Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
No problem, how many guys are running the mid motor car at Vegas?
I will be runnin two of them and I am pretty sure Pooky is runnin one as well. There will be others there I would imagine.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:46 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I thought they were .050's and .030's? Anybody know for sure?

Brant
Now you got me wondering myself I will be re-building the car this week and will use my trusty vernier to see what they come out at
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 09-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Now you got me wondering myself I will be re-building the car this week and will use my trusty vernier to see what they come out at
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN

Hey Malc!!!! Howz bout we just refer to them as the "thick" and the "thin" shims ??!! Sems like I remember checking mine some time ago and they came out to be .052 and .038. I measured several different shims and they varied a bit. It seems the edges were thicker on some than others. AHHHHH!!! Just bolt them down and run'em!!!

Brant
l
Old 09-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I will be runnin two of them and I am pretty sure Pooky is runnin one as well. There will be others there I would imagine.

Yup! I will be running the std. JRXS this week in Vegas.

Brant
Old 09-18-2006, 07:05 AM
Tech Master

Hey Malc!!!! Howz bout we just refer to them as the "thick" and the "thin" shims ??!! Sems like I remember checking mine some time ago and they came out to be .052 and .038. I measured several different shims and they varied a bit. It seems the edges were thicker on some than others. AHHHHH!!! Just bolt them down and run'em!!!

Brant
l
now theres an idea
Malc TCCFM
Old 09-18-2006, 07:08 AM
Tech Master

Yup! I will be running the std. JRXS this week in Vegas.

Brant
Hey Brant, is there going to be a live feed from Vegas ? if so, could you find a link
Cheers Malc TCCFM
Old 09-18-2006, 07:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

I ran it today in practice while i was racing foam, we had a nice groove and it got better, still a slight slide but consistent and it will only get better with more grip.

Also, i will post my current foam setup, it felt really really good today. Hope it can help someone
Thanks Mike, Good Luck in Vegas!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Alex, better get your touring car ready to go, after your run in 12th, you need to race touring as well

The car was great in the main, and thats how it was setup, should be hooked up for you as well, it was very stable and still had steering / plenty of cornerspeed.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

The car was great in the main, and thats how it was setup, should be hooked up for you as well, it was very stable and still had steering / plenty of cornerspeed.
Your car looked planted and looked liked it rotated very smoothly with plenty of corner speed. Impressive win!!..............

................. And you were worried about the start of the race .........
Old 09-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

No problem, how many guys are running the mid motor car at Vegas?

I ran it today in practice while i was racing foam, we had a nice groove and it got better, still a slight slide but consistent and it will only get better with more grip.

Also, i will post my current foam setup, it felt really really good today. Hope it can help someone
Mike, thanks for posting your set-up. Definatly food for thought. I had a couple questions, thought:

1.) 3 deg rear toe-in with off-set hubs? Could you explain the reasoning for this? Would using standard hubs with less toe-in be similar?

2.) Using the BK bracket on the inside position of the rear arms. Explaination? Would using a 10.5 lb spring and lighter oil in the outer hole on the arm be similar?

Not doubting the set-up, just want to understand the reasoning as it is a little "unconventional" compared to the other set-ups I've seen. Just trying to learn when I may want to try these changes. Thanks!
Old 09-18-2006, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Mike, thanks for posting your set-up. Definatly food for thought. I had a couple questions, thought:

1.) 3 deg rear toe-in with off-set hubs? Could you explain the reasoning for this? Would using standard hubs with less toe-in be similar?

2.) Using the BK bracket on the inside position of the rear arms. Explaination? Would using a 10.5 lb spring and lighter oil in the outer hole on the arm be similar?
The 3 degrees is to make the car launch straighter, i was having a problem with oversteer on power...i would have went to regular diff grease or ditched the anti dive, but then it became to twitchy into the corner. The offset hubs along with the sway bars was to keep the car from having a ton of roll, and try to get more corner speed. The bk bracket on the inner hole was basically to get the shock more upright, again mainly for on power keeping the rear planted, the 10lb spring in the regular location seemed to be a little unconsitent when traction came up.

I really don't have solid theory on the "different" stuff, just what i prefered on the track. Like i mentioned, we have a decent amount of bite on the track now compared to when i started practicing rubber, and the car seems to just get better now with out any changes.

ALSO, i fogot on both setups to note that i have the middle 2 chasis standoffs out. The rearward pair is still installed. I did this to help the car grip better with just a little more flex. I happen to be fond of the feel, as well as one buddy of mine, but another person at my local track isn't at all, he likes the car better with all standoffs, so it is something to try when you have a chance, probably not while practicing at a big race.

Any input is welcome
Old 09-19-2006, 08:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Mike, thanks for the explanations! You've definatly given me some things to think about and try. And I don't question your set-up being different than the "norm." I've been doing my own thing set-up wise most of the time I've had this car as a lot of the posted set-ups just didn't seem to work the best for me. Ya gotta experiment to learn!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Juan Valdez
Mike, thanks for the explanations! You've definatly given me some things to think about and try.
Never hesitate to ask. He is truly dedicated to this car. I race with him and his car is truly perfect out there.

Good luck with your winter race program this year and let us know how your set-up is doing.

Happy Racing!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

alex if you ever want to try a different set up give me a shout my car is really easy to drive and hold a ton of corner speed ..
Old 09-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

thanks for the set up last week for ashphalt! but now we have our big carpet race comming up and i need a set up for it. "Stock Rubber". i used a set up i found on losi's site for carpet racing last year but i didn't like it, the back end was way to loose, always wanting to rotate around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.