Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 1:10 F1

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
Not much happening here, must be all apples with the F1.

The 200mm front is now available part numbers #411313
Front set wide F110 and spare arms #411314
Suspension arm L+R wide carbon F110, I know most if not all of the US is 180mm but I thought I'd put it out there.

So far things have been going well with the F110 each run is getting better with the car.

We've had the front bulkhead revised here in OZ. My team mate (a fitter and turner) has made it from aliuminium with great results I'll post pics tomorrow.

Other things I've done to date is 2mm spacers under the front top arm giving more roll center, caster is now also at 6 deg, and the side springs are now 6.25 AE springs. Next test is to try out all front springs. Here in OZ the tracks are slightly more rougher and the softer springs that the TAMIYA drivers are using aren't working as well for me with the F110 so I'll try going harder and see what happens.

This body is for use only for the camera when videoing races.

Until next time WILL
Hi.

I've just bought a F110 and was wondering where you got the wide front end arms etc. Did you get these from Walter?

Cheers
Old 10-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AUSCAN
Hi.

I've just bought a F110 and was wondering where you got the wide front end arms etc. Did you get these from Walter?

Cheers
Yes at WALTERS

http://www.walterrchobby.com.au/inde...0000.html?p=33

And to update, on the weekend I changed back to the 5.5 side spring and went the soft front spring using the RIDE spring set and 35wt oil on king pin..

2 deg toe out front stablised the car coming out of high speed corners, 2mm shim under front top arm ball link (front ball only left the rear top arm ball link standard). Ride height is at 4mm front 5mm rear, 500wt shock oil with 2 hole piston.

After these changes the F1 felt more comfortable to drive still tender on corner exit but I think tyre choice was the issue here as R1 where to only compound I had, soft f and r would of been the go.

CHEERS WILL
Old 10-09-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Master

Questions??

Originally Posted by Bigz84
does anyone else find that the lower center pivot ball connecting the chassis and rear pod, can be pushed out of it's holder w/ VERY little effort? I can feel a slight snap as I push it back together, put comes apart very easily.

I hope once i get it together, w/ the center tube and shock, that it won't be that easy anymore.
Did you ever get this issue solved? Mine is doing the same thing.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Just so I'm on the same page this what you both are referring too (pic below would not come up as pic hopefully it opens for you as it does at my end?)?

Mine is all together and it wont budge at all and I can't understand this happening when it is kept in place with the top plate when screwed down? The actual ball is just seated in until the top is tightened and has a very free movement this is a critical area and must have free movement or it wont work correctly. Try finishing (If it isn't already) and let me know if it continues and I'll pull mine apart and see for you

Will
Attached Images
Old 10-09-2013, 02:27 PM
Tech Master

Yes that's the location. When I attach the lower graphite pod plate to that pivot ball with the screw, it easily pops out the bottom of the "football".
Old 10-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

Leave it with me and I''ll pull mine appart and see ok, do my best to give you the solution

Will
Old 10-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default pivot ball

I sent a message on hobby talk. my car is built and up and running. I moved the larger pivot ball to the center piece. car is fine now. pivot ball does not fall out of holder.

question though.

what front wing fits on this car, as the Tamiya f104 does not fit, and I would like a 1 piece. I can't find one in the States.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

I used a 3 Racing (FGX) wing at first and ground down the lip that hold the lexan wing at an angle on the bumper (wing support) this in turn put the wing on an angle downwards and would actually lift the front at high speed.
I haven't tried the TAMIYA wings.
I now have replace the bumper and attached the 3 Racing front wing again leaving it as is and this was the ticket works well looks good and is strong, I have ruined the two lexan wings already in some crashes and now will be sticking with the 3 Racing one. Screw the wing straight down on the support at 4 equal points not in the center as that part of the wing is raised slightly and screwing it down at this point warps the wing. Hope this helps you out some.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 1:10 F1-p1010050-2-.jpg   Serpent 1:10 F1-p1010047-2-.jpg  
Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

I sent a message on hobby talk. my car is built and up and running. I moved the larger pivot ball to the center piece. car is fine now. pivot ball does not fall out of holder.

question though.

what front wing fits on this car, as the Tamiya f104 does not fit, and I would like a 1 piece. I can't find one in the States.
Found the culprit (5mm dia ball vs 4.5) hiding on a steering block. Hadn't tried attaching the linkage yet.
Old 10-09-2013, 03:43 PM
Tech Regular

So you actually mixed up the shock ball and the pivot pod link ball up YES?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~
Found the culprit (5mm dia ball vs 4.5) hiding on a steerin block. Hadn't tried attaching the linkage yet. Interestingly enough, the exploded view shows the same ball as the side links in that center pivot. (Part #411199) That obviously needs to be corrected.
Easally done glad to see you both have sorted it out it was what I had thought at least I now dont have to pull mine apart
Old 10-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DIRTMONKEY
So you actually mixed up the shock ball and the pivot pod link ball up YES?
nope, I put that one on right. lol

I mixed up a side link ball, center pivot ball and a steering link ball.

all is fixed.

where can I get that wing (store)?
Old 10-09-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Regular

Now you both can enjoy the F110
Before you go any further you may want to read this more handy hints

http://www.rcformula1.com.au/index.p...long-term-test

In the US I 'm not sure maybe TQ Racing? I know RC MART does Maybe someone in the US can answer this for you, sorry I'm in Australia
Old 10-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

OK TQ RACING HERE for the front and rear wings

http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ....asp?p_id=2326
Old 10-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

SERPENT have answered and have now released the option aluminium front bulkhead to be shipped out shorty. And there RTR will be ready around Dec, this will bring more to the sport one will hope with one buy and then race, The Carbon chassis and other Carbon parts are replaced with glass fibre like most RTR with the option to upgrade, it will run the DRAGON brand of motor and ESC (HOBBYWING) and servo (SAVOX). This will be the first real competition F1 to be released and with the way F1 is going at the moment others will follow.

PRESS RELEASE
"Ronald Baar, the CEO of serpent, gives us a little more info on the F110 RTR. The car will be delivered complete with a 21.5 t engine and ESC, from Dragon RC (origin Hobbywing) , and Dragon RC servo (origin Savöx) and also a radio 2.4 GHz identical to that which already equips the RTR 411. Regarding the chassis, carbon parts will be replaced by fiber reinforced parts and the car will be also delivered with rubber tires. Planned release date may be before the month of December."
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 1:10 F1-front-camber-option-1.jpg   Serpent 1:10 F1-front-camber-option-2.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.