Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Xray T3 2012

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Here's a Parma T2 bumper from a couple of years ago when they tried adding cutouts. They've since stopped doing that, it seems.

That powder on my scale is baby formula.

Old 08-30-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yeah Baby formula........
Old 08-30-2012, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

the servo holder in the pic of the xrat 2013
looks a lot like
µ-Pro Photon optional servo mount set
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me

Says the guy with humping unicorns as his avatar.. I don't believe it for a second
Old 08-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by eds24
Says the guy with humping unicorns as his avatar.. I don't believe it for a second
Now that made me LOL!!
Old 08-31-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default servo mount

Ok fellas, i just bought and mounted the xray center servo mount. I cut off the extended chassis nub, which i did notice chassis rub on carpet.

What should i expect to feel different about the car? More traction where, front/rear, or both? Should i be able to throw the car harder into a end of straight sweeper, and not lift, as much, because the chassis will be able to flex/dive, and not hit the carpet?

I did notice that i could move the mount/servo by hand, outside of the servo front to back, like it is not as sturdy as the original. Is that OK?

Sorry for the long winded questionaire. Just trying to get an idea what to look for/expect.

thanks
Old 08-31-2012, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bigz84
What should i expect to feel different about the car? More traction where, front/rear, or both? Should i be able to throw the car harder into a end of straight sweeper, and not lift, as much, because the chassis will be able to flex/dive, and not hit the carpet?
You will notice that your wallet is lighter, that about covers it...
Old 08-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Tech Elite

Ok fellas, i just bought and mounted the xray center servo mount. I cut off the extended chassis nub, which i did notice chassis rub on carpet.

I did notice that i could move the mount/servo by hand, outside of the servo front to back, like it is not as sturdy as the original. Is that OK?

Sorry for the long winded questionaire. Just trying to get an idea what to look for/expect.

thanks
As you stated you will be able to remove the nub and not have your car rub and get pulled or pushed. You won't feel more traction except maybe in the middle of the corner. The car should have more flex which technically would give more traction in the middle of the corner. So if you are running enough speed to transfer weight you should notice a slight difference. It will not be extensive although if you were dragging the nub on the carpet I am curious how you didn't notice a difference right away as that can cause your car not to get a full suspension travel meaning your right handed turns might not get full suspension travel.
Old 08-31-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NolanP
As you stated you will be able to remove the nub and not have your car rub and get pulled or pushed. You won't feel more traction except maybe in the middle of the corner. The car should have more flex which technically would give more traction in the middle of the corner. So if you are running enough speed to transfer weight you should notice a slight difference. It will not be extensive although if you were dragging the nub on the carpet I am curious how you didn't notice a difference right away as that can cause your car not to get a full suspension travel meaning your right handed turns might not get full suspension travel.
Thanks Nolan. there were times were i would into a high speed section and the car would step out, which i am thinking was the chassis dragging. it would happen every so often, so i hope this takes care of that.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Nolan. there were times were i would into a high speed section and the car would step out, which i am thinking was the chassis dragging. it would happen every so often, so i hope this takes care of that.
Cool I hope that fixes it. I know a lot of us were trying narrow chassis's at the Nats. By actually shaping it using a dremel. I wasn't one of em but I know a lot of the Mod boys were getting enough flex during this one high speed chicane where they were dragging. So they shaved that off and trimmed some other graphite off.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
Anyone have a pic of a Novak GTB2 installed on one of these? Trying to figure out how to put the electronics on with this mega capacitor.
Its not a Xray but a similar setup with a similar speed control, I cut notches in the power slots of the speed control so you don't have the extreme bends in the wire to make the contacts. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Johnny Wishbone; 01-01-2013 at 05:40 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

That did help thanks!

Another question...

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to having the battery plugs one way or the other?
Old 09-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PROMODVETTE
That did help thanks!

Another question...

Is there an advantage/disadvantage to having the battery plugs one way or the other?
short wires are lighter and will cause less voltage drop (not much though)
Old 09-01-2012, 04:05 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

I believe the plug side of the battery is lighter. I have been experimenting with plugs toward the back and it takes away a little over steer.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Its not a Xray but a similar setup with a similar speed control, I cut notches in the power slots of the speed control so you don't have the extreme bends in the wire to make the contacts. Hope that helps.
Here is another example, this time in a T3 12. This is a Havok SC Pro.

Snowy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.