Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree14Likes

Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

If you buy the Tamiya RM01X carbon chassis, you can use the Team Associated front setup 12r5 and up. I won't really recommend just sending you a piece of paper with some xerox copy of the holes, it will be out of place but stacking a chassis to a plate to make new is more ideal. Let me know if you still need a xerox copy of the RM01x chassis, I can make you one since I have that car.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail
If you buy the Tamiya RM01X carbon chassis, you can use the Team Associated front setup 12r5 and up. I won't really recommend just sending you a piece of paper with some xerox copy of the holes, it will be out of place but stacking a chassis to a plate to make new is more ideal. Let me know if you still need a xerox copy of the RM01x chassis, I can make you one since I have that car.
First of all, thank you for getting back to me so soon. Yes, if you could do a high res scan, that would be really good. it will put us in the ball park, and some attention to detail will calipers will seal the deal. It is just hard to get tire size wit the foams with the very high offset the arms have. This car is proving capable running box stock, but I think that speed merchant new school front end would really move it up the grid. Thanks again.
JOC
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Finally got an X! Partially assembled by previous owner. Will finish soon. Had to share this side by side with an R6
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Default Made by? Made for?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure that is a chassis conversion to make the RM-01 into a "Mini" compatible chassis. Able to use wheel rims with a 12mm hex and rubber tires, as well as taller body mounts for scale looking "Mini" bodies.

Tech Racing is a Japanese manufacturer. Not much market share outside of their country. This conversion was likely produced as an answer to the Yokomo GT500 platform.
Yokomo GT5-R35 GT500 Motul Autech GT-R
Rick Vessell and tommy911t like this.
Old 04-24-2021, 10:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello, I purchased a Toyota Tom Tamiya kit off eBay this morning. I am pretty sure I was gouged pretty good on the amount I paid, but The price thing was not so much a big deal given I am semi retired. What is a big deal to me was the fact that every time I am able to get onto eBay, The RM-01 chassis kits are not usually posted. Well what I been wanting is a a unassembled kit with the factory box. Well I bought one today. Anyhow, the reason I bought this car and have been looking to buy one now for quite some time, is I want to learn how to adjust car chassis for better handling. To learn what adjustments do what to the handling of a car. I figured from looking at the chassis, it appears to have the least amount of adjustments. I actually have a new TA05 chassis kit on its way too, but regardless, I always like the RM-01 chassis for what appears to be its simplicity. The TA05 is for down the road if I decide to race or become more competitive. I guess the question is if this is a good chassis to learn on. I don't mind making it into another bookend for my library if be it, but am I approaching this correctly? Is the RM-01 chassis a good chassis to learn how to tune handling characteristics of rc cars? I plan to use it at local indoor carpet track if I can find one. Worse case scenario I suppose I buy some carpet from RCCarpet.com, but hopefully I can locate some indoor road racing tracks locally.

A little history on my rc car experience is pretty much 99% parking lot/backyard thrashing and wanna be racing with local neighborhood kids. Though it might be good to finally go back and learn to make proper adjustments and actually learn to drive the right way.
tommy911t likes this.
Old 04-24-2021, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by webphut
Hello, I purchased a Toyota Tom Tamiya kit off eBay this morning. I am pretty sure I was gouged pretty good on the amount I paid, but The price thing was not so much a big deal given I am semi retired. What is a big deal to me was the fact that every time I am able to get onto eBay, The RM-01 chassis kits are not usually posted. Well what I been wanting is a a unassembled kit with the factory box. Well I bought one today. Anyhow, the reason I bought this car and have been looking to buy one now for quite some time, is I want to learn how to adjust car chassis for better handling. To learn what adjustments do what to the handling of a car. I figured from looking at the chassis, it appears to have the least amount of adjustments. I actually have a new TA05 chassis kit on its way too, but regardless, I always like the RM-01 chassis for what appears to be its simplicity. The TA05 is for down the road if I decide to race or become more competitive. I guess the question is if this is a good chassis to learn on. I don't mind making it into another bookend for my library if be it, but am I approaching this correctly? Is the RM-01 chassis a good chassis to learn how to tune handling characteristics of rc cars? I plan to use it at local indoor carpet track if I can find one. Worse case scenario I suppose I buy some carpet from RCCarpet.com, but hopefully I can locate some indoor road racing tracks locally.

