Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New VTA body release

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

I say the body looks great and keeps well within the spirit of the class, If pure realism is the point, then run a 380 motor on a 1s and make them as slow as possible, then spectators won't miss any of the amazing detail and the bodies that break easily won't suffer.

Ok, sarcasm aside, point is that this is a class for competitive racing and strong shells that work well are going to be in demand. Only gripe I would have with this shell is that I would want detail decals on a close level to HPI / Protoform. Not only for making things easy but also to prevent guys from being tempted to just slap a one-color no detail shell down like you see so often in TC at the club level.

I think this will be the next shell I try
Old 05-13-2012, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flyingm
Thanks for all the posts....and criticisms.

Just so you know....even though we have been making RC bodies for 30 years, we are still a small Mom and Pop business and some things that are done in China with big dollars and big quantities just aren't feasible for us.

Also keep in mind there are limitations to the shapes we can Vacuum Form. It's not like injection molded plastic models. Our RC cars are not necessarily scale proportions either, so we have to fudge a little. I don't know how the larger manufacturers create their molds, but there are no computers or machining involved in any of our molds.

Based on the photos above and adjusting for the simplicity of the forming process, I don't think we're that far off. Not trying to change anybody's opinion, just giving you some idea of how we do it.

The law of large numbers also limits what we can do for detail decals. What we have available for Nascar and Late Models is very good. Wish our road racing sales were higher to justify decal production. Coincidentally, we will have a bunch of new decals available within a few weeks.

We certainly can't please everybody, but we appreciate all those that do support our product line. At least you know you are getting product made by a racer.
Thank you McAllister Racing for being there all these years, and for staying true to Dirt Oval racers! Thanks for staying a Mom and Pop operation, and for keeping your production here in THE USA!!!

I have used your products since 1988 and it never ceases to amaze me when I see new bodies posted on your website. Thanks for being there for those of us who have enjoyed your products over these many years. For those who can do nothing more than complain, I hope YOUR JOB gets outsourced to China.
Old 05-13-2012, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Over the years I've probably run over 50 of Gary's bodies, dirt oval 1/10 and 1/18, truck, bombers, 1/12, Nascar, you name it, they've all been great. For the price add your own decals, use your imagination, be original. his new corvette gran am body is fantastic. Call up, order a body, Gary may be the one to take your order, great guy to talk to. That ain't going to happen with anyone else! Now Gary, let's see a Chevy VTA.