Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 09:48 AM
TLRacing

Default Arm mounts

The car will come with Graphite arm mounts. To be honest the aluminum mounts make the car weaker since they are so stiff and all the forces of a impact get directed to the arm.

Skoda 2 will be out at the same time as the car.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

What up Todge
Old 02-19-2005, 10:37 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Randy-If you are speaking of the Team Trinity blue collars for the Losi...they will not fit. The others have been using Tamiya collars. However I think once you get the kit you will not want to change the collars. They have the o-ring already in the collar and are hard anodized.
Thanks Todd, just saved me a little hassle there I know the stock ones are propably best because of their knurled finish, but I just love the bluuue junk
Old 02-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Arm mounts

Originally posted by T. Hodge
The car will come with Graphite arm mounts. To be honest the aluminum mounts make the car weaker since they are so stiff and all the forces of a impact get directed to the arm.

Skoda 2 will be out at the same time as the car.
And that time is????????? LMAO
Thanks for the info Todd.

Brant
Old 02-20-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The car looks real nice but when is it going to win a race. have the team racer found a good set up let . So when can we buy one
Old 02-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Am I undertanding correctly that our current springs will be too soft for carpet? I'd gather with the shorter arms and less mechanical advantage that we'd be running softer springs on the car....
Old 02-20-2005, 11:45 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by ptjonesus
The car looks real nice but when is it going to win a race.
Never...

Cars don't win races on their own. Which is why I don't understand why people worry so much about how the cars do at big races.

As for when we can buy one....who knows. The best 'guestimate' that anyone has is end of this month stretching into the first week of next month.

I know, thats not much to go on, but thats all any of us have to go on....
Old 02-20-2005, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by vtl1180ny
Am I undertanding correctly that our current springs will be too soft for carpet? I'd gather with the shorter arms and less mechanical advantage that we'd be running softer springs on the car....
If you read back a few pages, you'll find my post about the JRXS at the 'birds. Gil,Jr's car had very soft springs, as did BK's.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:45 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Greg Sharpe
If you read back a few pages, you'll find my post about the JRXS at the 'birds. Gil,Jr's car had very soft springs, as did BK's.
The springs were propably much stiffer than whats currently avalible for carpet, but because of how much leverage they have with the short arms, they will feel softer than normal. So to answer vtl1180ny's origional post, my guess would be the current springs are too soft, the current yellow 40lb springs would propably be good on asphault, but the new springs are also a different size.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Randy Caster
The springs were propably much stiffer than whats currently avalible for carpet, but because of how much leverage they have with the short arms, they will feel softer than normal. So to answer vtl1180ny's origional post, my guess would be the current springs are too soft, the current yellow 40lb springs would propably be good on asphault, but the new springs are also a different size.

Hmmmmm..... Looking at a mechanical advantage standpoint, shorter arms would produce less mechanical advantage over longer arms.... Instead of running 40 springs you could run 20?? No? (guestimating here...)
Old 02-21-2005, 07:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

thats pretty much what I thought. We should be running pretty light springs on the car at most times.

Unless we're thinking of this stuff all wrong.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Picturing this in my head... With a short arm you'd be running a softer spring due to decreased leverage.... Who knows, there are only a handfull of people running the car right now, the rest of us can just speculate.....

I know the Xray did vry well in its last few appearances, but the suspension on the new Xray is pretty much a carryover from the last few designs.... The JRXS is a completely new design.... But you look at the TC4 and it's an evolution too and a lot of people are having problems getting the car to handle.... The weird thing with the TC4 is that you're using springs you normally wouldn't... Purples all around and the shocks stood up seems to be where everyone is going with the car.... It's a drastic change from how the TC3 was run...

I don't know what the pro's are runing on their JRXS's, but maybe something like 20 ftlbs and lighter oils???

Again I'm speculating....
Old 02-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

here are some german setups for you guys to get a gander at what the germans are doin

http://www.jrxs.net/forums/index.php...e&pg=JRXSSetup
Old 02-21-2005, 10:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

With the short arms you will have more leverage on the shock.

On any car, when you move the shock inward it will soften that end of the car, because you have more leverage coming from the outside of the arm. Look at where the shock mounts on this car, if you stretched this arm out to a regular length arm, the shock would be much further in than anything else out there, giving it a lot of leverage, hence the need for their heavier springs.
Old 02-21-2005, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

caster, you go it wrong. When you move shocks in on the arm, they become softer because they are less effecient. That's a product of the angle allowing the shock / spring to be more or less efficient.

But if had the same car with the same shock configuration, and put on smaller arms, and maintaining the same track, by moving the inner hingepin towards the wheel hub, you would have 'stiffened' the suspension.

In full scale racing when you race oval, and you use different lenght arms, the shorter side is used on the inside. This biases weight towards that side. assuming the suspension components remain symetrical (and they aren't) you would need a softer spring / shock on the short side, so you aren't pushing the car over. So, you change your mechanical configuration and put an even softer shock / spring there.

A shorter arm will have less leverage as stated by vtl.

Last edited by lmslms; 02-21-2005 at 11:36 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.