Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxSp97
G-rem and other FGX drivers.
Here is the CAL13.1 with parts were use to update Lightfoot’s CAL13 was build last year, before I quit RC. The pictures are worth than 1000 words. So please don’t ask or PM me, I don’t go here often.
Cal, you're the man!

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience, I didn't realize how much the car has been updated, it's fantastic

My conversion is almost done, I'm waiting for the last parts and then I'll post pictures.

Thanks again for your support Cal,
Best regards,
G-rem
Old 11-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

The Car stock is light and fine.... Too many conversions already....lol...
Old 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just a couple of questions. I'm new to onroad or F1 just waiting for the FGX to arrive and I've seen the exo upgrade bits very nice steering assembly.

1 So are there any other F1 shell types that fit the FGX like the McLaren Vodaphone body it's a Tamiya shell I think. ? Or what other types fit. I thought it might be cheaper to ask rather than try them all.

2 Tires, I see these tires with logo's on them are they just stickers or are they tires you can buy

Thanks in advance for any answers. I can feel a redbull paint job and Vodafone paint work brewing already
Old 12-09-2013, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The manufacturer's logos are usually decals. www.TQRCRacing.com has them. I am pretty sure that any of the high-nosed F1 bodies can be made to fit the FGX. I kinda like the stock body.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NutDriver
The manufacturer's logos are usually decals. www.TQRCRacing.com has them. I am pretty sure that any of the high-nosed F1 bodies can be made to fit the FGX. I kinda like the stock body.
Thanks heaps for that info
Old 01-23-2014, 05:58 AM
Tech Rookie

It is about $100 less chassis, pretty good price.

It seems to have a lot of tuning options like a touring car.

Last edited by modelerbj; 01-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:29 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone having issue with forward bite on bumpy carpet track. I lose the backend 3/4 of the way down the backstretch. It just snaps. The track has a few bumps but it is not terrible. 65' straight. I cant even get up to top speed. Switched to a ball diff. Tried various levels of tightness in that. Best so far is fairly tight. Changed for stiff to soft springs front and back. Any suggestions???
Old 02-03-2014, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowK07
Anyone having issue with forward bite on bumpy carpet track. I lose the backend 3/4 of the way down the backstretch. It just snaps. The track has a few bumps but it is not terrible. 65' straight. I cant even get up to top speed. Switched to a ball diff. Tried various levels of tightness in that. Best so far is fairly tight. Changed for stiff to soft springs front and back. Any suggestions???
What's your ride height set at? How many mm does your rear end come up over ride hieght?
Old 02-04-2014, 10:51 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by big al
What's your ride height set at? How many mm does your rear end come up over ride hieght?
3mm front, 6 rear, 2mm droop. just switched to the 3° toe block in the rear from 2, but have not tried it yet.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LowK07
3mm front, 6 rear, 2mm droop. just switched to the 3° toe block in the rear from 2, but have not tried it yet.
The first thing I would do is to see if your esc has an adjustable throttle curve.

The carpet tracks up here are pretty flat, but I'll try to help you out. 3 mm up front is a bit low. I would try 4-4.5 mm, especially if it's bumpy. I run 4.5 on a very flat carpet track. Which tires are you running? You pretty much want to run pits soft F/R.
Old 02-05-2014, 08:51 AM
Tech Initiate

We are using the paragons as a spec tire. I have the Novak SC Pro in there since I had it laying around. Not much I can do with the curve. The car is fine everywhere else. It could definitely be a tire issue. I was running the grooved pits before and it was not as much an issue. I will double check the ride height. Right now I have the black springs with 3 spacer on top of the axle carrier. I don't see how I could get any higher that whatever that gets me aside from the amount the car settles from weight. Coming from off-road, this kingpin set-up doesn't appear to have a whole lot of tuning options. #3 caster metal caster plate in as well. Rear has stiff springs and 60wt losi oil and 2 hole pistons with #5 sway bar. Was lifting inside front with the soft springs.
Old 03-06-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

so for you guys who did the direct drive conversion, how did the car work? any updates on the conversion status?
Old 03-07-2014, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gsxr0311
so for you guys who did the direct drive conversion, how did the car work? any updates on the conversion status?
Mine is still on process, I'm waiting for my new 2.5mm chassis and upper plate that includes mounts for the front dampers (Associated oil damper, not the original ones). Here is the plan: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzZ...it?usp=sharing

For the conversion, I used the Sakura's 38T gear diff, but it is a little too high, I had to remove some material from the rear wing mount, I'll post pics when I'm done.
It seems that the best solution is to use the Spec-R X-ray 34T diff gear, slightly smaller than the Sakura one, and it also allows to use a different gearing (fdr). But the biggest challenge is to find 15x10x3mm ball bearings for the housing, because the Spec-R diff is a little broader than the Sakura one...

I'll soon get the new chassis and I'll do a complete report with pictures,...

Cheers,
G-rem
Old 03-07-2014, 06:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just got a stock FGX with some minor upgrades. Ive been reading and reading and i notice no one is running the stock chassis.
So i have a few queations.
How beneficial is the exotech chassis, a-arms, front shock conversion, and direct drive??
I race on asphalt and it is a bit bumpy. While the rear seems to be planted, the front stutters and shaky. Ive also noticed its got a narrower wheel base compaired to the other F1's Im racing against. Maybe i have wrong wheels and what recommendations for wheels?

Thanks
Old 03-07-2014, 08:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J_Bone
I just got a stock FGX with some minor upgrades. Ive been reading and reading and i notice no one is running the stock chassis.
So i have a few queations.
How beneficial is the exotech chassis, a-arms, front shock conversion, and direct drive??
I race on asphalt and it is a bit bumpy. While the rear seems to be planted, the front stutters and shaky. Ive also noticed its got a narrower wheel base compaired to the other F1's Im racing against. Maybe i have wrong wheels and what recommendations for wheels?

Thanks
The front is 190mm track width. The front end tends to bounce as the rear end can roll more than the front, but if you can hold your line and keep your speed up, don't sweat it. The Exotek chassis conversion is great. If you're running an IRS, the Exotek parts are the only way to go. Belt conversion needs to be more straight forward, but makes the car a ton faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.