A little history on my rc car experience is pretty much 99% parking lot/backyard thrashing and wanna be racing with local neighborhood kids. Though it might be good to finally go back and learn to make proper adjustments and actually learn to drive the right way.
I’m not familiar with the car. But I saw your other post in 1/12. Yes. You can drive 1/12 outdoor. I’ve run on tennis courts a few times.

I’m not familiar with this car. Being 10 years old, I don’t know how it would hold up against new cars. You’ll probably find far more information in this thread then 1/12. Something about this scale that makes people forget this is supposed to be fun

Old 06-09-2021, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Here's a review that may help explain this car's tuning:
https://www.thercracer.com/2013/08/b...iya-rm01x.html
https://www.thercracer.com/2013/09/t...ew-part-2.html
Old 06-28-2021, 09:39 AM
Tech Master

OK, finishing this up for some fun laps(ive got an R6 for racing.) Now thinking TBLE-02S Brushless ESC and a brushless motor. Maybe silvercan 540, cuz theyre so easy and fun.

Anyone have experience with Life batts and where to get them? Otherwise, Im comfortable with a 2S.

Thanks in advance

Old 06-28-2021, 11:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tommy911t
OK, finishing this up for some fun laps(ive got an R6 for racing.) Now thinking TBLE-02S Brushless ESC and a brushless motor. Maybe silvercan 540, cuz theyre so easy and fun.

Anyone have experience with Life batts and where to get them? Otherwise, Im comfortable with a 2S.
Oddly enough, I've used a LiFe battery from Spektrum that is available on Amazon in one of my twelfth scales. (Spektrum 2200mAh 2S 6.6V Li-Fe Receiver Battery)
It fit perfectly between the link arms of my X12.
tommy911t likes this.
Old 09-13-2021, 07:17 PM
Tech Rookie

So I started assembling my very old technology, New in box, RM-01. The rear pivot; I have a question on the pivot. There are 2 flat head screws which mount from under the deck and then there are two that attach from above, which attaches the top portion of the torsion limiter assembly and arm and such...anyways, if you follow me, how loose do I need to leave the pivot( the 4 flat head screws). Do I leave all four screws loose enough for the pivot to be totally free moving? I noticed that if I tighten the top screws, it locks up the pivot to where it only swivels up and down. the yaw is eliminated. Looking at the way the pivot is designed, it looks to me as if it needs to be able to swivel in all directions freely.
Old 09-14-2021, 06:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

So I started assembling my very old technology, New in box, RM-01. The rear pivot; I have a question on the pivot. There are 2 flat head screws which mount from under the deck and then there are two that attach from above, which attaches the top portion of the torsion limiter assembly and arm and such...anyways, if you follow me, how loose do I need to leave the pivot( the 4 flat head screws). Do I leave all four screws loose enough for the pivot to be totally free moving? I noticed that if I tighten the top screws, it locks up the pivot to where it only swivels up and down. the yaw is eliminated. Looking at the way the pivot is designed, it looks to me as if it needs to be able to swivel in all directions freely.
Yes, as per the instructions - do not overtighten.
It does need to swivel freely.
Tighten the fasteners until you feel a slight increase in resistance. If you notice any friction in the pivot ball as you swivel it, loosen each fastener a quarter turn at a time until you have free movement. This is a finnicky adjustment, but is critical to proper pod movement and traction.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Ok. That’s how I did it. TY!

simple likes this.
Old 11-19-2021, 05:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RedBullFiXX
Looks like Tamiya is getting back into 12th scale with the new for 2012 R/C RM-01
58509 1/12 Toyota TOM’S 84C (new RWD-chassis)

Man. This picture is amazing!
JoeyE and tommy911t like this.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I think I went a little to far with my build (possible sale)

robk likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.