Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2005, 01:55 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Yea, I didn't know Steve was in town, I thought he had gone to the Nats.

Rod, good idea! IT"S SUCH A SWETE CAR!!1!

Matt, wish I could... haha...and yea, definitely not normal!

Despite us having it, they are not shipping yet, although this is a production version so it is close. You guys shouldn't have long to wait now. As Todd Hodge said, I think next week is a realistic estimate. And of course he is in the loop and we are not, so I would trust what Todd & co. say...

And don't be too jealous, there's a long process we go through with everything we get. Build, photos, radar and dyno tests, action photography, all before we get to actually race it. There's actually quite a bit of work involved. Plus I am doing this and the Xray at the same time, so it's going to be a busy couple of weeks.
Old 03-16-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

See...now I AM jealous....

I've been monitoring this thread for friends of mine..I've been monitoring the FK05 thread for myself though....

I can't wait to get my ahnds on my Xray....it will be interesting to see who has the cars in had first.....it's coming down tothe wire
Old 03-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by NVisible
i think Darkseid is going to have an aneurysm when he finds this out
Why would I? Hell, I'm happy to hear that the mag(s) are getting the cars! That means that Losi wont be making any more changes that would delay it again and they finally got the reject parts situation fixed.

Seems like things are starting to get rolling now. I would still like to be a little more informed by the company, but since they are pretty busy with the up coming race, thats probably not possible.

Told you guys, I complained when there was good reason to complain. But when theres reason to be happy, I'm just as happy as everyone else.

And seeing Bills pics of a production kit, hearing the team drivers are using labeled production parts bags, and hearing that the mag(s) are getting the car, are a reasons to be excited...
Old 03-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just a little joke. figured you'd be jealous.. moreso than the rest of us
Old 03-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Nahhh, I want everyone to get their cars...now don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind being one of the first to get his either....
Old 03-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Elite

OK Guys help me!!!!! Talk me down off this ledge!!!!! In 14 yrs of RC I have never raced anything but a Losi vehicle! ( well that one time in college with a gas truck -but I was only experimenting! ) I have waited sooooooo freakin long now for this JRXS and low and behold but it will be next week when it and the X-Ray will be in my LHS!! I almost switched last year from my XXXSG+ till I got the Cavalliere (sp) set-up from the Reedy race. I guess I'm just a little disapointed in all the delays for this car. I have been prepped and ready to build this car since January!! I have borrowed a friends spare G+ for this weekends first points race. little pep talk here would help. LMAO

Brant
Old 03-16-2005, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I've held the car in my hand, trust me its gonna be well worth it.
Old 03-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

David!!! You better be right !!!!! Ya know OK isn't too far from Ark. for me to road trip and slap you!!!!!! J/K
Well, too, I guess since I don't have any metric tools I better get the Losi!

Brant
Old 03-16-2005, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm lucky enough that my XXX-S is still really dialed after sitting for so long. So it makes the wait pretty easy.
Old 03-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

LOL !! Mine was too.....till I sold it last month!! BOOHOOHOo

Brant
Old 03-16-2005, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

yeah, i got my xxx-s back, it was pretty dialed this past weekend...

and yes, the car is definately worth it... the setup sheet has so much detail...
Old 03-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Regular

I drove the car, and let me tell you, my TC3 is DIALED! My fastest lap all day was a 11.1. Well one of the guys that already have the car threw a stock motor in there and let me drive it (i had to use someone elses radio since this individual is left handed) Kepp in mind that all the endpoints and all that werent set, the setup was for mod. I went 11.1 on the 4th lap with the car. I cant wait for mine!!
-Buddy
Old 03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Soon

Pooky come down

overall thought

the new x-ray is going to more expensive and parts will be much more expensive and harder to get parts for.

Since they jacked the price up on the xb8 without any changes, 600 bucks to 720 bucks, hobby shops are not making as much and the x-ray line of products may only become more scarce. I wont argue there products are excellent.

Being able to get parts is a big factor in buying the car, along with many other things.
Losi
Ae
hpi
are probably the 3 most parts avalible cars all offering good support.
the 415 spin-offs all look to be great cars.
but,
Tamiya,
Yokomo,
X-ray
hot bodies,

although all great race cars, I can't get parts everywhere, I don't see the extreme R & D being put into these cars llike losi is putting into this JRXS. Some of those other companies release 2 touring cars a year, WTF is that all about, how long ago was the xxx-s realeased and it still wins?

This car should be solid for at least several years, with very minor updates if any.

Don't worry POOKY the waiting is almost over. IF all those cars were released before the losi, I would still buy the losi.

after seeing the other cars, it only makes me want the losi more.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by POOKYT
OK Guys help me!!!!! Talk me down off this ledge!!!!! In 14 yrs of RC I have never raced anything but a Losi vehicle! ( well that one time in college with a gas truck -but I was only experimenting! ) I have waited sooooooo freakin long now for this JRXS and low and behold but it will be next week when it and the X-Ray will be in my LHS!! I almost switched last year from my XXXSG+ till I got the Cavalliere (sp) set-up from the Reedy race. I guess I'm just a little disapointed in all the delays for this car. I have been prepped and ready to build this car since January!! I have borrowed a friends spare G+ for this weekends first points race. little pep talk here would help. LMAO

Brant
Since being involved in "real" RC for literally half my life, I've owned about every brand you can name....except Losi...

So I guess I'm not the one to talk you down from that ledge.

I say look at both cars, check out their specs, and see which one really interest you. I've never understood the attachment that some people get to some companies in RC. Despite the hype, all the companies are making quality products.

Don't drink the hater-aid, it doesn't matter how many cars a company produces. I thought the idea was to be fast, not see which kit last the longest on the shelves. Tamiya, Schumacher, X-Ray, and Corally seem to be doing pretty darned good, while at the same time pumping out cars. So whether its one car in 5 years or 2 in one year, whats important is that you get the car you like, not just the on you feel obligated to get out of some sense of loyalty.

We're buying RC cars here, not getting married.

In the end, all these pro level cars are fast, so which ever you pick I'm pretty sure you'll be happy.

Just my thoughts...

Oh....and by the way.....you can always get both!
Old 03-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

TCR--OK..OK I'm getting down from the ledge now! WHOO...that was close!! After all these years there I was checking prices on metric tool sets. Not to mention I have butt loads of screws and bearings and diff parts. Thanks for the pep talk!! One more week. What the heck.

Just imagine we have almost 100 pages in here for a car we can't drive yet! Wonder whats gonna happen the first week we do get them.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.