Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Anyone else experience a lack of product support w/ diggity designs? >

Anyone else experience a lack of product support w/ diggity designs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone else experience a lack of product support w/ diggity designs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default Anyone else experience a lack of product support w/ diggity designs?

Long story short in May I purchased one of their LIPO holders for my TC5. I've been doing mostly offroad so I've got MAYBE 4 race days on it. I discovered the layers have started to delaminate in the thin portion on the outboard side of the chassis. This part of the holder is about 1/4" wide so there is little material for the epoxy to bit I'm guessing.

I contacted diggity designs to attempt to resolve the issue and unfortunatly all I got back was a "it's over 4 months old we can't help you" response. Now, I understand a part can be manhandled and broken but this is clearly a workmanship issue w/ the adhesion of the layers. What bothers me most aside from the fact they instantly chose not to stand behind their products is they didn't even make an effort to perhaps ask for a pic to see the obvious that this is a workmanship issue. For what they charge for a tiny carbon fiber piece you'd think they'd be more apt to support their product. I know for a fact that I won't be buying any other mor eexpensive chassis parts from them in fear they will just react the same way if/when the chassis does delaminate. Anyone else experience a similar issue with diggity designs? I'll put a pic up later to show exactly what is happening.

Thanks for reading
Dave
Old 09-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Elite

So nobody has had delamination or customer support issues with these guys?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

More likely not many people have actually purchased anything from them.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
More likely not many people have actually purchased anything from them.
Well this is food for thought for those who are considering it.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
Long story short in May I purchased one of their LIPO holders for my TC5. I've been doing mostly offroad so I've got MAYBE 4 race days on it. I discovered the layers have started to delaminate in the thin portion on the outboard side of the chassis. This part of the holder is about 1/4" wide so there is little material for the epoxy to bit I'm guessing.

I contacted diggity designs to attempt to resolve the issue and unfortunatly all I got back was a "it's over 4 months old we can't help you" response. Now, I understand a part can be manhandled and broken but this is clearly a workmanship issue w/ the adhesion of the layers. What bothers me most aside from the fact they instantly chose not to stand behind their products is they didn't even make an effort to perhaps ask for a pic to see the obvious that this is a workmanship issue. For what they charge for a tiny carbon fiber piece you'd think they'd be more apt to support their product. I know for a fact that I won't be buying any other mor eexpensive chassis parts from them in fear they will just react the same way if/when the chassis does delaminate. Anyone else experience a similar issue with diggity designs? I'll put a pic up later to show exactly what is happening.

Thanks for reading
Dave
Did you sand/seal the outside edge where it is most likely to get damaged? Four or fifty races is somewhat irrelevant as it only takes one good hit to mess up carbon. I know a couple people using their TC5 lipo holder and neither experienced the same problem but it is hard to draw a conclusion from a sample that small. If it is a straight up delamination with no impact damage I think you have a right to be pissed.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Chaz955i
Did you sand/seal the outside edge where it is most likely to get damaged? Four or fifty races is somewhat irrelevant as it only takes one good hit to mess up carbon. I know a couple people using their TC5 lipo holder and neither experienced the same problem but it is hard to draw a conclusion from a sample that small. If it is a straight up delamination with no impact damage I think you have a right to be pissed.
I didn't sand or seal as i assumed the manufacturer would tell me if that was required to keep their product in one piece. I liked the design too, it's s shame.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:21 PM
Tech Master

I didn't sand or seal as i assumed the manufacturer would tell me if that was required to keep their product in one piece. I liked the design too, it's s shame.
Nature of carbon laminate. Anywhere it might be taking hits is a good place to prep it. Even that doesn't guarantee it won't eventually start to fail. You might be able to wick some CA into the area that is delaminating and see if it stabilizes it. It isn't a load bearing piece so it might last a long time like that. Based on what I've read I can't say Diggity has done anything wrong here.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

. Based on what I've read I can't say Diggity has done anything wrong here.
really??? A product that is 4 races old literally faling apart because I didn't take precautions the manufacturer never ever advised me to take? If their product needs to be sanded/sealed prior to use to stay in one piece it is their obligation to let the customer know that. Not balk when it fails because the customer isn't a graphite expert. That is why I bought their product, if I wanted to sand and seal I'd have cut my own at 1/4 the price.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Did you sand and seal your graphite parts on your TC5? Same issues.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
Did you sand and seal your graphite parts on your TC5? Same issues.
Nope, and it has held up fine for years.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

really??? A product that is 4 races old literally faling apart because I didn't take precautions the manufacturer never ever advised me to take? If their product needs to be sanded/sealed prior to use to stay in one piece it is their obligation to let the customer know that. Not balk when it fails because the customer isn't a graphite expert. That is why I bought their product, if I wanted to sand and seal I'd have cut my own at 1/4 the price.
Really. Unless you are saying you never ran into anything. Light and strong doesn't mean impact resistant even if the part is prepped. If it is impact damage the number of races is irellevant. It only takes one impact to break something carbon or othewise.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

If this was an impact induced incident there would be some evidence. This brace had layers separating parallel to the ground not cracks our impact damage or marks. Btw, thus sits ABOVE the chassis..

dave
Old 09-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Tech Master

If this was an impact induced incident there would be some evidence. This brace had layers separating parallel to the ground not cracks our impact damage or marks. Btw, thus sits ABOVE the chassis..

dave
Is this the brace?

http://www.diggitydesigns.com/D3_TC5...eExtended.html
Old 09-15-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Addict

dave
I think your right, they should have asked you to send them a picture of the part. But one thing you should do is prep your chassis during your next rebuild.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrDg9...ED004D8C883A1A
Old 09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Yes

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.