Search

PRC Quad12

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by fast-ho-cars
hey Doug

saw some posts awhile back in the 12th thread about a asphalt version of the Q-12, did that ever come about?

thanks
leon
Leon,
Almost all the Q12 kits we have sold are being raced on carpet but the standard chassis kit works on asphalt as well. Do you guys still have a carpet track in Phoenix?

D.P.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Tim Stamper
Hector,

Have you had a chance to try out that t-plate that I gave you?

I would like to know what someone else thought of it.

Tim
tim I did use it! it was too stiff for the conditions. The 2 that you gave me were medium thickness. A soft version would have been perfect I looked on the silvas web site and they only sell a med and firm. I guess for carpet and ovel they would work great.
Glad to here your still running the q12 .

I also did use the hara top plate and converted the car to dampner disk. The car was more consistant and of course less to maintain. with the tubes outdoors on asphalt I almost had to clean them everyrun.
Old 02-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

hey Doug

saw some posts awhile back in the 12th thread about a asphalt version of the Q-12, did that ever come about?

thanks
leon
I am the one that was running the car on asphalt. I ran the thicker version(carpet model) on asphalt and found the car to sensitive I then ran the standerd kit version and found the car to be smoother and easier to handle outdoors.

I also ran the standerd kit on carpet and found the car to be as fast as the thicker chassis, just easier to drive.
Old 02-01-2005, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by speedxl
tim I did use it! it was too stiff for the conditions. The 2 that you gave me were medium thickness. A soft version would have been perfect I looked on the silvas web site and they only sell a med and firm. I guess for carpet and ovel they would work great.
Glad to here your still running the q12 .

I also did use the hara top plate and converted the car to dampner disk. The car was more consistant and of course less to maintain. with the tubes outdoors on asphalt I almost had to clean them everyrun.
That's cool.

You could say that i still have a Q12, I haven't ran anything in over a month. I've been sick and money is short right now.

I gave you one of each of the silva plates. One of them is more cut out than the other and that one is the medium. Look for that one. It should be soft enough for asphalt.

Good luck man, and be nice to James at the 'birds. I couldn't make it this year.

Tim
Old 02-01-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by DPowell
Leon,
Almost all the Q12 kits we have sold are being raced on carpet but the standard chassis kit works on asphalt as well. Do you guys still have a carpet track in Phoenix?

D.P.
i have your standard thickness car so that works out then. i was running at a carpet track Competition Hobbies in Tucson with EricF (above in this thread). we now race outdoors at a HobbyTown Track.

you may be thinking about a shop in the Tempe area called Hobby Action. i beleive their carpet track ended up becoming a oval only track. TC and 12th never caught on there.
Old 02-01-2005, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

SpeedXL

i tried the Silva SS t-bar when they first came out for the 12ths last year on carpet (short hair). i put it on my Q12 tape version and the car felt boingy (hard to describe) making the car twitchy/erratic on acceleration with 50W and Copper center spring. went down to a red spring no help. after 2 heats i quickly changed backed the blue .70 DPC t-bar with no changes to the center shock....smooth again
Old 02-02-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

SpeedXL

i tried the Silva SS t-bar when they first came out for the 12ths last year on carpet (short hair). i put it on my Q12 tape version and the car felt boingy (hard to describe) making the car twitchy/erratic on acceleration with 50W and Copper center spring. went down to a red spring no help. after 2 heats i quickly changed backed the blue .70 DPC t-bar with no changes to the center shock....smooth again
I didnt get that feeling it was just too stiff for asphalt.
I had the spring steel tplates on my ten scale car back in the day and it worked great.
I am sure it will work maybe you should have gone softer instead of stiffer.
Old 02-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

i did go softer, from Copper to Red on the center spring. our carpet was hi-byte. the SS t-bar (for me) seemed to have the fwd stiffness of a .7 t-bar and the side to side of a .6 t-bar
i ran my car with a stiff set-up. it ran smooth and flat with no traction rolling. anyway our carpet track is history and now i would be in your shoes.....needing a softer version of a SS t-bar for asphalt before i would try one

i tried one because i had seen them (TRC Versions) years ago on 1/10 cars and always thought to bad they don't make those for 12ths. now, none of our top 1/10 asphalt drivers use them. they are running KSG Extreme cars that have blue FG or white (not like the AE) t-bars. even the guys running other types of cars FG all the way.

Last edited by fast-ho-cars; 02-02-2005 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:29 AM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Doug,

I got the goods in today. Awesome!!!

With the damaged chassis I was still pulling times that I never could have before getting the PRC. The battery adjustment came into great use last night.

I went to practice last night, and found that on this track which isnt the normal track I run at had a bit less turn in bite than my normal track. The ability to shift some weight forward let the car rocket around corners far better than any car I have drove before.

and as always every track I go to, the battery retention item is a big attraction to people walking by my pit.

Not enough can be said about the customer serivce you provide!

Thanks Doug!
Old 02-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Tech Elite

Old 02-07-2005, 01:33 PM

Guess I should list my cars Stock setup, since its working so damn nice:

Chassis: PRC Quad 12 2.5mm. Using the L4/L3 dampener disk setup.

Dampener disks: Stock springs, no compound on them (that changes per conditions on the track.

front springs: .20

center spring: green

weight oil: 30

Tbar: .075 bolted in all 3 holes.

Rear pods: CRC lowered rears

Wheel/Compounds - TRC Cyan Fronts or CRC Purple Fronts, CRC Grey Rears

Rear axel/diff: L4 rear end

Motor: Team 1 Assassin 27T Stock w/ Red/green springs pulls about 10 - 11amps at 2v with no load. Nice lil gem of a motor Running Reedy 767 brushes.

Spur: 93 T Robinson Racing (so that when I drop the rear axel down to the bottom the spur doesnt go below the pod plate. Diff plates sanded with 800 grit paper in a * patern.

Front Camber: -1Deg

Front Caster: 10 Deg ( I think I need to check this again). Using the CRC new front Caster blocks.

Battery position: 1 position forward

ESC: Novak Atom

Sterring Servo: Futaba 9650 w/ Stiff servo saver

Reciever: Futaba HRS

Body: Parma Speed 8 Normal weight

Traction Compound: TQ 8 Minute

Ill snap a picture tonight of what the cars layout is.

Last edited by Clegg; 02-07-2005 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 10:37 PM

some pics of my PRC

http://clegg.procooling.com/rc/prc

Pic 115 is the shot showing that the delamination that happened on the old chassis spread to the inside hole and you can see where the super thin CA I used to repair it flowed out the other side of the laminate.

118 is just showing how smooth I got the new chasssis sanded. Went at it with a fine grit dremel sanding wheel, then 800 grit sand paper, then CA, then re-sanded to remove any over gooping that can happen.

Fixing the chassis also fixed the tweak issue I had with the car (not amazingly sorta figured that was why I had a big tweak to dial out with the Tbar after that chassis broke).

But the fixed chassis tonight worked so well that I ran the fastest laps I have clocked yet on the current track layout tonight. The car is just wonderful to drive!

Now I gotta deal with all the carbon fiber dust I snorted by accident (tried to keep the wheel and the chassis wet to eliminate most dust, but the black buggers I got say other wise )

Last edited by Clegg; 02-07-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 02-08-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

even broken the car kicks ass!
Old 02-08-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Clegg,
You wasted no time getting that car back together. Was the CA even dry before you hit the track?

D.P.
Old 02-08-2005, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

hey white guy the 3 motors I sent get there yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.