Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 02:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowsi18
I was wondering if anyone that owns a jrxs would be interested in buying new and improved parts for the car? I will be selling alluminum a-arms from and rear, pivot mounts. also will be selling rear hubs, also front spindles and carriers. interest pm me and i will let you know on details

You interested in having a team guy run your parts

I would love to see a set of front spindles with .030"-.050" shaved off the bottom...
Old 03-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default KBs Rear Mod

Has anyone attempted to add a rear sway bar with this mod? Is there a way to do it without the sway bar binding between the bulkheads?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I have not.. but where there is a will, there is a way. I immagine if you just do a litte extra bending it will fit.. OR.. grind a little.

I think it is moot though as this mod adds a ton of steering.

KB
Old 03-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dasdaman
Has anyone attempted to add a rear sway bar with this mod? Is there a way to do it without the sway bar binding between the bulkheads?

Thanks!
I bet you can use some washers or aluminum stand-offs to space the sway bar mount out some from the tower. Hope this helps.

Brant
Old 03-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just got my JRXS a couple of weeks ago and am very impressed with the car! It fits my driving style much better then my FK05. I only have had 1 issue with the car though. One of my shocks keeps leaking and I've rebuilt and replaced everything but the shock body. Could the shock body be the cause of this? Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RobS
I just got my JRXS a couple of weeks ago and am very impressed with the car! It fits my driving style much better then my FK05. I only have had 1 issue with the car though. One of my shocks keeps leaking and I've rebuilt and replaced everything but the shock body. Could the shock body be the cause of this? Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated!
Rob,

I haven't had any JRX-S shock problem like that. Their shocks have been a dream.

I suggest that you get in touch with Todd Hodge at Losi via e-mail.

http://www.teamlosi.com/

Bill
Old 03-01-2006, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

If its leaking from the bottom then you may have a bad shaft. I had a bad shock shaft new out of the package a few years back on my Matt Francis I truck. There was just something out of round or something that kept it from amking a good seal. The shaft was the last piece I replaced and that stopped the leak. If your leaking from the top of the shock then I too suggest you contact Todd. Good Luck!!

Brant
Old 03-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Dang! PookyT may have something there...
Old 03-01-2006, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by POOKYT
If its leaking from the bottom then you may have a bad shaft. I had a bad shock shaft new out of the package a few years back on my Matt Francis I truck. There was just something out of round or something that kept it from amking a good seal. The shaft was the last piece I replaced and that stopped the leak.
THE EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO MY FRIEND!!! Except this happened about 3 weeks ago...

I was shocked after he replaced the shaft that it was fixed...I felt bad because he just purchased the car, but now he has it running and he really likes it.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Well I guess you didn't fix it then yet did you Rob lol

I thought it was fixed once you replaced the shock shaft?
I will rebuild it for you at the track during the Meltdown. See if I can work a little miracle on it
Old 03-01-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

One of my shocks keeps leaking and I've rebuilt and replaced everything but the shock body. Could the shock body be the cause of this? Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Have you tried "green slime shock lube"

I find this stuff really good.....
Old 03-02-2006, 05:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks guys! The shock leaks at the lower shock cap. At first I thought the shock shaft bushing was messed so I replaced it more then once and that didn't seem to solve the problem. I then changed shock shafts, and thought that solved the problem, but 2 races later it was leaking again. I'll be getting a new shock body at the track Friday to see if that will solve the problem. Thanks for all of the help guys!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
I bet you can use some washers or aluminum stand-offs to space the sway bar mount out some from the tower. Hope this helps.

Brant
Yea, you could buy a CCF and through away the kit except for the carbon fibre tubing you get with some kits and use them for this mod
Cheers Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 03-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

With the rear shock mod, to space the sway bar mount away from the rear tower use the following parts:

2x Stand-off
2x #4 Washers

Bolt the stand-offs to the towers. Use the #4 washers in between the plastic sway bar mount and the stand-offs. Insert the bar and mounting screws then tighten down.
Old 03-02-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Pookyt, you are not the only one who likes to modify things. This modification did not require a Dremel in anyway but it was fun non the less!! This is a pic of my 12Losi4 w/ a CRC dampner tube conversion as well as my own, untested at this point, battery retention system.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS-dsc00082.jpg  

Last edited by Yeti35; 03-02-2006 at 08:02 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.