Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anyone else experience a lack of product support w/ diggity designs? >

Anyone else experience a lack of product support w/ diggity designs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else experience a lack of product support w/ diggity designs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 06:43 PM
Tech Adept

well I know Damon and he is a stand up guy. I am sure this is a discontinued item. I have used this brace to much success and had no problems. Damon has been buying graphite from the same sources that other manufactures purchase from. This is a narrow part and be very easy to brack apart from a impact...not saying this is what happened and of course this could be easily resolve. I will contact damon and mention this thread.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cookie1
well I know Damon and he is a stand up guy. I am sure this is a discontinued item. I have used this brace to much success and had no problems. Damon has been buying graphite from the same sources that other manufactures purchase from. This is a narrow part and be very easy to brack apart from a impact...not saying this is what happened and of course this could be easily resolve. I will contact damon and mention this thread.
Well I would appreciate that. Damon is the one who replied to my email. I sent him a polite email explaining my dissatisfaction with his lack of any support and he never replied.

Dave
Old 09-15-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Yes
Yes, shocking that a thin unsupported carbon brace sticking half an inch off the side of the chassis can have impact damage. Oh, forgot it is above the chassis. Good luck.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Yes, shocking that a thin unsupported carbon brace sticking half an inch off the side of the chassis can have impact damage. Oh, forgot it is above the chassis. Good luck.
Let me reiterate for the reading challenged. There are no marks on the underside (impact, scratches etc.) to substantiate your comment. if there was some scratching or other damage to indicate there was impact I could understand what you are saying but the fact of the matter is this is been on for 4 races and there is not a single mark on the underside of this brace to indicate any reasons for graphite to mysteriously have layers separating.. beyond all of this, the battery sits at least a quarter inch lower than the brace so the battery would sustain any impact from the bottom or side. my battery is still scratch free also. This post wasn't even about how it happened but the lack of support from the vendor.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Let me reiterate for the reading challenged. There are no marks on the underside (impact, scratches etc.) to substantiate your comment. if there was some scratching or other damage to indicate there was impact I could understand what you are saying but the fact of the matter is this is been on for 4 races and there is not a single mark on the underside of this brace to indicate any reasons for graphite to mysteriously have layers separating.. beyond all of this, the battery sits at least a quarter inch lower than the brace so the battery would sustain any impact from the bottom or side. my battery is still scratch free also. This post wasn't even about how it happened but the lack of support from the vendor.
As I said. Good luck. They should respond regardless.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Almost every cf peice made for our cars today need prep and ca glue to fully seal them. im not blaiming you or diggity but it sounds like it de laminated because of moisture. happens all the time with cf.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Get one of those $1599/hour lawyers and sue them ! If you can't , then go cry to your mama !!! I have used their products in my Fttc4s without a glitch, and I had to dremel one millimeter of carbon off each side of the braces because I accidentally purchased 45mm wide braces for my 47mm wide packs !!!! Keep up the good work Diggity Designs.......
Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
Get one of those $1599/hour lawyers and sue them ! If you can't , then go cry to your mama !!! I have used their products in my Fttc4s without a glitch, and I had to dremel one millimeter of carbon off each side of the braces because I accidentally purchased 45mm wide braces for my 47mm wide packs !!!! Keep up the good work Diggity Designs.......
So the fact that you are an immature moron who isn't even competent enough to order the right product has what basis in this post??? Do you think that really will make people value your opinion?? Please stay out of my post unless you have some type of pertinent and useful information to add.

Dave
Old 09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by smokinu
Almost every cf peice made for our cars today need prep and ca glue to fully seal them. im not blaiming you or diggity but it sounds like it de laminated because of moisture. happens all the time with cf.
That is well and good but how is the customer supposed to know this? Is it assumed the end user has the knowledge of carbon fiber to do this without exception? If not, it is the RESPONSIBILITY of the vendor to provide the information needed to keep their product from falling apart. I wouldn't sell you a Server without an operating system assuming you know that if you wanted to run exchange properly and reliable that you needed windows server. IMO if that is the reasoning behind why this failed, that is far worse than the fact that it failed to begin with. A vendor should NEVER assume the customer knows more about the material than them. The customer will assume if they are paying good money for a product that it will reliably accomplish the job it was designed to do (WITHOUT MODIFICATION) unless otherwise specified. Just my .02 though. YRMV.
Dave
Old 09-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs down

Stop bashing their products ! You're making a Fool of yourself !!!! How odd that you're the only one with problems in the whole world ! Stop posting period ! Don't tell them how to reply to your email when it's obvious you're slandering them !!! Who do you work for ??? If there is an administrator around , please delete this thread, and definitely delete the Cry Baby..............
Old 09-16-2011, 01:20 AM
Tech Champion

AGAIN, eventhough I scraped two millimeter of carbon off each side of the diggity design braces, they were still strong enough to take hits after hits, rollover crashes, and a hit so hard it disconnected my battery pack !!!! I got hit by 8scale cars , traction rolled many times, etc, still not a hint of failure !!! I know times are tough in IL moneywise , but don't blame diggity design !!!!!
Old 09-16-2011, 01:28 AM
Tech Champion

Smile

Thank god, TTVERT finally got it ! Diggity Designs can breath a sigh of relief....wow .....
Old 09-16-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
AGAIN, eventhough I scraped two millimeter of carbon off each side of the diggity design braces, they were still strong enough to take hits after hits, rollover crashes, and a hit so hard it disconnected my battery pack !!!! I got hit by 8scale cars , traction rolled many times, etc, still not a hint of failure !!! I know times are tough in IL moneywise , but don't blame diggity design !!!!!
Listen guy, you're just showing your lack of education each time you hit a key.
First off slander is false information which none of this is. But the deal breaker here is that slander is by definition "defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc."

So, PLEASE go away so the grown ups can discuss this problem. No more of your comments will be addressed and hopefully the mods will be by soon to gently remove you from here.

Have a good day
Dave
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Listen guy, you're just showing your lack of education each time you hit a key.
First off slander is false information which none of this is. But the deal breaker here is that slander is by definition "defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc."

So, PLEASE go away so the grown ups can discuss this problem. No more of your comments will be addressed and hopefully the mods will be by soon to gently remove you from here.

Have a good day
Dave
If you have a problem contact diggity designs , bashing the company here is not going to do any good to anyone. I don't see any reason to remove any user from this thread .

But what I see is a thread that is going no where and I think it should be closed by now , but I will leave it open for now.
Old 09-16-2011, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Look at the bright side, even broken (the brace) you still probably doubled the value of your TC5....

Mike Slaughter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.