Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Corally HMX

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
Tech Champion

Nice looking car...I like the idea of the shock mounts and am interested to see how they hold up. I really like how they stayed with a standard rear body mount as that allows me to buy whatever standard body mount is available or that I like rather than being locked in to a special shock tower mounted body mount...I might just have to give this a serious look when it comes out.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Tech Adept

Need more pics of this car.

I was a huge fan of the C4/C4.1 but the Assassin burnt a huge hole in my wallet and turned me off the sport for 7 years so I would hope this is a lot better.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:40 AM
Tech Adept

I drove the assasin too, but I hope there are comming more pics of the final version soon.. I'm going to drive this one for sure. But more pics would be nice
Old 09-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hmm.. i'm a little concerned with the new strut towers, whether or not they will interfere with low-nose bodies such as the ebbro 350r and mazda furai (yes, i'm planning on running that awesome and pricey body in a race).
Old 09-18-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Adept

I don't think that the shock towers are higher than othher ones.because the other ones you can also ajust the shock in position.. this might be even lower?
Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by #iZzy
a good starting point of flex is that was most of the manufacteurs currently have, thats why you see everytime the same cars in the a-finals in modified and stock.

This cars have a better balance, too. the screw layout is 90% symetric, chassis and topdeck.

You can see this on Fischer's result, with his Serpent he can reach better results. On first training session with his new serpent, he was 0,3sec/lap faster as with his old corally.

I've seen already the new HMX Prototype on track, but it wasn't really fast
The more practice you have the faster you will be... So Marc is just getting better and better... you can see this from his results over the past few years... He is a great driver. Also his set-up may have worked better on the Serpent compared to his 09 PHI prototype... He did not drive the HMX... Anyway where was serpent in the Worlds?? It's not the car it's the drivers... If you give current TC WC a Corally, Serpent, X-ray or any other brand he will be just as fast!!!
Corally is a great car with great support and quality!!!
Old 09-23-2011, 04:06 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by spacendeman
But isn't it a good thing to have flex in the car for the stock class?
Ummm as far as I know you want less flex in Stock compared to Mod...? Anyway, the flex is in the Chassis, not the Shock towers.... Your suspension is a lot softer then any Carbon fibre shock tower so it will compress well before any flex in the shock tower...
There should be carbon fibre shock towers available as option though so you can get that
Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer
The more practice you have the faster you will be... So Marc is just getting better and better... you can see this from his results over the past few years... He is a great driver. Also his set-up may have worked better on the Serpent compared to his 09 PHI prototype... He did not drive the HMX... Anyway where was serpent in the Worlds?? It's not the car it's the drivers... If you give current TC WC a Corally, Serpent, X-ray or any other brand he will be just as fast!!!
Corally is a great car with great support and quality!!!
You can trust me, you are 100% wrong

Marc is a personal friend of me and we compared together both cars, his Prototype and the Serpent on 2-3 Tracks and he was on EVERY Track faster with his new Ride. You can't say he just getting better and better - he drives for years now on the limit, hes an international top driver He shows what's possible, everytime.

Sure, you can give him a Tamiya, Yokomo or Xray and he will be fast too - but trust me, with corally, you have more problems :>

But you are right, the driver makes the difference - but anywhere is the limit and then the car makes the difference :P Look at Steven Weiß, he was with Xray TOP3 on the EC ... Now he drives often only in b-finals.

And why you are sure, he haven't drive the HMX? :/
Old 09-23-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by #iZzy
You can trust me, you are 100% wrong

Marc is a personal friend of me and we compared together both cars, his Prototype and the Serpent on 2-3 Tracks and he was on EVERY Track faster with his new Ride. You can't say he just getting better and better - he drives for years now on the limit, hes an international top driver He shows what's possible, everytime.

Sure, you can give him a Tamiya, Yokomo or Xray and he will be fast too - but trust me, with corally, you have more problems :>

But you are right, the driver makes the difference - but anywhere is the limit and then the car makes the difference :P Look at Steven Weiß, he was with Xray TOP3 on the EC ... Now he drives often only in b-finals.

And why you are sure, he haven't drive the HMX? :/
OK.. you have a point... I still think Corally is a good car, as I remember he also broke some records with his Corally in the past... Anyway great to see he is doing well... Will be interesting at the Worlds next year...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sometimes one car works better for a type of driver compared to another... I had a Tamiya years ago and it just didn't work for me... Of course the Tamiya is a great car, but could be personal preference too...

All I'm saying is not to put any brand down...

Old 09-23-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PHI/BMI racer
OK.. you have a point... I still think Corally is a good car, as I remember he also broke some records with his Corally in the past... Anyway great to see he is doing well... Will be interesting at the Worlds next year...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but sometimes one car works better for a type of driver compared to another... I had a Tamiya years ago and it just didn't work for me... Of course the Tamiya is a great car, but could be personal preference too...

All I'm saying is not to put any brand down...

Hi !

At our local track, Megadrom Geilenkirchen in Germany (was the "Corally Headquarter" in the past years) only 1-2 people drives for now corally. 3-4 years ago EVERYONE drives their an corally, 30-40 people. On the Nationals years ago, corally had 50% drivers in every A-Final.

As i said, for now only 1-2 people drives corally because ALL of them are faster with other cars. On last nationals, no corallys in the A-Finals except one in Stock class...

The Phi 09 is an old concept, and all newer cars seems to be better. They are WAYS better balanced - example Tamiya: how long they had the short topdeck ? it wasn't good, rheinard had problems with this car too and used old 415 on carpet!

I've droved corally in the past, too. My fastest lap time on an track with a Sakura Zero was 17,2 - with an Corally only 17,6 was possible for me.

I hope too, that corally find back to an successfull way - they CAN build nice cars, first RDX was awesome
Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Does anybody know who will be selling Corally cars and parts in the USA since Team Corally USA has gone away??
thanks
idbdoug
Old 09-25-2011, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by idbdoug
Does anybody know who will be selling Corally cars and parts in the USA since Team Corally USA has gone away??
thanks
idbdoug
idbdoug - Corally USA is still alive and selling Corally in the USA. Call or email Robbie for parts. There is a new Corally USA website being developed. Hope this helps.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:26 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by idbdoug
thanks
idbdoug
You can always call superior hobbies in Orlando
Old 10-08-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=67&page=31
Old 10-08-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Regular

Default Shock towers

Originally Posted by academygaz
This can't be the productionversion shock towers, now can it?
How can you change the shock angel on this?
And by the way this a prototype. The real thing can look different.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.