Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree26Likes

3 racing new F1

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by fleetmaster
if I were to hazard a guess, I would say that there will be an exotek adaptation kit before too long.
But in short - no.
I notice the FGX IFS didn't have an adjustable link for ride height and I hate that stock upper deck!! I would imagine the Exotek version would have more adjust-ability and durability. I'll be waiting! It should balance out the new Exotek rear upright/link set up. I have one of those already on order.

My car is no longer an FGX it is an Exotek. lol. Now if someone will develop and produce a more efficient gear box. my car would not have a single stock item!

Last edited by FNG RIDER; 08-09-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FNG RIDER
I notice the FGX IFS didn't have an adjustable link for ride height and I hate that stock upper deck!! I would imagine the Exotek version would have more adjust-ability and durability. I'll be waiting! It should balance out the new Exotek rear upright/link set up. I have one of those already on order.

My car is no longer an FGX it is an Exotek. lol. Now if someone will develop and produce a more efficient gear box. my car would not have a single stock item!
You can also adjust ride height at the shock. Most likely the Exotek version will be an adapter to mount the 3Racing IFS to the Exotek chassis.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Did I hear someone mounted 571/572 on regular FGX rims? not you Marcus I know what you did
Old 08-09-2012, 02:37 PM
Tech Champion

That combo doesn't work well at our track so I haven't even tried to make it work on the FGX.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
Did I hear someone mounted 571/572 on regular FGX rims? not you Marcus I know what you did
I dont think that it is possible to do, the OD of the FGX wheels is too small.

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
That combo doesn't work well at our track so I haven't even tried to make it work on the FGX.

REALLY? man those tires work on everything around here!
Old 08-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Lightfoot and FNCuda are the culprits.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by texastc
Lightfoot and FNCuda are the culprits.

Old 08-09-2012, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

MB Racer's 180mm FGX.

FYI, thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
You cannot adjust roll center on a kingpin front,

Typical 1/12 suspension diagram....

You'll notice that changing the upper link's angle/length will change the instant center, which will also change the RC, though in a more subtle fashion than moving lower arm. The lower link is non moving, but still is used the same as a dynamic lower arm for these purposes (it is just a horizontal line located on the lower pivot balls). Changing the height of the lower arm will also change the roll center, so changing the ride height, while crude, changes the RC. If there is a way to move the stationary lower link in relation to the chassis that will work also.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
I dont think that it is possible to do, the OD of the FGX wheels is too small.

REALLY? man those tires work on everything around here!
Yeah...On our track they are pretty terrible. The back is loose on acceleration but once the car is moving it pushes like a snow plow. So far on our track the best combo has been the HPI med rears and soft fronts but on the FGX that still pushes a lot but is better than the other combos. Works pretty well on the direct drive cars.
Old 08-09-2012, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

You can also adjust ride height at the shock. Most likely the Exotek version will be an adapter to mount the 3Racing IFS to the Exotek chassis.
right I would prefer not to preload shocks. but oh well; ) I'm looking forward toward the Exotek version.

BTW after talking with MB I narrowed the fronts to 184 in the front and 182 in the rear. It definitely drove and rotated better. I just picked up set of Reedy shortys and hoping this will improve the handling even more!

Last edited by FNG RIDER; 08-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

New Exotek FGX upgrades are available.
http://www.tqrcracing.com/shop/produ...t.asp?s_sort=3

FYI, Thanks.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FNG RIDER
right I would prefer not to preload shocks. but oh well; ) I'm looking forward toward the Exotek version.

BTW after talking with MB I narrowed the fronts to 184 in the front and 182 in the rear. It definitely drove and rotated better. I just picked up set of Reedy shortys and hoping this will improve the handling even more!
Well technically until the shock is fully extended then you aren't pre-loading it...your just adjusting it's position. Once the shock is fully extended and you start to compress the spring it then becomes pre-loaded.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Tech Regular

Well technically until the shock is fully extended then you aren't pre-loading it...your just adjusting it's position. Once the shock is fully extended and you start to compress the spring it then becomes pre-loaded.
Was that necessary? I was merely conveying what the new FGX designed lacked. Thanks for the information!

Last edited by FNG RIDER; 08-09-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:18 PM
Tech Champion

Then you must not be running any droop because until you remove all the droop by adjusting the spring collar then you are not adding any load to the spring...so it isn't being pre-loaded.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.