Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2006, 10:34 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brad996
I wanted to ask you guys what 19 turn motor to run and a good rollout for it
I know it hasn't exactly proven itself at any races yet, but the Checkpoint 19t is definately the fastest 19t out of the box. My fastest lap with a 7 turn mod motor at the current SoCal layout, 8.3 secs, my fastest lap with the Checkpoint 19t, 8.6 secs. The motor is dialed.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
What I did= Moved rear shock tower to the front side of the bukhead, and then mounted the shocks on the front of the arms.
Keith, I struggle to understand how this would improve the car... (not that I'm doubting you), but can you explain in a little more detail...

camberlink=low and stock (not JR)
What does "JR" mean????
Old 02-15-2006, 11:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

The long front camber links are referred to as the JR links.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
The car still rolled after impailing the "keywhole" section of track, so I was instantly impressed and drove ten times more confindently the rest of the week. </snooooooorrrrrrrrr>
From this, sounds like more durable arms or something.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
The long front camber links are referred to as the JR links.
Thanks Randy
Old 02-16-2006, 03:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

2Bad...

read my post a couple times..

Basically, what I equate it to is like moving your shocks further out on the arm.. think of it like this..., your moving your shocks closer to the center of the car. Its a tuning option, that for me.. work 10000's times more that i would have immagined.

Think of it like this... it allows the weight to transfer F/B and B/F quicker. without making the car un-drive-able...Somthing, I felt needed improvement. This.. for me anyway.. did the trick.

Will it work on asphalt? Dunno... all I know is that my car was the best it has been.

Pookyt= yah, i wanted to give you a sneak peek when i ordered..... but didnt know if I was "allowed" to share this as it obviously is a deviation from the original design..

KB
Old 02-16-2006, 04:14 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

By tomorrow night you guys will have some feedback on how the different shock position works on asphault. It would seem like it should give more rear traction since you are moving the weight off the back of the car, hopefully there wont be too much more and my current settings continue to work.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Take a look at this avitar link, I thought of using it but thought I might get my knuckles wrapped http://avatars.jurko.net/avt/mario.gif
Malc THE CAN MAN
Old 02-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Take a look at this avitar link, I thought of using it but thought I might get my knuckles wrapped http://avatars.jurko.net/avt/mario.gif
Malc THE CAN MAN
LMAO.. thats good.

Randy= Cant wait. Cyrul says it gives more traction... and i think I agree.. but at the same time, it made the car have more steering. I think this is due to faster weight transfer front to rear.. Cant wait to hear what you find..

KB
Old 02-16-2006, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

LMAO.. thats good.

Randy= Cant wait. Cyrul says it gives more traction... and i think I agree.. but at the same time, it made the car have more steering. I think this is due to faster weight transfer front to rear.. Cant wait to hear what you find..

KB
Hey Keith
Hope your refering to the JRX-S and not the avitar giving it more traction and all
TCCFM
Old 02-16-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Keith, nice job.

I think part of the reason this helps the car is it gets more weight forward. Most of the cars out now have a rectangle in the middle of the car where all the weight is concentrated. I think this goes toward that sort of setup. It may also help to reduce any "porpoise" effect the car may have from having the weight stretched over the length of the car.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

By tomorrow night you guys will have some feedback on how the different shock position works on asphault. It would seem like it should give more rear traction since you are moving the weight off the back of the car, hopefully there wont be too much more and my current settings continue to work.
Well.....Don't wait too long as I need my beauty rest!!! LMAO! Good Luck with it! Plus I need to know if I should but more Dremel discs and revamp production on rear pairs only! Later.

Brant
Old 02-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Feedback

Kewl idea.

Last night, with the Chicky #3 setup and the longer front camber links, my JRX-S was absolutely glued to the carpet track at Stockton. Unbelievable transformation to the point that it was too glued for stock motor racing. Had lots of steering with a stuck rear end. That's a pleasant change.

Car with Jaco 2 Stage foams likes larger sized tires being in the 58-60 cm range. And "overdrive" sizing of tires appears to be very promising for the JRX-S.
Old 02-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRX-S Bill
Kewl idea.

Last night, with the Chicky #3 setup and the longer front camber links, my JRX-S was absolutely glued to the carpet track at Stockton. Unbelievable transformation to the point that it was too glued for stock motor racing. Had lots of steering with a stuck rear end. That's a pleasant change.

Car with Jaco 2 Stage foams likes larger sized tires being in the 58-60 cm range. And "overdrive" sizing of tires appears to be very promising for the JRX-S.
Bill--Try the shock mod next time and let us know what effect it has on your set-up. Later

Brant
Old 02-16-2006, 08:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

If you read above...What should I do to free the rear end up?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.