Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad? >

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Again, who want's to get it going? I will help all I can but I can't do it alone. 4 more people are needed and the odd number will stop any tied decisions. It can't be that hard to organize a basic plan and build from there. You guys know already that I am for two classes. Silvercan and one other maybe 21.5 or 17.5. Tires? Later. Let's work on the basics like chassis. Since all cars have been based on the F103 why worry about a few milimeters front or rear until a common spec can be had for all of them. Now, who want's to go from here? Don't be bashful. It's all for fun anyway right?
Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Which 104 are you buying? It maybe more than those others that you mentioned, but not that much more.

One of the guys here went to rcmart and was about to hit the button for a3racing F109 when they were $99 and thought he might as well get another until something breaks and he won't have the part on hand. $200+shipping and he has been making laps at every race. Now they are a little more and still worth the price to buy 2 of them.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mxrich
Again, who want's to get it going? I will help all I can but I can't do it alone. 4 more people are needed and the odd number will stop any tied decisions. It can't be that hard to organize a basic plan and build from there. You guys know already that I am for two classes. Silvercan and one other maybe 21.5 or 17.5. Tires? Later. Let's work on the basics like chassis. Since all cars have been based on the F103 why worry about a few milimeters front or rear until a common spec can be had for all of them. Now, who want's to go from here? Don't be bashful. It's all for fun anyway right?
It won't be me for many reasons. 1st off I don't know much about F1 thus far and 2nd you and I don't see eye to eye much of anything. lol I hope you do get 4 more and get a uniform set of rules going wether I agree with them or not.

Good luck!!

I vote RobK and BP Shadow.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

"The" Dasmopar
F104 Pro
Hobby Stop West raceway, Toledo Oh.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
It won't be me for many reasons. 1st off I don't know much about F1 thus far and 2nd you and I don't see eye to eye much of anything. lol I hope you do get 4 more and get a uniform set of rules going wether I agree with them or not.

Good luck!!

Gee thanks Mopar
Ok I'll bite, and if Robs up for it he probably knows the most of all of us. I have been doing F1 since 1989, but I have only really ever run Tamiya, with a brief stop in Kyoshoville.
I think we should get 2 from each region, maybe Lightfoot and Cuda to rep the left coast, me and Rob for the rustbelt, and then we need reps for the South and the right coast.
My rules wish list is pretty simple
1- Purpose designed F1 chassis (no Pro 10 pan car conversions) 200mm OAW MAX
2- Rubber tire only, maybe limited to 3 or 4 tire makes
3- 2S 21.5 brushless or TCS spec silvercan Johnson Unboosted and zero timing for brushless.
4- F1 representative paintjobs!!!! Either a replica of a past or present F1 scheme OR a fictitious scheme that could be believable as an F1 car. NO tribal flamed buggy schemes.
5- Fastlap qualifying and 15 or 20 minute mains with pitstops if doable at the race venue.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 240Z
Please respond with your handle and what car you are running/planning to run and the track you are/will be running at.
If someone has already listed your track, add your name to their post.
TryHard,
F104X1
RCI F1 Series, Shanghai, China....
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Elite

Oh yeah, almost forgot
BP SHADOW aka Brad Palmer aka F1PAINTLAB
F103, F104X1, Exotek F104 and whatever else I might decide to run
MSI Raceway Roseville,MI
Hobby Stop West Toledo, Ohio when I get the chance to get down there
Old 10-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Gee thanks Mopar
Ok I'll bite, and if Robs up for it he probably knows the most of all of us. I have been doing F1 since 1989, but I have only really ever run Tamiya, with a brief stop in Kyoshoville.
I think we should get 2 from each region, maybe Lightfoot and Cuda to rep the left coast, me and Rob for the rustbelt, and then we need reps for the South and the right coast.
3- 2S 21.5 brushless or TCS spec silvercan Johnson Unboosted and zero timing for brushless.
4- F1 representative paintjobs!!!! Either a replica of a past or present F1 scheme OR a fictitious scheme that could be believable as an F1 car. NO tribal flamed buggy schemes.
5- Fastlap qualifying and 15 or 20 minute mains with pitstops if doable at the race venue.
I would say not to limit the tires beyond rubber tire only. Definately blinky on the esc but with motor timing I think this needs to be left open simply because not every manufacturer's zero is the same.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BP SHADOW
Gee thanks Mopar
I heard that a wise man once said "Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way."
I tend to follow or get the hell out of the way.

