Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
Kyle, one thing to note is that once you have a pin wiggle loose, you MUST REPLACE the set-screws. Once a set-screw has gotten loose, then it will never again have its holding power back. Best thing to do is always keep a rebuild kit handy.

I will do a tutorial soon on how to build DCJ's so that they last a long time in between re-builds. Making them last is almost an art-form I am finding out. However, when done right they last a LONG TIME. And I mean 3+ months running mod. If not done right, I am lucky if I get 3 runs out of them.

Going forward, with our next production, all our DCJ's will come disassembled. This will make the process of cleaning the parts and installing them correctly easier. There will probably be a couple of revisions to make them better.
I'll send you my set and you can rebuild them in the video...
Old 08-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I was planning on doing a photo tutorial, but maybe video is better.

Write me at the store and I am sure I can send you a rebuild kit ready to install.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:34 AM
Tech Adept

yip and what about putting a small 'flat spot' on the pin for the set screw, that way the pin will only move slightly and not right out the dcj destroying the c hub etc etc
Old 08-02-2012, 06:25 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
+1 on the shrink wrap. Personally i think it would be awesome if they had retaining rings but im not complaining.
Ya I wish I thought about using heatshrink before I went on track
I cleaned and re locktighted the sets Screws on the new axles and the pins still backed out and destroyed one of the steering knuckles and tore the cage open like a pop can

Oh well u live and learn I'll order new parts and try them again
But they felt great before they fell apart
Old 08-04-2012, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just wanted to give a shout out to the rsd chassis..finally got to run car today on med grip asphalt...car was dialed!! carried so much corner speed..im not on hear to blow smoke or kiss anyones ass..but u can ask a couple of people out there today how much corner speed my car carried now..i am absolutely sold..thx christian for designing this conversion..i didnt even get time to fine tune it or put new tires on..due to mini series being ran..and concentrating on that..i cant wait to test and fine tune this car now..completely happy..
Old 08-04-2012, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

any chance you may be expanding the spring line up? Id really like one just a touch softer than teal. Kudos to you on the good products my friend pretty happy with all I have received.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Cornholio, that's awesome and what I like to hear.

Matt, we are actually working on some different springs, but they are actually stiffer and not softer. Why do you want a softer spring? What are you looking for?

I think that you may be looking for something in your car with the wrong adjustment. The teal is already super soft. Post what you are looking for and i might be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 08-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Well im running on fairly low bite carpet and also converted my car over to the exotek chassis and im still trying to plant the back end of the car a tiny bit more and i wanted to try changing springs before making any other changes to the car. After looking at my entire setup over night and barely sleeping I think im just going to change my wheelbase and see what happens.
Old 08-05-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Elite

I don't know where the roll centers are on the Exotek, but with the regular car since the bulkheads are higher than on other cars, the roll center is usually pretty low. This might make the roll center too low with the exotek, which might be your source of low grip. A softer spring might actually make it worse.

Try raising your roll centers all around to about where the 0B Roll centers would be, this will probably get your traction back.

With the Exotek blocks, my concern would be that they are based off of Tamiya cars and not AE. The Tamiya cars have much lower bulkheads, so the relationship between lower arm and upper link are much different than on the AE. From my findings, the AE Cars seem to make the most grip when the roll centers are around the 0B, so if you are able to raise the blocks sufficiently, the car, in theory would work much better.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Funny you mention it. When i first tried the chassis i was running 1mm under all blocks which is a tiny tiny bit higher than 0B rollcenter and the car was ok but more of a handful to drive for a full heat. I personally feel the car is driving on its nose so im looking at lengthening the wheelbase next time to balance the car overall a bit more. The car has the speed no doubt its just not as easy to drive as id like. Ill be playing with the roll centers again shortly. thanks for your input.
Old 08-10-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Christian,

I have no life and look very much forward to your posts of new testing and goodies for my car.

Feel free to make something up.

Thanks.
D.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Medium carpet setup

Hi Christian,

Do you feel the 2mm chassis would be the better choice for a low grip carpet setup. And speaking of setups do you have a link to setups for your new chassis?
Old 08-12-2012, 11:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailblazer04
Hi Christian,

Do you feel the 2mm chassis would be the better choice for a low grip carpet setup. And speaking of setups do you have a link to setups for your new chassis?
I am not Christian, but if would have visited the ReflexRacing website once you would have found this: http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD6-Inf...age_ep_55.html
Old 08-12-2012, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Thank you...I have been on the site numerous times but did not find this.

Originally Posted by wtcc
I am not Christian, but if would have visited the ReflexRacing website once you would have found this: http://www.reflexracing.net/RSD6-Inf...age_ep_55.html
Old 08-12-2012, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trailblazer04
Hi Christian,

Having see Christian run his 2 mm car and felt the difference in person I would imagine the 2 mm RSD6 to be a good choice for low grip carpet.

AWD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.