Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:21 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by brians11
with all the talk on here, it sounds like the yok and x-ray kits are gonna be flawless when they hit the markets? that or they've been planning long before losi started... i mean, look at what the losi has to offer, totally new design for everything... driveshafts that everyone will be trying to copy... shocks that apparently will give the TRF's a run for their money... what is so new and great about the other two coming out? is this a fair comparison really?
Personally, I don't understand why every time someone defends Losi, why they have to attack the other new cars.

Not once has someone given a good excuse for the delays without attacking the other cars. (Thier clones...thier copies...they make too many cars...yadayadayada...)

People have moaned about when I have complained about things here, but at least I understand how to direct my displeasure in the right direction.

I mean reallly...

Did Yokomo, Corally or Xray do something bad to people around here or something that I missed?!? Cause last I checked, all they were trying to do is make a winning car...

Is it a fair comparison...maybe/maybe not, because we don't know how much R&D the other companies put into their cars. But I'm going to take a guess and say its slightly more than the "oh, look at the Tamiya, lets copy it" that most people claim.

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-18-2005 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

This my opinion, and its gonna piss some people off but who cares..

All these new cars that are coming out look to be either a copy of another design or an update of a current design. Losi had the balls to start with a blank piece of paper. Major props to them. At first I hated the new car, but after seeing it in person and watching it run I can honestly say its only gonna get better.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by brians11
with all the talk on here, it sounds like the yok and x-ray kits are gonna be flawless when they hit the markets? that or they've been planning long before losi started... i mean, look at what the losi has to offer, totally new design for everything... driveshafts that everyone will be trying to copy... shocks that apparently will give the TRF's a run for their money... what is so new and great about the other two coming out? is this a fair comparison really?
It is fair except at least with the other two you get the car when they say you will. Are they 415 clones? You better take closer look to make a judgement call like that and you better ask a pro driver who knows what is better. Masami Hirosaki stated he is faster witht eh new Yokomo BD than his very own design SD Worlds car. Do I need any other information than that...Not really. I haven't heard such a claim as that about the JRSX....
Seems like I better car Yes the Jrsx has some cool features but to bash another company becasue they use a simular design, just ain't right. My only complaint about LOSI is a valid one. YOU SAY SOMETHING YOU STAND BY IT.......IF YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR WORD WHAT DO YOU HAVE. Sorry to be harsh but in my world what they are doing is flat out lying. Be true to your word. If they are delays say so in advance, if not you are lying. Let everyone get their hopes up only to crush them. Like I said in other posts the JRSX is very impressive. Not to say any of the other cars coming out won't be. Just saying impressive.
Sorry about back lash but get it right, At least the other teams aren't making claims they can not keep. Yes the Yokomo has been in testing for some time...The best part about owning a track and design facility....X ray has been testign new stuff since the FK04 came out...So flawless, no but tested alot you bet. Oh and the JRSX has been in testing for quite some time before there press release. Shocks smocks the best shock are the ones you can work on and quickly change. The Yokomo shocks are just that. Tamiyas are great becasue of ease of use.
My rant is done GOOD NIGHT ROAR On-Road Nats.
Stephen <><
Old 03-18-2005, 09:37 AM
Regional Moderator

Like I said, I just don't understand the bashing of the other companies cars.

Maybe I'd understand better if I were a "company" guy. But since I've run with nearly every brand out there, I don't buy into that stuff.

To me, all the companies top cars can win. So why take shots at another company because they have a different design.

To me this "copies" argument is one of the oldest and lamest on the boards. After visiting jrxs.net, I have seen a picture with like four different companies that make the same speed control with "literally" different labels on them. Now thats copying! Even then, no one bashes the other models.

I have studied the Corally, X Ray, and Yokomo, and to me, they are no more copies of each other than the new Losi is of the Pro 3.

Being different is great, hell thats why I've waited so long for the Losi. But jezzzz, I still don't see why that means that the other companies need to be bashed for no good reason.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:41 AM
Regional Moderator

Mr. Shookie: see thats why you have to be careful even when your making jokes and just trying to have some fun.

Some people take this stuff waaaayyyyy too seriously.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Evening all,

Whens this new fangled Jayare Excess out??? seems like its been forever. This is truly shocking by losi.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by pheyhoe
Jayare Excess

Now thats a different way of saying it.
Old 03-18-2005, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Can I run the new Losi shocks on my 415? j/k
Old 03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Tech Master

Default IT IS NOT LIFE OR DEATH

IT's A HOBBY GUYS!!!

Thing happen in life, that you can not prevent. Get over it and the car will be out when Losi has it ready with Losi quality.

I don't know of anyone who has tried to put losi shocks on the 415.
Old 03-18-2005, 10:47 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

When I look at the delay on this car, I just remember back to the TC3, that thing kept getting put back and back some more. Then it got released, and started winning a lot of races. I have a feeling the JRXS is gonna be the same way.

Go get some offroad cars to hold yourselves off, it works for me
Old 03-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Rush the kit out or take your time and get it right the first time....hmmmmm
Old 03-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by DavidAlford
Rush the kit out or take your time and get it right the first time....hmmmmm
Here we go with that again...

I'll say it again for anyone who missed it....fast and quality are NOT NOT NOT mutually exclusive.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by rtypec
Can I run the new Losi shocks on my 415? j/k
Sure, since you can put trf schocks on the jrxs, why not the other way around?
Old 03-18-2005, 11:08 AM
Regional Moderator

I wasn't even talking about the delay....well....not this time anyway. Cause I said a while back that I wouldn't mention it again until I either had the car or the "d" word happened again. To my knowledge, neither one has happened yet, so I'm staying mum on that topic.

I'm talking about the endless bashing that people keep doing in this thread about the other cars...as a way of excusing Losi's own problems.

There have been problems, there have been delays, some of which were not Losi's fault. And maybe like Randy Caster says, it will turn out like the TC3, and be a winner after all the problems.

But, why crap on the other companies' cars because they got lucky and didn't have any problems...?

Thats what I'm talking about and what I don't get. Just because company 'A' or company 'B' managed to avoid the 'production gremlins', their stuff must be crap, copies, or not "right"...

Thats bull...

In the gaming world, we call that kind of talk being a 'fanboy'....

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-18-2005 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-18-2005, 11:52 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I dont think any of the other cars are not capable of beating the JRXS in the right hands, they are going off a platform that is now proven to work. I dont think it's right for anyone to put those companies down to try and bump up the Losi car, but I honestly do think that the JRXS will make the fast drivers even faster.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.