Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc) >

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Reflex Suspension Dynamics (RSD) TC6 Upgrades (vertical ball studs, pistons,etc)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hex Hubs, Titanium Screws and Servo Savers are back in stock!
Old 07-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Default A Few new items...

Nothing major again, but some cool, handy knick knacks have been added to our product line:

RSD044 10mm shim kits for spacing your diff

RSD045-03 and RSD045-02 M3 Stainless steel shims to adjust toe in 0.2 and 0.3mm increments

RSD046 Aluminum Shock Spacer Washers - These are great to use behind the aluminum shock mounts on the TC6 Shock tower.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Sorry if this was already covered, but i didn't see a conclusive result. Does the new battery hold down work on the factory TC6 without modifications? Interested in trying it out. Thx!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silencery
Sorry if this was already covered, but i didn't see a conclusive result. Does the new battery hold down work on the factory TC6 without modifications? Interested in trying it out. Thx!
You need to drill a hole in the carbon piece the tape wraps around to mount them.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:50 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Mike.

Also, we will have a full TC6 battery hold down conversion, and probably an XRAY one in about a week or two.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sounds great will they be the same setup as for the RSD chassis? I have found they move a little back and forth and i am having to force them back towards the battery nearly every run. I think it is just the little spacers underneath the battery stoppers struggle to grip on the carbon either side of them. It may also be the chassis holes are a little larger than normal.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Velocitygt
Sounds great will they be the same setup as for the RSD chassis? I have found they move a little back and forth and i am having to force them back towards the battery nearly every run. I think it is just the little spacers underneath the battery stoppers struggle to grip on the carbon either side of them. It may also be the chassis holes are a little larger than normal.
I am not sure I understand. Is this with the RSD6 chassis? Is it the carbon fiber brackets that are moving?

What I do is that I pretty much let them move out, then I use some black 4mm orings over the brackets to take up the slack on the battery so that it does not move fore and aft. This also prevents the battery from becoming a "integral" part of the chassis.

One thing that can help is using longer screws through the stand off and bracket and then use a nut on top instead of the screw. This allows to put more clamping force on the bracket as well.

I am working on designing a little 1 piece spacer instead of the stand offs underneath the brackets too. They are still about a couple of months out, but this will help out a bunch too.

I'll post some pics soon.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well tomorrow will be the first time with the RDS6 on carpet running 13.5 boosted. I'll post my findings.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CristianTabush
I am not sure I understand. Is this with the RSD6 chassis? Is it the carbon fiber brackets that are moving?

What I do is that I pretty much let them move out, then I use some black 4mm orings over the brackets to take up the slack on the battery so that it does not move fore and aft. This also prevents the battery from becoming a "integral" part of the chassis.

One thing that can help is using longer screws through the stand off and bracket and then use a nut on top instead of the screw. This allows to put more clamping force on the bracket as well.

I am working on designing a little 1 piece spacer instead of the stand offs underneath the brackets too. They are still about a couple of months out, but this will help out a bunch too.

I'll post some pics soon.
You should give us a subscription on RSD6 updates/upgrades
Old 07-28-2012, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Dennis, we do have the RSD information page on the site, which is really good and also, I try to update on the thread as much as it is possible.

Maybe I can create an email blast for people with an RSD6 chassis, in which they can subscribe to and I can update them on progress. I'll see what I can do.

Now, for an actual update.

I did a lot of testing with the 2.5mm car this last week and I seem to have taken a big leap forward. I did go from a 4.0 to a 5.5 motor which made my car much more driveable, but my car was 3-4 tenths faster than the other guys, vs the usual 1 or 2.

Amongst the changes:

-The rear is now narrower, this made the car have so much more steering than before.
-5mm Hexes in the front: for added stability from the gained steering
-Same 0B roll centers F/R to decrease rear rotation: Making the rear end narrower put a lot of rotation into the car as well.

I will have an updated set-up sheet on the site by tonight on the site, I'll post a couple of more tips as well.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Does anyone have a fix for the servo moving when I tap a wall? I have it servo taped to the chassie and it still moves.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by scoot2539
Does anyone have a fix for the servo moving when I tap a wall? I have it servo taped to the chassie and it still moves.
Have you tried Shoe Goo? I also have used a new loctite product called GO2 Glue with some good luck. It is flexible and removable very easily when you need to.

Also, some M2 Locknuts with Washers will help out. Sen me an email to the store and I'll send some out. The nuts/screws need to be torqued down quite a bit to keep the brace from moving.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Cristian,

Do you have any idea whether your wheel hexes would fit the axle of a Schumacher? Do they have a raised portion to space them away from the bearing, or do they require a shim against the bearing?

Also, the site says "pair", but the picture shows 4... Is the price for 2 or for 4?

-Mike
Old 07-31-2012, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey CT,
Any update on the rear tc6 bumpers??
Old 07-31-2012, 04:33 PM
Tech Elite

Mike, the listing is just for 1 pair. I need to get the pics updated... I am not sure if they fit the Schumacher. They fit XRAY and Hotbodies, and I am pretty sure tamiya though. No shim is required.

The bumpers are on the docket. I am hoping 5-6 weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.