Wiki Posts
Search

CEFX 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul
COLD - I think the side links will work but I am pretty sure the center pivot will not. I believe the mounting pattern for the holes is different. I know my opinion about the Evo vs Photon but I'll let the others let you know what they think.

Highside - Thanks for the Evo comments.
Thanks Josh! what center pivots will work with it? and which side links do you use? Thanks!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Thanks Josh! what center pivots will work with it? and which side links do you use? Thanks!
Most people use 12R5 components. CRC links should work fine.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

COLD - The car was designed to use the R5 center pivot and links so I would recommend those but I know the CRC links will work (I've seen AE ones on CRC cars and vise versa).

Anyone interested in Z4 tires for the Nats, please let us know ASAP so we can be sure to have tires in stock and it's not a last minute rush!!

The reason I ask this is because we are starting up with new International distributors. The efforts we've made in the past few months with the new products, drive to make full kits and Z4 tires I think has shown that we are commited to moving CEFX forward in a big way. We already have several inquiries and will begin shipping orders to our new distributors here very soon. First up will be Japan!!
Old 02-09-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Vessell
Arbors are on the way. Good work last week Peter! Hopefully I'll see you in Dallas.

I got to run one of the 1/10 left side hubs on my WGT, very nice and didn't slip like the hub I was using. I was also using a chassis plate Josh had made for the 10R5. Best driving WGT car I've ever wheeled!
what chassis plate? and does he still make it? thanx
Old 02-10-2012, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

After a little discussion here, we've decided to offer racers a very special deal!!! Order Z4 racing tires and in the comments, put the size you would like for the rears and we will true them to the size you request. We know a lot of people don't have a way to modify their arbor and while our arbors are being made we figured we'd offer the service free of charge for everyone to have the oppertunity to give our new Z4 racing tires a try. Front tires not included in the truing deal unless you wanted to pay extra of $1pr for that service.

xtreme - Before the Birds, I cut a few chassis for direct change over on a 10R5. These use the AE bumper, AE cross brace and pod. Only CEFX parts are the chassis and an upper shock mount. We also cut under the battery for a 1.25mm drop pocket and the cuts/hole pattern for our brass and tungsten weights. This chassis is stiffer and gives a lower CG than the stock car. We also removed the graphite plate that the front end sits on with the stock chassis. Now, the front arms bolt directly to the chassis for a more simple and precise front end set-up. I'll add them on the CEFX SpeedShop this weekend.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Josh,

Nice deal!!! I'll be placing an Order for tires soon.

After a little discussion here, we've decided to offer racers a very special deal!!! Order Z4 racing tires and in the comments, put the size you would like for the rears and we will true them to the size you request. We know a lot of people don't have a way to modify their arbor and while our arbors are being made we figured we'd offer the service free of charge for everyone to have the oppertunity to give our new Z4 racing tires a try. Front tires not included in the truing deal unless you wanted to pay extra of $1pr for that service.

xtreme - Before the Birds, I cut a few chassis for direct change over on a 10R5. These use the AE bumper, AE cross brace and pod. Only CEFX parts are the chassis and an upper shock mount. We also cut under the battery for a 1.25mm drop pocket and the cuts/hole pattern for our brass and tungsten weights. This chassis is stiffer and gives a lower CG than the stock car. We also removed the graphite plate that the front end sits on with the stock chassis. Now, the front arms bolt directly to the chassis for a more simple and precise front end set-up. I'll add them on the CEFX SpeedShop this weekend.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Z4 Tire Arbor

Guys: Here is a little tip. I started unpacking from the race and discussing modding an arbor with a friend of mine to use while we are all waiting for the official CEFX Z4 Arbor. Here's what I found.

All Hudy pan car arbors it seems come with a 14mm (same ID as the Z4 wheels) shoulder on the nut side. All that's then required is running the wheel onto the arbor backwards (of what we are used to) with the mounting face of the wheel flush with the nut. At that point all you need is a hudy arbor with a flat face to mount against the wheel spokes. I found my original hudy 12th only arbor will work perfectly, But my newer hudy 10th/12th arbor will not, even though both come with a nut that has the 14mm shoulder.

Josh is offering a great service, but I think most customers will still be able to true their own tires

See the pics:

Old 02-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Z4 hubs from CEFX

Pics of the hubs on my car from the Snowbirds. Josh did an awesome job, and the hubs accommodate all readily available axles, diff rings, bearings, thrust washers and nuts! All that's needed is the hubs!

Old 02-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Josh this is great news! Now i can just convert the 10r5 to cefx standards! Awesome! Thanx! Now i just need hubs for the 12r5 so i can run the z4 tires
Old 02-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
The arbor will be available from CEFX very soon I'm sure, it was in fact the only issue with the new tire/wheel setup all week! Josh I thin it's time for a new truer lol.

But here's my testimonial. I ran Jaco black fronts and yellow rears through practice until finally getting a chance to hang out with josh for a minute after road practice was done on Wednesday. I looked at the new hubs and tires, we discussed trying them and I trued a set for the 2hrs of practice in the morning. In that 2min run I ran faster laps than I had any run prior, and with greater consistency. So it was on for qualifying.

I don't know what happened in the first qual exactly but it was something magical... I nor anyone else could touch it all week.

I have to say the best part of the product is the 2-screw left clamping hub. Josh nailed something that should have been an industry standard design for years. No more left hub wobble, allowing you to run sticker tires and be dialed from lap 1. Novices as well as seasoned competitors are going to benefit for this hub setup.

CEFX tires will be going for a first national championship in March, I just booked my ticket today!
You car Looked magical and you driving to, and I did see you car before and after using the Z4. I use Black/Grey fronts to on my 17.5 car and it is by fare
the best front tier I ever used on my blinky car, to bad I didn't get the time to put on the rear tiers to, running 4 classes I have to let go on something.

Good luck at the "national championship"

Josh thanks for the help during the race "snowbirds 2012"

Alf
Old 02-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Thanks for the tip Peter, that's the arbor I have so I should be good.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hi guys, i know im asking alot of questions but i want to make sure i can get it all done in one shot, so i wanted to know if the 10102 Griffin bulkeds will work with the regular AE plastic caster adjusters. and also do the come in a set of two or just one? Thanks!
Old 02-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey Randy,

What's with all the questions gheezzz!!!! Lol... Just playin dont be afraid to ask question's just ask away.everyone on this thread has been very helpful.

Yes the 10102 Griffin bulkheads will fit the plastic AE Caster Blocks and there sold as one part. Contact me if you need any setup help. I'll have your car Blazin around the trizzack.

Originally Posted by COLD AS ICE
Hi guys, i know im asking alot of questions but i want to make sure i can get it all done in one shot, so i wanted to know if the 10102 Griffin bulkeds will work with the regular AE plastic caster adjusters. and also do the come in a set of two or just one? Thanks!
Old 02-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Tech Adept

Josh,

Do the Z4 front rims use flanged or non-flanged bearings?

Thanks,
Old 02-12-2012, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks josh! i am really interested in the chassis also any idea on eta of griffin 10 pro kit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.