Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team-Powers XPS V1.1 New Speedos

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Working with esc, mixing with the functions i believe i found (for me) a good start point with 10.5T

1 FWD / BRAKE
2 LIPO CUT AT 6.0V
3 DEAD BANK AT 6%
4 HEAT PROTECTION ON
5 REV FORCE AT 0%
6 BRAKE LEVEL AT 2
7 BRAKE FORCE AT 100%
8 DRAG BRAKE AT 6%
9 FWD LEVEL AT 2
10 PUNCH AT 0%
11 POWER BAND AT 100%
12 START RPM AT 5000
13 TIMING BURST AT 100%
14 TIMING BOOST AT 50%
15 TURBO DELAY AT 0.2 SEC
16 TURBO BOOST AT 30%

Timming on motor -3, FDR 7,3 ~ 7,7
Old 06-06-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Tomorrow I am going to be at the track all day testing on a small indoor track with a 6.5t plutonium motor, I have good starting point, but will post my findings. Then saturday i will be moving to a medium sized outdoor asphalt track using 6.5 or 7.5 plutonium motor, If my new order comes in i will be using 7.5t motor with TP battery and also am going to try one of the servos.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Tomorrow I am going to be at the track all day testing on a small indoor track with a 6.5t plutonium motor, I have good starting point, but will post my findings. Then saturday i will be moving to a medium sized outdoor asphalt track using 6.5 or 7.5 plutonium motor, If my new order comes in i will be using 7.5t motor with TP battery and also am going to try one of the servos.
How was the testing? Have you ran the 17.5 Plutonium motor? Thanks for the info!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by haywood
How was the testing? Have you ran the 17.5 Plutonium motor? Thanks for the info!
Testing went well except for one minor hick-up towards the end of the night. But no biggie, i was able to successfully complete my testing. 17.5 plutonium edition motor was my very first TP product i got as a Team driver for them so yes i have tried it. I love them, very smooth power band, and just as fast, if not faster then others such as reedy sonic and trinity revtech, however the final temps after a run are on average significantly lower than with such motors as reedy or revtech. Last weekend on a 140ft long track, i decided to push the motor to my limits (im sure it could take much more, but i dont like overheating stuff) and ran the temps to around 155* by gearing up, still had plenty of out-of-turn punch and top end, mod cars could only pull about 4-5 feet, not much when considering this was 17.5 blinky (non-ramping). Hope this answers your question, if you have anymore, please feel free, and more then happy to post them here. -Randy
Old 06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Randy, did you used new TP batteries?
Old 06-07-2012, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jonnydb
Randy, did you used new TP batteries?
Unfortunately not tonight. My order has not arrived yet and most likely will not be here in time to use this weekend. But will deffinately have them in time for next week testing and tuning.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sangyi41
Feeling very well with the XPS PRO!
feeling better than my old V2.1 HW
Old 06-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Unfortunately not tonight. My order has not arrived yet and most likely will not be here in time to use this weekend. But will deffinately have them in time for next week testing and tuning.
please posting all the setup here.thanx you!
Old 06-10-2012, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Well after my testing thursday june 7th I was using Team Powers XPS ESC and Team Powers 6.5t motor. Unfortunately my sensor cord went bad during a run and cased the esc to fail with lots of smoke, so i cannot post settings for that. However, on saturday i used a 13.5t plutonium motor paired with a tekin rs esc and team powers 36r tires on outdoor asphalt, The car was very fast and motor was cool temps, settings are below, I will use these to start with when i get new esc in the mail this week.

FDR- 6.68
Timing boost- 52
Turbo boost- 16
Timing start rpm- 5000
Turbo delay- .2
turbo ramp- 3.0
dead band- 10%

these settings should be close on the XPS PRO esc. will update next saturday with new speed control, motor, batts, servo, and tires
Old 06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Well after my testing thursday june 7th I was using Team Powers XPS ESC and Team Powers 6.5t motor. Unfortunately my sensor cord went bad during a run and cased the esc to fail with lots of smoke, so i cannot post settings for that. However, on saturday i used a 13.5t plutonium motor paired with a tekin rs esc and team powers 36r tires on outdoor asphalt, The car was very fast and motor was cool temps, settings are below, I will use these to start with when i get new esc in the mail this week.

FDR- 6.68
Timing boost- 52
Turbo boost- 16
Timing start rpm- 5000
Turbo delay- .2
turbo ramp- 3.0
dead band- 10%

these settings should be close on the XPS PRO esc. will update next saturday with new speed control, motor, batts, servo, and tires
Thats not good , is that what happens with these if the sensor goes bad it smokes the esc?
Also are these being submitted to roar for blinky approval?
Old 06-10-2012, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 303slowdown
Thats not good , is that what happens with these if the sensor goes bad it smokes the esc?
Also are these being submitted to roar for blinky approval?
It only smoked because the sensor cord got against the asphalt of the track and it wore the casing away and then it touched to the motor wire(phase wire)
and short circuited the esc.

Team Powers has submitted them for approval, I cannot disclose why they were denied originally for approval, however they are taking the necessary actions to make sure they pass the approval inspection test and will be allowed for the blinky class. They are allowed in all boost and mod classes.
Old 06-10-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

It only smoked because the sensor cord got against the asphalt of the track and it wore the casing away and then it touched to the motor wire(phase wire)
Ok that makes sense

Team Powers has submitted them for approval, I cannot disclose why they were denied originally for approval, however they are taking the necessary actions to make sure they pass the approval inspection test and will be allowed for the blinky class. They are allowed in all boost and mod classes.
Thanks for the info. Im pretty interested in these products
Old 06-10-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by 303slowdown

Thanks for the info. Im pretty interested in these products
If you have any more questions, let me know. We may meet in the future as i'll be making a trip out to the CORRC area very soon.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

If you have any more questions, let me know. We may meet in the future as i'll be making a trip out to the CORRC area very soon.
Very cool, i look forward to meeting you
Old 06-10-2012, 11:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Its very simple the current ESC did not meet the NO TIMING rule. Also when the new esc model is available Team Powers will submit it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.