Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New CRC Gen Xi 12th car.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Max, I know this isn't the right thread, but would you be willing to share your WGT setup from the Carpet Nats?
Old 03-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Max K
This is my setup from there

.55 front springs
30k on kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims back
long arm and brace
.404 kingpin
servo up
shock all the way back
4mm shim under front of shock
white center spring
30wt oil
white side springs
half turn preload
30k in tubes
battery forward
4mm droop
4mm ride height all the way around
magenta front
pink rear
Is that your mod or stock setup max and if stock can you post your mod setup also.
Old 03-23-2012, 09:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

I just recently got into racing 1/12th scale and have been running my xi with the inline configuration and the shorty pack. For the guys who have run the car in both configurations, which do you prefer? Is one better than the other or is it up to personal preference? It seems that I can't find a setup for the inline configuration so I am thinking most everyone likes the conventional battery setup instead. BTW, we run 13.5 blinky at my track.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

The setup Max posted should be a decent place to start for inline. Maybe .50 front springs, 20k in tubes, A little less droop, I do not shim up the front of my shock, you can do long or short arm depending on the track conditions.

The car is very nimble with the shorty pack inline. It also is underweight, so keep on eye on that if your track checks that.

When I ran inline, I basically ran the car out of the box with 10k-30k in the tubes. The higher the bite, the thicker you want to go in the tubes. You want to run the thinnest lube you can without the car trying to lift.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
Old 03-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LosiSean
Giving this thread a bump.

Does anyone who was running the Gen Xi at the ROAR Carpet nats several days ago in Dallas have a setup that they would like to share? I'm going to be running my car there in 17.5T blinky when I build it. Thanks in advance!
I sure ain't Max, but I race there weekly with an Xi. You're welcome anytime to come take a look at my car.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by dumper
The setup Max posted should be a decent place to start for inline. Maybe .50 front springs, 20k in tubes, A little less droop, I do not shim up the front of my shock, you can do long or short arm depending on the track conditions.

The car is very nimble with the shorty pack inline. It also is underweight, so keep on eye on that if your track checks that.

When I ran inline, I basically ran the car out of the box with 10k-30k in the tubes. The higher the bite, the thicker you want to go in the tubes. You want to run the thinnest lube you can without the car trying to lift.

Brian Wynn

Team CRC
Thanks for the reply, I have just been running the stock setup for the last couple of weeks and I thought the car handled great just seeing if I am missing something since I am the only one running a crc in the area.

Last edited by Stlfc; 03-23-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I sure ain't Max, but I race there weekly with an Xi. You're welcome anytime to come take a look at my car.
I appreciate that. When I finally get this thing built, get electronics for it, and get a chance to come up there and run, I'll take you up on that offer. Racing in Killeen and Waco keeps me kinda busy. lol
Old 03-23-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Max, I know this isn't the right thread, but would you be willing to share your WGT setup from the Carpet Nats?
WGT 2012 carpet nats setup

.50 front springs
12th kingpin set at .404
short arm
long arm brace under caster block
wide front plate
short wheel base
0 toe
servo up
5 degree caster blocks
all shims back
-.5 camber
new steering block and axle
front of battery against the back of the servo
red center spring
30wt oil
30k in tubes
red side springs
0 preload
1mm droop
4mm ride height front
4.2mm center
4.5mm rear
Old 03-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
Is that your mod or stock setup max and if stock can you post your mod setup also.
Mod 12th 2012 carpet nats setup

50 front springs
no lube on kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims back
long arm with upper pin brace
.404 kingpin
servo up
shock all the way forward
long upper shock mount
blue center spring
35wt oil in shock
white side springs
0 preload
50K in tubes
battery 3mm away from center shock mount
1.5mm droop
3.8mm front ride height
3.9mm middle
4.0mm rear
Magenta front
Pink rear
BlackArt Mohawk body
HobbyWing ESC
Revtech 3.5 24/88

Last edited by Max K; 03-23-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Mod 12th 2012 carpet nats setup

