Search
Like Tree2Likes

SERPENT S411 FWD

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

BJS414,

I so agree with you. Getting the setup right is mega rewarding with these cars and makes for super close racing. My fav part really is the "scale" look go the body shells. Awesome!

Mark las,

Same here in Malaysia. We are restricted to Speed Passion Reventon SCR and SP v3 17.5 motors. Mind you, they're not that slow! I think it's just right for this class of car!
Old 03-05-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zephuros
Marklas:

2.6:1. Depending on the length of your track, on a 17.5 non boosted anywhere between FDR of 3.0 and 4.0, depending of course on your race rules. Here in Malaysia there is one race on the calnedar where we run on a fairly long track and for that i even go down as low as 2.9. Watch it tho as heat builds up substantially in the motor.

You'll need incredibly small spurs and massive pinion for that. Get a 76T 64p spur from TOP. You can get monster size pinions (largest i have is a 70T) from Xenon.

Another thing you can do is to use taller ratios and learn to carry speed in corners - big advantage here is that you reduce wheelspin and preserve your tires!
About the motor heat - Can you rum longer heats than 5 min? In the old M-chassis class we was running 10min but not sure how long we can run in the new FWD class here in Denmark. Does not want to kill the motors to fast.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Marklas
About the motor heat - Can you rum longer heats than 5 min? In the old M-chassis class we was running 10min but not sure how long we can run in the new FWD class here in Denmark. Does not want to kill the motors to fast.
Yup. We run 5 minute heats but the finals are 7 mins! With air temps in the 30s and track temps exceeding 50C a big fan is a must, and with that and a gentle throttle finger will help preserve motors quite nicely.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Old 03-16-2014, 04:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marklas
Nice!
Old 03-22-2014, 12:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zephuros
Marklas:

2.6:1. Depending on the length of your track, on a 17.5 non boosted anywhere between FDR of 3.0 and 4.0, depending of course on your race rules. Here in Malaysia there is one race on the calnedar where we run on a fairly long track and for that i even go down as low as 2.9. Watch it tho as heat builds up substantially in the motor.

You'll need incredibly small spurs and massive pinion for that. Get a 76T 64p spur from TOP. You can get monster size pinions (largest i have is a 70T) from Xenon.

Another thing you can do is to use taller ratios and learn to carry speed in corners - big advantage here is that you reduce wheelspin and preserve your tires!
Just getting ready for the 2014 season. Just got the TOP 76T but a pinion under 63T can not reach the spur. What others spurs do you use?
Also need so find some other shrews for the motor so the pinion does not touch then.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Ive recently setup my S411 FF and i've run 2 packs through it and the stability and direction of the car, well to say the least i just can't get rite, its slides and slimes around the place, swaps direction when not on power.

I've tried laying the springs down in the rear but it its still slippery as anything.

Any advice on how to get this thing dialled? the track i run at is not considered a low grip track and i had fresh Ride 26's on it. So i've eliminated those options.

Any advice is recommended
Old 04-23-2014, 04:21 AM
Tech Regular

also mean appreciate and recommendation
Old 04-23-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

My gears only last about 60 laps on the dusty nitro tracks... Any hint to cover up the gears to project them?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:02 PM
Tech Adept

Marklas,

I typically run 76/64 or 76/67 and have no issues with meshing. I guess you'll have to go ever so slightly bigger if clearance is an issue. TOP makes a 76, 78, 80, 82, 84 and 88. I have most of them in my bag at all times!

Also I have a plastic cover to close up the gears. Will take a picture of it later and post. But, the diff and counter gears still get shredded after a while. No running away from that. Sadly.

SvndayNZ, post your setup here. Let's have a look. Ps, what springs you using? I have Ride yellow and write (260&248) I think and that works fine. Kit springs are a tad hard, but will work fine on a high grip track. Also, what boys shell are you running? Makes a big difference. The Tamiya Scirocco works best for me. Have tried the Honda CRZ and that was crap. Try driving the car around the same track without the body and see if it makes a difference.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

zephuros thanks, one of the local hobby shops here distributes Serpent i took it in to them. issues I had was overstear and a low traction back end so if you think of trying to correct oversear with a fishy back end it looks like a snake slimming up the track.

I had far too thin diff lube up the front, i had Muchmore 1000 as opposed to the kit 300.000. so i've swapped those around, i also had the sway bars setup wrong. I've replaced the Speed Passion civic body shell which was crap for a Tamiya Beams Integra. So I expect it'll do a lot better now
Old 04-27-2014, 11:25 PM
Tech Adept

SvndayNZ,

Glad to know you're all sorted now. I use putty in my diff and that works quite well for me. Also, I don't use sway bars on my car. It seems to work just fine without them.

Body shells - yes the BEAmS Integra was pretty good. I used that before. Sadly it's all thrashed up now and I can't use it. Will try to look for a new one. Try the scirocco if you get the chance. It seems to be the best out there, and I now only use it, and nothing else. You WILL like it hehe
Old 06-28-2017, 01:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Serpent s411ff

Hi snake friend...i wanna ask some question about s411ff.
I have a s411ff and want to change shock tower to a lower shock tower like s411 and floating servo. And my question is:
1. Is lower shock tower s411 can use in s411ff ??? Because many parts s411 similar with s411ff.

2. Anybody here know how to improve floating servo in s411ff ??? Or just use carbon servo holder in s411 eryx 2.0???

Thanks a lot
Old 06-28-2017, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I think the lower shock towers may mount to the bulkheads but will foul on the spur gear in the front so you may need to dremel the tower quite a bit to get it to fit. I don't think the floating servo mount will fit without drilling the chassis.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by QiuYanBao
Hi snake friend...i wanna ask some question about s411ff.
I have a s411ff and want to change shock tower to a lower shock tower like s411 and floating servo. And my question is:
1. Is lower shock tower s411 can use in s411ff ??? Because many parts s411 similar with s411ff.

2. Anybody here know how to improve floating servo in s411ff ??? Or just use carbon servo holder in s411 eryx 2.0???

Thanks a lot
I lowered shock towers and rcm-ss shocks front and rear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.