R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   CEFX 2011 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/534364-cefx-2011-a.html)

Josh Cyrul 07-20-2011 12:13 PM

CEFX 2011

Hello Everyone,

Rather than have several different CEFX threads, I'd like to start a new one for all the CEFX cars here in 1 place - I will try to more frequently visit RCTech.

As some of you may have seen, we released the update to RedRC a week+ ago about the updates to the Griffin 12.

The Griffin 10 will remain as it was at the end of last year - No reason to change the dominant WGT of the 2010/2011 indoor season.

For the EvoTC, the entire motor plate/mount plate thing has been a huge hassle. I tried to get new plates from our old supplier but after recieving an e-mail back quoting the other parts and not the new plates for the Evo as well as major price hikes from them I said enough. I was really mad to have the metal inspected and find out it was not what I origionally ordered which lead to the problem. I've been working extremely hard on an all new supplier list and we expect to have new EvoTC motor plates and mount plates in stock around mid-August. We will also reduce the price on these so everyone should be quite happy with the cheaper yet much better part.

To make the deal better, drop your current Evo motor plate in the mail -cheapest way possible for you - you have a month to get them here before the new ones arrive. Be sure to include e-mail address - When we recieve them we will send you a discount code for the shopping site. We are doing our best to make this right for the delays and problems.

Also, I have been super busy working on a new CEFX.net web site. The new site is connected to the cefxspeedshop.com site - PLEASE DO NOT use this shopping site yet. It is under construction and will be live as fast as possible. At that time, the .com and .net sites will both take you to the new site. All together it should be a much better experience for news, products, and tons of other info on CEFX.

I have been working 9am-3am (or later) for the past few days and I will continue to do so until CEFX is 100% up to speed for the coming indoor season.

Also, we have a TON of new products coming so keep an eye out. Parts for the Griffin 12, Griffin 10, EvoTC and more.

Back to work!!

Jamison R 07-20-2011 03:36 PM

Where can I get the new Griffen conversion? Looks nice as always.

KAHUNA 07-20-2011 04:09 PM

~ We miss all the Green on the 1/12 scale when you bringing it back ! :D

Khador12 07-20-2011 06:32 PM

Will the new Griffin 12 conversion be available in a kit for those that have an existing Griffin12?

drover 07-21-2011 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by Jamison R (Post 9417002)
Where can I get the new Griffen conversion? Looks nice as always.

+1

Jamison R 07-22-2011 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Khador12 (Post 9417734)
Will the new Griffin 12 conversion be available in a kit for those that have an existing Griffin12?

+1

Josh Cyrul 07-22-2011 08:35 PM

Jamison R - I've been trying to get the new Griffin stuff updated on the shopping site but honestly that site in junk... I'm having so many issues with it. You can e-mail me or Angel at [email protected] or [email protected]. Some people already have and we've sent out some cars already last week.

Yes, we will make a parts set to update your current Griffin 12. It will include:

1 - Chassis
1 - Inline Shock Mount
2 - Standoffs
1 - Mini Pivot Ball
5 - Additional screws

Also, Evo2 motor plate samples are being made and on the way so I will have pre-production pics soon.

I'm working on a lot for the new shopping site tonight so we can kill that old one asap!! I will also try to get you guys those pics of my TC from the Snowbirds as I promised. We just purchased a mini photo booth set-up so I can take some better pictures for you guys - I just have to get it set-up and start clicking.

Back to work!

Josh Cyrul 07-26-2011 01:07 PM

5 Attachment(s)
As promised, here are the images of the car I ran at the Snowbirds that some of you were so up in arms about.

The car was basically an Evo with a different chassis, spacers, top deck set. It still used the same motor plates, mount plate, bulkheads, shock towers, upper bumper, foam bumper, belts and shaft. Take a look at the pics.

The concept was a super narrow chassis that also had the droop screw locations cut off to reduce any chance of the car touching the track during cornering.

The other concept was to use a 2mm chassis with a 2mm spacer to raise the differential height now (by 1.5mm) that foam tires are a thing of the past in TC. By raising the differentials, it increases on throttle traction from both the front and rear of the car. I also used the spacer under the motor/mount plates in order to raise the motor to clear the chassis without the pocket cut into the chassis. As you have seen from my designs, I hate the pocketing of the chassis.

I also wanted to try the double arm steering system. When I headed up to MSI, I was able to drive several different cars and the biggest thing I noticed with the different systems was how much straighter the car went on the straight compared to the single crank. So, I threw that in there too.

The last thing was the long top deck. I was curious to try such a super long deck on the car and to do so I had to raise the center shaft for the belt to clear.

While the car was really good at the Birds, I struggled with it at the Carpet Nats with just way too much steering on the sticky and higher speed track. Maybe a different body would have been better there or some other changes but really I wasn't able to find a good balance that was so easy to find at the Birds and MSI.

Now, the Evo was awesome to work on - This car, not so much as the diffs are a pain to get in/out and set belt tension with the full lenght deck. This fact and with loosing the set-up at the Nats left me trying to study more rather than do any sort of release or showing of the car.

SpeedMerchant 07-26-2011 01:10 PM

Stuff looks great Josh.

Josh Cyrul 07-26-2011 01:16 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Now, the question for all of you out there is do you mind fighting the top deck to get the diffs out of the car or prefer the origional Evo format?? I have another version of this car already drawn and ready to be cut for testing. Then again, I have another version of the origional Evo drawn and ready for testing...lol...

Any thoughts, comments??

Usually RCTech is full of them so I thought I would just bring it here to you guys!

Back to work!

Luppi Stefano 07-26-2011 01:51 PM

this Evo is great!
but I hate Blue color...:D
Long Topdeck is a new way fot TC car, interesting way, pull out a diff isn't a problem for me

Rick Vessell 07-26-2011 02:02 PM

:lol:

Jamison R 07-26-2011 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Cyrul (Post 9442224)
Now, the question for all of you out there is do you mind fighting the top deck to get the diffs out of the car or prefer the origional Evo format?? I have another version of this car already drawn and ready to be cut for testing. Then again, I have another version of the origional Evo drawn and ready for testing...lol...

Any thoughts, comments??

Usually RCTech is full of them so I thought I would just bring it here to you guys!

Back to work!

I like the droop stops and the narrow chassis. Also, Will the motor plate used stop the bending issue?

over gear 07-26-2011 02:30 PM

nowadays, we run spool and gear diff... i rarely touch them now :D

yokemad 07-26-2011 03:25 PM

I Love and hate My EVO :D
I still remember the first day Ive driven my evo after t3... I'm fighting with myself to not give up the evo,
personally dont mind a little extra work If long top deck gonna sortout our issues :)