TA-06 Real or Fake

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TA-06 Real or Fake

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

The TA06 looks quite interesting & thats not to say weird... It has the battery placement in the right place; down the middle so my chassis balance can be maintained whether I use LiPos or NiMHs. I would probably use a short stack servo & that may 'balance' the top-down profile & I certainly won't run the servo wire on the bottom of the servo as pictured in case I get 'T'-boned! All good
Old 04-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

I am not sure if this layout would handles as well. Kyosho and HPI already has this type of setup long-time ago and they won't too successful.

Kyosho KX-One

HPI RS4 PRO3

The only thing I think Tamiya did is to integrate IFS and make the battery replacement from the bottom. We still need some weight to transfer laterally so with very low roll moment, the car can transit chicanes fast but I wonder how much grip would it generate for hard sweepers.

Additionally, why not simply use the older TRF414 design for perfect balance? I have an old TRF414M2 and I might try to install the Xcelorin 7.4V 3800mAh 60C LiPo 96mm (Short Length Type) to the middle of the chassis to see if the car handles better.

And this
Old 04-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by eComet
I am not sure if this layout would handles as well. Kyosho and HPI already has this type of setup long-time ago and they weren't too successful.
The Kyosho had problems with the ladder chassis not allowing the chassis to flex where it needed for maximum grip.

The HPI...well it's HPI. Good cars but typically not high end.

However look at the Losi which does handle very well with a similar layout.

As for using the smaller battery with the 414...well that will work fine for 17.5 to 25.5 motors...but when you start getting into the mild modifides you are going to have problems making run time.
Old 04-16-2011, 11:55 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The Kyosho had problems with the ladder chassis not allowing the chassis to flex where it needed for maximum grip.

The HPI...well it's HPI. Good cars but typically not high end.

However look at the Losi which does handle very well with a similar layout.

As for using the smaller battery with the 414...well that will work fine for 17.5 to 25.5 motors...but when you start getting into the mild modifides you are going to have problems making run time.
That's right, I forgot about the Losi which handles very well.

And then there is another European maker Team Magic who makes E4RS:

Since the TRF414M2 is long discontinued, I probably would keep it running in 21.5 or 17.5 non-boosted to converve parts.

As for the TA06, I am not conviced that it will take mild mod motors any better because of the hidden motor design, which traps heat like FF03 or TA03. In terms of motor cooling, the TA05 series is superior but weight balancing TA06 is better.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:25 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah I thought about mentioning the E4 as well but didn't because it isn't quite the same thing. The battery isn't exactly down the center, it is off-set some. Also while being a well handling car it is pretty limited in the size of the batteries that fit.

I had a 414M2 and an Elite Roadrunner Xpress which were both very similar cars that worked very well. I've toyed with the idea of finding another Roadrunner and running saddle pack LiPo on it and seeing how it does.