Search

Ask Steve "The Evicerator" Weiss

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Verying temps?

Steve,
I have a question, is it possible that you have 3 identical chassis using the same 13.5 Pro motor same ESC (GTB) and have all three running the same gear ratio but the temps coming off the track are all different. Car#1=98F.Car#2=120F. Car#3 140F.? Is it possible? My only conclusion would be with three different drivers you have different driving styles that could affect motor temps. P.S. All three are using profile #1. So if the two cars that have the lower temp. could run a lower FDR, would that make the two motors even faster?
Thanks for your answer in advance!
P.S.S- All three motors are new within a month!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:20 PM
The Evicerator

Maxepower,

Alot of the time we see that people who have better setups generally tend to have lower motor/esc temperatures ... driving styles also contributes to temps.

There are sometimes differences in motors but I would generally say that the setup and the driving have more to do with the temps then anything.

Originally Posted by maxepower
Steve,
I have a question, is it possible that you have 3 identical chassis using the same 13.5 Pro motor same ESC (GTB) and have all three running the same gear ratio but the temps coming off the track are all different. Car#1=98F.Car#2=120F. Car#3 140F.? Is it possible? My only conclusion would be with three different drivers you have different driving styles that could affect motor temps. P.S. All three are using profile #1. So if the two cars that have the lower temp. could run a lower FDR, would that make the two motors even faster?
Thanks for your answer in advance!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey BEEF SUPREME!

Any assembly tips you might have for my new kits?

DRINK BRAWNDO!
Old 01-15-2008, 10:28 PM
The Evicerator

hehe Brawndo has electrolytes!

I think perhaps you should rebuild your diff and fill your shocks with it!

Seriously though I don't think you'll have too many problems with anything... just be sure to pay attention to all the little tips in the instructions... how to pop the balls into the plastics...their correct orientation, etc.

I like building my shocks with the solid pistons instead of the adjustable ones but it's just personal preference more than anything!

Any of those extra little bits come in as well?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 49 (95%+)

Any word on the rotor?
Old 01-15-2008, 10:47 PM
Tech Initiate

Hi Steve,

With ROAR making the 17.5 the new stock motor, it's about time to update the brushless gearing chart:

http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/b...r_gearing.html
Old 01-15-2008, 11:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default ch

Thanks steve!!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:03 AM
The Evicerator

Sorry Looped,

Charlie just got back yesterday and it was pretty busy so I never had a chance to sit down and talk with him about it... I'll be sure to take care of it today!

Originally Posted by loopedout
Any word on the rotor?
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 AM
The Evicerator

Edlan,

I will see what I can do about getting that updated soon!

Originally Posted by edlan
Hi Steve,

With ROAR making the 17.5 the new stock motor, it's about time to update the brushless gearing chart:

http://www.teamnovak.com/tech_info/b...r_gearing.html
Old 01-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

I apologize if this has been asked 100x before but is it necessary to run the fan on the GTB? I thought I heard that you only need it running Mod motors (4.5, 3.5 etc). I will mostly be running 10.5-17.5 motors for now and was wondering if it was needed. Also can I replace the Novak cap with the speed passion one? Only reason I ask is I run a Type R and its real tight fitting everything in...Thanks!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:34 PM
The Evicerator

Rob,

We always recommend running the fan, but more than likely the ESC won't get that hot with those motors... just monitor the motor and ESC temps to make sure everything stays cool.

As far as the cap is concerned I don't know the exact specs on the speedpassion cap...but we do alot of testing and feel that we offer the best cap solution out there out of what we've seen.

Originally Posted by RobS
I apologize if this has been asked 100x before but is it necessary to run the fan on the GTB? I thought I heard that you only need it running Mod motors (4.5, 3.5 etc). I will mostly be running 10.5-17.5 motors for now and was wondering if it was needed. Also can I replace the Novak cap with the speed passion one? Only reason I ask is I run a Type R and its real tight fitting everything in...Thanks!
Old 01-16-2008, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'll probably just keep the Novak cap on then... Thanks for the help!
Old 01-16-2008, 03:30 PM
The Evicerator

Looped, we did some digging around and it seems that none of our oval guys have really even played with the 13.0 mm rotor ... mostly due to the fact that it's not BRL legal.

Sorry to not have any better information for you
Old 01-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I do believe I have some parts for you, yes.

(Brought to you by Carl's Jr.)

Originally Posted by Steve Weiss
hehe Brawndo has electrolytes!

I think perhaps you should rebuild your diff and fill your shocks with it!

Seriously though I don't think you'll have too many problems with anything... just be sure to pay attention to all the little tips in the instructions... how to pop the balls into the plastics...their correct orientation, etc.

I like building my shocks with the solid pistons instead of the adjustable ones but it's just personal preference more than anything!

Any of those extra little bits come in as well?
Old 01-21-2008, 03:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default shocks

Hey steve
The alloy shocks for the 007 are to long for the 008.
So i put the new shorter shaft in from the 008 and still to long, I have heard of somebody has cut the top of the shocks down, have you heard of this?
Or otherwise have you heard of any other way to do it.
cheers!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.