As far as West Coast goes, you gotta admit that the Lightfoot and 240Z collaboration has done an amazing job rockin the F1 world with the Ultimate F1 efforts with Regular and Winter Series programs and Lightfoots incredible website. http://uf1series.com/index.html
If you haven't been there you need to check it out!
Rules, regulations, results, photo galleries as well as UF1 T shirt sales that help pay for an awesome photo album as a prize for the top 10 finishers of the series although I hear this will be the last one.

I think the rules here are simple and effective and history has proven this as there have been no concerns with cheating or "pushing" the boundaries to speak of.
The format cannot be topped, single fast lap qualifiers, triple mains for points based on final times/laps regardless of which main you happen to qualify for.

Another key to UF1 success has to be the fact that track owners have welcomed UF1 to also be run on "Off" days which is a great way to have our unique rules implemented as well as bringing an average of around 15 paid race entries to their place on a non race day.
Spectators get a kick out of the Real F1 type race format and we get noobs jumping in as a result.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Personally I like the rules package that Shadow outlined in his post, except I go along with UF1 with their rule about 190mm maximum width. Shadow's rule package is true to the spirit of a "true scale" F1 series.

One question though Shadow: where does the new 3Racing FGX car fit in, as it is not a pan car solid axle design? This is the car I am currently planning on getting; at least until Tamiya inevitably develops their own version of the FGX.

Shadow, will you be getting an FGX and doing one of your awesome paint and decal jobs on the FGX body?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dasmopar

Good luck!!

Our last series was 47 F1's in 2 classes.

If robk and bpshadow wants it then that's a good start. I just want to race.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I posted this in the wrong thread earlier

Originally Posted by texastc
I second everyone mentioned. And would love to help in Texas, but I'm pretty new to the scene. We are hashing out some local rules.
This would be awesome to get F1 going strong. And with real F1 returning to the US next year and twice in 2013 (Texas AND New York, look it up ) The momentum can continue

by the way, since the earlier post I erroneously dropped in wrong thread, Ive since found the ROAR rules, and it turns out that we pretty much came up with them for our local class
Old 10-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mxrich
Our last series was 47 F1's in 2 classes.

If robk and bpshadow wants it then that's a good start. I just want to race.
When was this? I have yet to see more than 5 F1's on any track in GA in the last 6 years!
Old 10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Personally I like the rules package that Shadow outlined in his post, except I go along with UF1 with their rule about 190mm maximum width. Shadow's rule package is true to the spirit of a "true scale" F1 series.

One question though Shadow: where does the new 3Racing FGX car fit in, as it is not a pan car solid axle design? This is the car I am currently planning on getting; at least until Tamiya inevitably develops their own version of the FGX.

Shadow, will you be getting an FGX and doing one of your awesome paint and decal jobs on the FGX body?
Yes I can do bodies for the FGX, I put in a dealer app with 3racing as I would like to carry cars and parts, but I have yet to hear back from them.
As far as where the car fits, it is a purpose designed F1 chassis, so I say run it, thats why I am not so hung up on this width issue.
Old 10-25-2011, 09:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To be a True F1 purist, we need No pan car conversions , no rear solid axles !!! Stop looking at the front end only and concentrate on the whole car: rear independent suspensions only !!! Get a FGX or Nothing !!! If it's not a fgx , it's pan car based ok !!!!!! So no more F103's, F104's, F109's : they are all pan car based buddy !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.