R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   12th scale wiring help, tekin rs! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/502396-12th-scale-wiring-help-tekin-rs.html)

dirt_oval 04-11-2011 08:43 PM

12th scale wiring help, tekin rs!

So I just got in a Rebel 12 today. I have been wiring it all up so that I can check to make sure everything works. After wiring up the smart boost, tekin rs with redline 17.5, I turned it on and I have mo motor tones as well as 1&2 and 6&7 blinking. I would like to get this buttoned up tonight as I will have no other time to wok on it till next Sunday. I'm not sure why it is doing so, maybe the rs is messed up? Or did I do something wrong with the smart boost to cause that, and yes I unplugged the red wire, and also pulled all timing out, as well as setting it to 1s. Please help!

20 SMOKE 04-11-2011 08:45 PM

the red wire does not need to pulled out put it back in double check your settings,try it with a 2s rx pack or with a 2s battery pack if it works that way you have a bad booster

dirt_oval 04-11-2011 08:55 PM

I also put the re wire back in, without the booster plugged into the rx. I just checked settings. Went back to default, then changed it over the sensored, and 1s, and still the same. It seems like there is a bad connection, but I have tripple checked all A B and C.. Still no motor tone or throttle. Note, I did try a Novak 17.5 earlier, and it did the same thing?

AreCee 04-11-2011 08:59 PM

If 1,2&6,7 leds are flashing it means that you have the wrong motor type set. Tap the Mod button six times so the MT led is lit, tap the Inc button so the first led is lit if you want fwd/brk and no reverse, if you want reverse then choose between instant reverse (no brake) 2 leds or delay reverse (brake) 3 leds. Let it go back to flashing the 4 led.

If you have a Hotwire then just set the motor type you want.

You can leave the red wire in the RX and you don't need to turn on the ESC. The smart boost has its own LVC.

InspGadgt 04-11-2011 09:48 PM

Also try it in the no boost profile. The Novak booster doesn't work well with the RS when it is running any boost.

Monkeys punk 04-12-2011 12:06 AM

Also check it with a 2s pack and if you get the correct tones then its the booster or wiring of the booster. The RS wont function unless it gets the correct voltage be it from a receiver pack or a booster. To be honest I would be very surprised if the novak booster is faulty.

Jeronemo 04-12-2011 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 8950362)
Also try it in the no boost profile. The Novak booster doesn't work well with the RS when it is running any boost.

Just want to know if it applies to the RS and RS pro ?
Also i am running a RS with a receiver pack. Do i leave the ESC switch in the
Off position and does that effect the low voltage cut off setting ?

Monkeys punk 04-12-2011 02:48 AM

If you want to run low voltage cut off then you will need to leave the RS switch on. To be honest I have never come close to cut off even running mod for 8 mins with a 5600 lipo so i don't bother personally.

Buckaroo 04-12-2011 05:33 AM

Click here for the thread on 1S with a Tekin

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 8950362)
The Novak booster doesn't work well with the RS when it is running any boost.

Wrong. Follow the directions and it'll work just fine in everything but the hottest MOD motor out there, regardless of boost profile.

Randy_Pike 04-12-2011 10:14 AM

From the sounds of it your booster isn't supplying enough power.

You can get led's 12 67 with a booster on the RS/RS pro if it's not supplying enough power. Get a 4 cell AA receiver box/pack and plug it into the receiver. If it powers up and operates the booster isn't working.

InspGadgt 04-12-2011 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo (Post 8951414)
Click here for the thread on 1S with a Tekin

Wrong. Follow the directions and it'll work just fine in everything but the hottest MOD motor out there, regardless of boost profile.

Ah I see...they finally figured out the cut off on the booster was interferring. That is good to know.

Still...in the OP's case he likely hasn't done that modification yet so it could be causing a problem.

Monkeys punk 04-12-2011 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 8952699)
Ah I see...they finally figured out the cut off on the booster was interferring. That is good to know.

Still...in the OP's case he likely hasn't done that modification yet so it could be causing a problem.

I have the lipo cut off modification drawing if anyone needs it. Shot me a PM with an email address and I will send it.

dirt_oval 04-12-2011 05:10 PM

Well Guys looks like I was just not supplying enough power to the RS. So I kept the red wire in the RS, and plugged in the booster, and everything works perfect now!