50 front springs
no lube on kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims back
long arm with upper pin brace
.404 kingpin
servo up
shock all the way forward
long upper shock mount
blue center spring
35wt oil in shock
white side springs
0 preload
battery 3mm away from center shock mount
1.5mm droop
3.8mm front ride height
3.9mm middle
4.0mm rear
Magenta front
Pink rear
BlackArt Mohawk body
HobbyWing ESC
Revtech 3.5 24/88
what was the side lube?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
what was the side lube?
Old 03-23-2012, 08:36 PM
Suspended

Awesome looking car
Old 03-24-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Addict

Default setup

new to 1/12 scale pan car learning to set up is there anything out their in cyber would that can show me how to set up the car as far as diagrams that show where to take measurements or if anyone on here can tell me. the car that i have is two crc xi one inline the other standard running 17.5 blinkey motor revtech 1s hw esc and the other lrp sxx
Old 03-25-2012, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Team CRC
Thanks CD.

The team did well with Max winning World GT and strong results in all the other classes.

In World GT, 70% of the field was the CRC Gen-X 10 LE. In the A-main, Max led a ton of laps and took the win. Jari Taskila was 3rd with a bunch of CRC cars in tow. At different points during qualifying, Wynn, Kuenning, Taskila and myself were in the top 3.

In 17.5 1:12, the CRC team did very well. Dave Johnson (2nd) actually ran down the eventual winner, passing him twice only to have a small tap and racing incident cause him to fall back. I qualified 4th and in the 4th round set fast lap and fast last laps. Unfortunately, I hit everything but the lottery that round and did not capitalize on the speed on my Hobbywing powered Gen Xi. Jimmy Piersol put his Xi in the main as well.

In 13.5, Andrew Knapp and Max Kuenning made the A-main in a VERY deep and tough field that included the World Champ Naoto Matsukura. Knapp held TQ after 2 rounds but slipped to forth. In the A-main, Knapp reeled in the leader (Mobers-T.Q.) from his 4th position, clearly taking big chunks of real estate from the leading car only to crash and fall back. Again, Andrew would reel in Mobers and get very close and again crash and lose time. With about 1:30 to go, Andrew had time for one more charge and clearly again made ground, however he ran out of time. A 2nd place finish a solid result for the Gen Xi. To Mober's credit, the old man from Germany taught the kid from Michigan a lesson on how to drive, Marcus did not hit touch a board the entire race. A great job.

In modified 1:12th... early in practice, the mad man Andrew Knapp was wildly fast, running down and passing the World Champ and anyone else who was on the track. With Andrew in his first year in Mod, the kid knows only one speed; full throttle. He won a lot of 13.5 and 17.5 races driving that way, however, ringing the neck of a 3.5 isn't always the fastest way around the track. It is however very exciting to watch. Knapp took a 5th place finish in 1:12th modified with the Gen-Xi and CRC tires. While he did not win this time, the speed and laptimes that he and his CRC car are capable of are quite impressive.

Cool to see CRC batteries in many cars and thanks to our team work with Powerpush batteries, CRC/Powerpush packs were in a LOT of oval cars.

All in all, a good result for the CRC team.

Thanks for all the support.

Frank
Max, great results. I have been watching you race sense you were a 15 year old kid. Two stock 12th scale national championships and a Snowbirds title and to many TQ's to keep track of. Frank has a pretty good driver on his team

Talk to ya soon

Jerome
Old 03-25-2012, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

This is my setup from there

.55 front springs
30k on kingpin
5 degree blocks
all shims back
long arm and brace
.404 kingpin
servo up
shock all the way back
white center spring
30wt oil
white side springs
half turn preload
30k in tubes
battery forward
4mm droop
4mm ride height all the way around
magenta front
pink rear
Max, thanks for posting all your setups. I have a couple questions if you have time to answer them.

First, what was the deciding factor in you running Magenta/Pink tires instead of Black/Greylow or Black/Yellow on your blinky car? Was there a particular set of circumstances that dictated your choice (ie: that we were using Paragon, or the age of the carpet)? I noticed Kenny Lambert was running Mag/Pink @ the IIC.... is this a common tire setup for Team CRC's blinky cars @ the big races?

Secondly, it looks like you were running a stiffer front end with very little caster... but A LOT of pod droop. Was the goal to stiffen the front end so it scrubbed less speed and depend on weight transfer to get the car to rotate?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.