Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master" >

Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"

Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya 1/12 R/C RM-01 "Racing Master"

Old 01-03-2021, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

If you buy the Tamiya RM01X carbon chassis, you can use the Team Associated front setup 12r5 and up. I won't really recommend just sending you a piece of paper with some xerox copy of the holes, it will be out of place but stacking a chassis to a plate to make new is more ideal. Let me know if you still need a xerox copy of the RM01x chassis, I can make you one since I have that car.
Old 01-03-2021, 06:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SuperFastSnail View Post
If you buy the Tamiya RM01X carbon chassis, you can use the Team Associated front setup 12r5 and up. I won't really recommend just sending you a piece of paper with some xerox copy of the holes, it will be out of place but stacking a chassis to a plate to make new is more ideal. Let me know if you still need a xerox copy of the RM01x chassis, I can make you one since I have that car.
First of all, thank you for getting back to me so soon. Yes, if you could do a high res scan, that would be really good. it will put us in the ball park, and some attention to detail will calipers will seal the deal. It is just hard to get tire size wit the foams with the very high offset the arms have. This car is proving capable running box stock, but I think that speed merchant new school front end would really move it up the grid. Thanks again.
JOC
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Finally got an X! Partially assembled by previous owner. Will finish soon. Had to share this side by side with an R6
Rick Vessell likes this.
Old 01-06-2021, 09:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Default Made by? Made for?

Old 01-07-2021, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

I'm pretty sure that is a chassis conversion to make the RM-01 into a "Mini" compatible chassis. Able to use wheel rims with a 12mm hex and rubber tires, as well as taller body mounts for scale looking "Mini" bodies.

Tech Racing is a Japanese manufacturer. Not much market share outside of their country. This conversion was likely produced as an answer to the Yokomo GT500 platform.
Yokomo GT5-R35 GT500 Motul Autech GT-R
tommy911t likes this.