Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Darkseid
More than getting the pack into the car would be a problem, I would think finding a good way to store your packs would be an even bigger problem.

No (production) battery boxes I know would have room for a battery bar bent the other way. At least not bent enough the other way to allow it to clear pass the belt and make soldering any easier.
I use SAIKO boxs. these will hold'em.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I saw the post relating to why drivers leave. I have known guys who are at that level, and a lot of times they look for something besides the car. Like cash, or business relationships. The reason I get into that subject, which has been played out, is that the short arms don't seem to be a compromise. Talking with some people who are independent of Losi, and who actually understand what is happening with the suspension, they seem to approve of the short arm idea. As in a good idea that would be worth trying no matter what battery pack/drive was used.

If you look at it this way, a few years ago there was a lot of cars using very long arms. Xray, some of the Japanese cars etc. Now there seems to be a movement toward a shorter arm, or at least closer to "normal". Roll center and other issues like tire scrub might make the short arms an asset. However, I'm far too dumb to figure out what it all means.
Old 03-14-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by brians11
i know this is kinda early to make this suggestion since i dont have the car myself to play with, but could you solder the battery bar so that it flips away from the pack and make it any easier to solder to? the only problem would be gettin the pack in (this is where i need some help), how much room is there to 'roll' the pack into the batt. compartment?
The production car photos a few pages back showed Matt Francis' batteries in the background. I believe the tabs were "flipped" away from the pack...unless I am misunderstanding what you mean by that.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...postid=1443275
Old 03-14-2005, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

good eye, thats what i was thinking of... just didnt see it in that pic... guess its already been thought of
Old 03-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by robk
If you look at it this way, a few years ago there was a lot of cars using very long arms. Xray, some of the Japanese cars etc. Now there seems to be a movement toward a shorter arm, or at least closer to "normal". Roll center and other issues like tire scrub might make the short arms an asset. However, I'm far too dumb to figure out what it all means.
I spoke with Gil,Jr at Snowbirds .... very first I asked him was "why such short arms?' He explained, "that was a necessity due to the drivetrain being the main design feature, adding that short arms cause more rapid roll center migration, which in turn will allow a more rapid increase in traction, making this a great asphalt car."
Old 03-14-2005, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

not carpet? i thought you wanted short arms for carpet and longer for asphalt. because you want the car to roll more.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

"No news, is good news."

That just doesn't seem to apply here.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:30 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

I think the car has been proven to work on all surfaces..
Old 03-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Here is what I have been lead to believe on the short/long arm situation. Short arms do have a lot of roll center change which can both help and hurt you. As Gil Losi said according to Greg Sharpe, "short arms cause more rapid roll center migration, which in turn will allow a more rapid increase in traction, making this a great asphalt car". It could also lead to a car that likes to be driven right on the edge like a pro driver would but in the hands of a mere mortal, the car could be very inconsistent.

Small setup changes on a short arm car equal bigger changes on a longer arm car. I believe the range of oils and springs on this car are going to get a lot tighter than on traditional arm cars. It could make the car easier in the hands of some to dial in and easier for some to dial out.

From what I heard, when Team Losi was testing ideas for a new car, the number one thing that effected the car was where the weight was in the car. They found be getting a near 50/50 weight balance both front/rear and side/side was most of the times ideal and found that by reducing the polar moment of the car (getting the weight as close to center) made the car easier to drive and makes the car transition quicker.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

When was the JRSX suppost to be released again?????
Heck next week the New Yokomo and Xray cars come out...sheesh. That might hurt LOSI sales....J/K guys, just stirring up trouble...I better watch my back for the LOSI Ninjas are brutal...LOL
It will be out on Friday or was it next Friday...man I get that confused....
Old 03-15-2005, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

it should be out by the end of the week or early next.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by EricF
where'd you hear that? Was it from an official source? <I'm grasping at straws...hoping for any good news>
Old 03-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by Mr. Shookie
...I better watch my back for the LOSI Ninjas are brutal...
Yeah, you'd better be careful, I said the same thing you said about a week ago, and was nearly be-headed!(again)

Like you said on the other thread, those LOSI ninjas are brutal...but I managed to make it through...
Old 03-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by EricF
are we sure this time? just cross our fingers and hope that it is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Its just what I heard... it was/is a good source. But I'm hoping he was wrong and that it will be sooner

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.