Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by CIVIC91
Well, after all the waiting I got mine...started the build and realized they gave me 3 front bulkheads and 1 rear!! Now I have to wait til next week for a replacement to finish building the car!
Did you call Horizon for the replacement? My kit was missing something little and they got it right out to me. Kudos to Horizon for the quick response. Kinda makes up for the Spektrum issue!
Old 04-22-2005, 01:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quick question...

Anybody started tackling the problem of fitting the larger cells into the car?

I have one newer 3300 pack that won't fit, even without shrink wrap. And I have two boxes of new 3700 cells that I know wont fit as is, and I planned on putting shrink wrap on those.

If anybody has already started solving this or has heard something specific about where to take off material, please post it.

Looks to me like the aluminum bulkheads will have to be dremeled to allow the larger cells...wish I had known before I assembled the car.
Old 04-22-2005, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I have the new IB3600 cells and I had to dremel a litle off of the rear bulkheads to get the cells to sit in the slots corretly. I did not have to do anything to the aluminum bulkheads though. Basically just had to increase the curve size in the rear bulkheads and the acentric.

Hope this helps if not I will try and get out to Hobbytown Sunday so you can see.

Later,
Old 04-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Tech Regular

well im done with sanding and sealing(thank god!) and bag A everything went togather very nice. but the rear grey thing that goes in between the bulkheads is binding but im going to scrape some of the plastic in the bulkhead because the front one spins perfect. now im off to build the car!
Old 04-22-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

What brand of pinions are best in 64p????

Thanks...

(I'm still waiting for mine to show up.......hohummm)
Old 04-22-2005, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

I use robinson racing(black) they work preaty good.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We recieved our kits at the hobby shop early this week. They are slowly filtering out across the country.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by CRASH
I have the new IB3600 cells and I had to dremel a litle off of the rear bulkheads to get the cells to sit in the slots corretly. I did not have to do anything to the aluminum bulkheads though. Basically just had to increase the curve size in the rear bulkheads and the acentric.

Hope this helps if not I will try and get out to Hobbytown Sunday so you can see.

Later,
So you took it off the rear bulkhead....

I looked at that since it seems that the rear bulkhead is pushing the cells forward and not allowing them to fully sit in the slots.

But its seemed like there was sooo.... little material on the rear bulkheads that I was a little scared to go there.

I'll give it another look though since you said you've pulled it off.

First I'm going to build these 3700 packs and see how bad the fit is, then I'll start hacking...oh.. I mean carefully modifying stuff!

Thanks for the info...

Greg
Old 04-22-2005, 03:23 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by 2-Bad

Thanks...
My personal favorites are the Trinity Zero Gravity pinions. Problem is they have an awfully long shank so they aren't suited for all cars.

Good news is, they work fine for this car.

After those, the rest of my 64p pinions are all Robinson's. (mix of purple and black ones...)
Old 04-22-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Darkseid
My personal favorites are the Trinity Zero Gravity pinions. Problem is they have an awfully long shank so they aren't suited for all cars.
Dark....you can still get these gears from PRS they made them for Trinity now they sell them under their own. I hear they are also working on a spur gear adapter for the car.

But Robinson Black 64p works great as well.
Old 04-22-2005, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally posted by 2-Bad

Thanks...

(I'm still waiting for mine to show up.......hohummm)
TiR Titanium Pinions are awesome. http://www.titaniumracing.com/site.html

They're distributed by Schumacher USA.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Regional Moderator

Slight modification????

I remember when we were waiting for the car, one of the most popular questions was, "will the newer cells fit?" Cells like the IB3600 and GP3700. The official answer was always "yes, with slight modification."

Well I'm past slight modification. I had to dremel a good bit of material off the rear bulkheads just to get the pack to go up into the chassis. Now it goes into the chassis, but the middle bulkhead stops it well short of going in far enought to fit the battery tray on.

I'm at a loss right now. I've already taken off so much material that I fear removing any more at the rear. So my only other option is to start taking off material on the aluminum bulkheads.

If someone....anyone.....has tried to fit their GP3700 pack in and has done so successfully, let me know. Cause I'm starting to wonder if they will fit at all.
Old 04-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Regional Moderator

Default Another look

I just took another look at the situation, and its clear that the rear bulkhead is whats important. The cells just aren't going far enough backward. The mid bulkhead is fine.

So I'll keep trimming the rear (a very little at a time ) until I can close the tray.

So we'll see. I just hope I don't destroy the rear bulkhead....
Old 04-22-2005, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Another look

Originally posted by Darkseid
I just took another look at the situation, and its clear that the rear bulkhead is whats important. The cells just aren't going far enough backward. The mid bulkhead is fine.

So I'll keep trimming the rear (a very little at a time ) until I can close the tray.

So we'll see. I just hope I don't destroy the rear bulkhead....
DS--Once you get it right, can you snap some pics and post what your mod looks like?
Thanks

Brant
Old 04-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Oh and I forgot!

I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT MINE--I GOT.....MINE......( thud!!)
pooky passes out from shear delight and too much caffene

Brant
Head Mechanic
B-Main Motorpsorts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.