spring steel axle. I put a bearing in the gear. I put a bearing in the spur gear side of the hub. When I tightened it, everything bound and I had no diff action. Took it apart and tried again. Same. Pulled the bearing out of the spur gear side of the diff hub ("Hey! That spur gear has a shoulder on it! Maybe that is causing the problem?") and everything SEEMS to work fine. I am not confident that this is correct. Am I lucky, or still a bonehead?

Scott
Old 08-01-2014, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
OK, I know that I'm a lazy bonehead, so we'll enter this discussion with that as a given.
I am trying to finish my F1R2 and had my Exotek spur arrive yesterday. I am using a Tamiya diff hub, etc on a Yeah Racing spring steel axle. I put a bearing in the gear. I put a bearing in the spur gear side of the hub. When I tightened it, everything bound and I had no diff action. Took it apart and tried again. Same. Pulled the bearing out of the spur gear side of the diff hub ("Hey! That spur gear has a shoulder on it! Maybe that is causing the problem?") and everything SEEMS to work fine. I am not confident that this is correct. Am I lucky, or still a bonehead?

Scott
Couldn't exactly understand what you were saying you changed in the assembly.... Assemble exactly how you would a normal Tamiya f104 differential. The shoulder on the spur gear should be facing outward. I'd double check the bearings are all seated properly?
Old 08-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Mike,

Will the IFS be legal to run at IIC? (if it is out by then)

Any idea on the price?

Thanks,
Nick
Old 08-03-2014, 04:18 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wheelz
I think you would be ok with a conversion F1 chassis. It is mainly all locals and practice is free. I think they mainly just want to stay away from mod x-ray sedans and that type of crowd. Saturdays at Tamiya are more for fun and relaxing. And hey Im sure its got Tamiya parts on it anyways! lol

This is typically my base setup at Tamiya
I find that starting with fresh rubber is best there. So newer tires would make your day a lot more enjoyable!

Front:
3.5mm hide height
8.5 degrees caster
Associated 0.016 front springs (normally my go to spring)
-1.5 degrees camber
2 degrees toe out
Standard Tamiya In-line front axle
2mm bump steer (the steering links should be slightly pointing down toward the center of the car at hide height “\ servo /”)

Main Shock:
3-hole piston
25 weight (Associated oil)
Tamiya fluorescent Red Spring (looks like orange though)
1mm droop (thread lock the spring retainer onto the shock shaft)
raise the rear female ball stud 6mm for better shock movement

Side Suspension:
Associated kit silver spring
10 oil in dampers
No washers under any of the side links

Rear Pod:
Long Wheelbase
31/88 gearing (64 pitch)
Associated Diff lube on diff balls
4.0 mm ride height

Tires:
pit 72 rear with tamiya kit medium tire. (belt removed with stock foam)
I sauce the tires with buggy grip
Cleaned with Tuning Haus Tire Cleaner/ Conditioner

Other:
Asphalt I run no weight on the winglet. It is actually a pretty huge change in how the car drives
Reedy Sonic 2 Motor
Reedy short pack mounted forward
LRP SXX V2 mounted in the back with optional 3-barrel capacitor
X-ray servo saver
Tamiya F2012 Step nose body, rear wing, and front nose piece. I run the McLaren front wing (The holes line up between nose-piece and wing)
Thanks for the setup. What width/rims are you running?
Old 08-03-2014, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoWheel
Regarding the new IFS, would this retrofit to a Tamiya chassis? Hoping it doesn't have locating tabs on the bottom so I can retrofit my F113 as well for a narrow setup. Maybe 3Racing will get serious about that narrow kit now.
Ours does have locating tabs and will bolt onto the F104 but the servo mounting would need to be converted to F1R2 style.

Originally Posted by IlikeF1
Hi Mike,

Will the IFS be legal to run at IIC? (if it is out by then)

Any idea on the price?

Thanks,
Nick
IFS is legal for UF1 and it seems IIC are using UF1 rules but that's all I know.

Price is something that needs to be worked out along with a release date.

Originally Posted by alonzo
Mike,
Thanks for the quick response. And thanks for a quality conversion kit. I've purchased the F1R2 pro conversion and adjustable front arm set. Everything is top notch! With a donor F104, I'm pretty close to being set. I'm really interested in the IFS when it hits. I've got some questions about some parts, but will send those to the support email.

P.S. I plan to attend 2015 Snowbirds, so there will be at least one Exotek there.

Zo
Go get 'em!
Old 08-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi guys,
just bought an f1r2 on the forum and this will be my first formula car.
Got a few questions though:
1. any weak points/ parts I need to get as spares
2. Which height adjusters fit? I got a tonload of 1/12th ones but will these work in the rear?
3. front springs the same, do 1/12th or pro10 front springs fit?

For the rest I hope, just another pancar ;-)

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.